Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArthurBadin

I think it really isnt her

Don't mind. Now I'm in peace, after writing that. I hope someday she reads it and realizes what is to have someone understanding all her Light talking instead of this someone being a fan of hers for stupid and minimal (material) details.

Guest ArthurBadin

I hope we see Take a Bow in the actual film and not buried in some extras. It was a simple but such a beuitiful heartfelt moment to hear that finally on tour after so many years never performed. It really needs to be there. And Like a prayer is always such an iconic song and a crowdpleaser. I hope she adds that too cause from the teaser it looked amazing. Dress you up was actually working better without lucky star but I want UNedited

Devil Pray please

This. Listen to @@Bat-Fan please Madonna. He knows exactly what we need to expect from a great tour of yours. He is very critical, very hard to be pleased. So if you listen him, you will satisfy all of us. Get it?

Guest ArthurBadin

@@ArthurBadin are you Latino?

@@Rebel Hugo I am a melting pot. Syrian-Lebanese (let Trump not knowing that), Portuguese, Native Brazilian, English, Turkish (thanks to my greatgrandmother, I didn't know her but I love her!!!) and Galician, as far as I know. And Angolan, how could I forget my greatest antecendents? But I'm a "carioca da gema". So the answer is yes.

Guest ArthurBadin

hope its not the showtime poster.... :laughing:  :flower:

I have a feeling it could be the Josh Brandao's UB shot in Prague. She seems to love that photo too much.

I need on this DVD:

- Love dont live here anymore

- Who´s that girl? (It was performed during 2015)

- Take a bow (Performed on asia - australia tour)

- Hanky Panky (In the middle of music with the pussy piano)

It could be easy the extra minutes she has to cut for Showtime (I dont remember, between 12 and 17 minutes)

she usually loves pictures of her on a big screen. note The Confessions Tour and Sticky & Sweet Tour. the vertical lines on MDNA World Tour tried to recreate that effect too.

I believe the cover will be the image of her on the screen, during the intro, on the moment she says "I want to start a revolution".

I care much more about the content than the cover. I dont mind the Showtime poster as the cover but I would be disappointed if the film was just the showtime version that everyone has seen. She will sell ALOT more of the DVD if she includes the missing songs (Take A Bow, Like A Prayer and LDLHA) and unedited version of the shortened songs, like Devil Pray and Deeper And Deeper.

I only care about LDLHA being included. Maybe some other song as an extra but not on the actual film, they break the flow, and Take A Bow was just a cute karaoke session..it's not essential to the show.

If they included a backdrop as an extra that would be great but they've never done that.  :sad: would be so awesome tho, i would love if they did a special edit of the iconic SK footage to create a music video. But I'm dreaming too much lol how much would that slay tho

Naahh, I don't know... the show lacks of a very cohesive narrative, and that specific segment was the most emotive/improvised so I don't really feel that the extra songs and take a bow breaks the flow, actually it was very pleasant surprise in every show.

What I really need in my life is the full Tears of a Clown show, but please with no abrupt camera changes or epileptic effects  :cryin:

Naahh, I don't know... the show lacks of a very cohesive narrative, and that specific segment was the most emotive/improvised so I don't really feel that the extra songs and take a bow breaks the flow, actually it was very pleasant surprise in every show.

I agree, these spontaneous songs like Take A Bow, Secret and so on really were such a huge part of why this tour was so great and these songs should not be left out of the final DVD edit. They are really important for the flow and proper representation of this fantastic tour.

I disagree with the idea that the show lacks a cohesive narrative. Aside from Iconic and Bitch I'm Madonna as the first 2 songs, the rest of the show was pretty tight as far as a "storyline" goes. The only other jarring moment was the SEX interlude between acts 2 & 3. The Gypsy segment was so true to "Madonna" for me, it was like seeing her literally weave her way through her back catalogue...like a gypsy.

I can't say it was a "perfect" show, but to see Madonna embrace her audiences and the imperfections of the live medium, was refreshing and brilliant. And it definitely showed a side of her that needed to be seen.

As we can see by the showtime presentation, that clearly wasn't what she wanted to show the at-home audience.

Hopefully the DVD will redeem the show by including some of those intimate and improvised moments.

What I really need in my life is the full Tears of a Clown show, but please with no abrupt camera changes or epileptic effects  :cryin:

yeah I mean I agree that it doesn't have a strong narrative, it's not your typical "cathartic" storyline. But by break the flow, I mean I don't want it to get bloated and I don't wanna skip songs when I watch it. To me the showtime edit works well to keep people entertained all the way through, and I don't feel we would gain much by having Take A Bow or some of those other extra songs. I'd just like Love Don't Live Here Anymore included cos it was a brilliant part of the show. By all means include extras as extras tho I would like that. JMO

Of course, I want the songs that were cut included, but honestly what I missed the most from the Showtime release was her personality. They included some of her monologues but they were very trimmed for time. Those moments of her just being funny and interacting with the fans would be great to see in the final release. Plus, I would love to see a little bit more of Sydney in the film. I'm sure certain things will changed for the final release. She has always tweaked things in small ways most people don't notice from TV releases to DVD. 

yeah I mean I agree that it doesn't have a strong narrative, it's not your typical "cathartic" storyline. But by break the flow, I mean I don't want it to get bloated and I don't wanna skip songs when I watch it. To me the showtime edit works well to keep people entertained all the way through, and I don't feel we would gain much by having Take A Bow or some of those other extra songs. I'd just like Love Don't Live Here Anymore included cos it was a brilliant part of the show. By all means include extras as extras tho I would like that. JMO

but Take A Bow and Like A Prayer werent extras, they were part of the final filming and they were performed many times before with such amazing reception. It is not like it was a spontaneous idea during the Sydney taping to do them. And these songs that she did, doing one song one night and another the next was a completely new thing for her to do and these songs were part of the reason I loved the tour so much. She was evolving and reinventing herself and the way she does a tour. I think taking those songs out makes the show less intimate and more generic. Not all the songs have to have 20 dancers and flashy backdrops. Also I really hope she doesnt include these songs only as "extras". I think they should be part of the film. People however dont seem to agree which songs, some want whos that girl, others want take a bow or ghosttown. I just hope they wont all be dumped as extras.

That's fine, I mean I wasn't a huge fan of some of those spontaneous performances as much as I appreciate the sentiment of doing surprises... some felt very karaokey which is not the entertainment quality I expect from her.... would've been better to just have Monte accompanying on guitar with simple chords.

I won't complain if there are extra tracks included but I hope it's not too much or poorly done. To me it's about quality rather than quantity but of course what is quality is subjective...

but Take A Bow and Like A Prayer werent extras, they were part of the final filming and they were performed many times before with such amazing reception. It is not like it was a spontaneous idea during the Sydney taping to do them. And these songs that she did, doing one song one night and another the next was a completely new thing for her to do and these songs were part of the reason I loved the tour so much. She was evolving and reinventing herself and the way she does a tour. I think taking those songs out makes the show less intimate and more generic. Not all the songs have to have 20 dancers and flashy backdrops. Also I really hope she doesnt include these songs only as "extras". I think they should be part of the film. People however dont seem to agree which songs, some want whos that girl, others want take a bow or ghosttown. I just hope they wont all be dumped as extras.

Exactly. Which is why those songs need to be extras. There is no way that she can include all of those songs in the film because people just wouldn't go for it. And she can't put in every special song that she did. That would break the show's flow a lot. Watching the Showtime special, what we got in the Gypsy section worked. Had she included Like a Prayer and Take a Bow, there would be way too much time of nothing really going on. Those moments are only meaningful for hardcore fans. To a casual fan who is watching it (which happens more than you would think, I do it myself with other artists) there is no doubt that this section would be boring. My idea is this: 

Include a feature on the disc that before you click play, you are given a list of the special songs and you click which ones you want to see in the film. This idea came from the Jukebox features people used to put on their DVD's. Just a thought.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic