Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

If they aren’t going to include unreleased demos , mixes or live stuff then I just don’t see the point of this campaign then … we all have the albums and singles on many formats for decades now . The streaming stuff should be to entice new fans and the reissues physical stuff should be fans like me who have been fans for decades who want collectors box sets ( like the Prince ones ) which include unreleased material and video content too in the highest quality available 

2 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

I might be in the minority but I think it would be smart for them to release the reissues exclusively on Spotify. Then maybe drop a boxset after like 6 months 

I think there will be a selection drip fed from each release on streaming to keep interest and raise the profile of each campaign.

An unreleased mix

A new version

A demo

and then the rest will be on the physical. I really think we’re gonna see something new. Something in between the Prince estate. (Which has dried up sadly) and the Taylor Swift model where there are some new versions and remixes.

Everything will make its way to streaming but I think there will be a standard & deluxe for streaming and a super deluxe that will be physical format only for a six month period. 

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

I think there will be a selection drip fed from each release on streaming to keep interest and raise the profile of each campaign.

An unreleased mix

A new version

A demo

and then the rest will be on the physical. I really think we’re gonna see something new. Something in between the Prince estate. (Which has dried up sadly) and the Taylor Swift model where there are some new versions and remixes.

Everything will make its way to streaming but I think there will be a standard & deluxe for streaming and a super deluxe that will be physical format only for a six month period. 

But they want to encourage fans to stream. If they release a very well-thought-out reissue, fans will buy it anyway even if it comes out in physical format after 6 months. However the only way to get them to stream stuff is to make it exclusive for a while. Like, if they release Warning signs it should definitely be streaming only for a while.

6 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

But they want to encourage fans to stream. If they release a very well-thought-out reissue, fans will buy it anyway even if it comes out in physical format after 6 months. However the only way to get them to stream stuff is to make it exclusive for a while. Like, if they release Warning signs it should definitely be streaming only for a while.

No thank you.  I want the physical stuff as soon as possible. :smile:  I think it's safe to say, no matter how we feel about the campaign and what's been discussed and debated regarding it, we all are growing impatient.  I have no problem with it being on digital and streaming platforms, but I'm looking forward whatever comes of the physical aspect of this.  I want to be able to wrap my arms around it and add it to the rest of my collection of physical CDs, tapes and Vinyls. And I agree with @wtg1987that it would be pretty pointless in releasing this without something beyond the original albums' tracks, even if it's the demos or Pre-Madonna songs that's leaked or released unofficially from her. I think most of us agree we want a definitive expansive set that  goes beyond the original release.  I'm just not expecting a whole lot, especially unheard songs.  Believe me, I hope to be wrong and they really pack these re-releases with something good. :)

On 4/14/2023 at 9:52 AM, BuggedOut said:

No worries.

We won’t even get the 7” Versions, just The Immaculate Collection versions and the same 2 or 3 people will say we are complaining for even wanting those. :)

I'd love The Immaculate Collection re-issued with the 7" mixes! Even if just digitally.

10 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

I'd love The Immaculate Collection re-issued with the 7" mixes! Even if just digitally.

I do love to know if TIC had songs scrapped from the final tracklisting or mixes that were discarded. LS and Borderline on Celebration are alternate Q-sound mixes so that could be a possibility.

8 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Didn’t Steven Bray say in his liner notes of the Pre-Madonna release the tapes were damaged/corroded? That’s why he rebuilt a new version of the song.

Oh I didn't know about that. I always assumed he remixed them to add a more modern vibe to them. I love Crimes of Passion but always felt that the production didn’t really fit.

44 minutes ago, Roy said:

And I kinda have an inkling that Everybody also had the Q-sound treatment but discarded, basing the mix from the YCD mix. Then again, it's pure guessing.

I've also speculated that there's a Q-sound mix of "Causing a Commotion". It was included on Blond Ambition, Truth or Dare and the Holiday Collection. So clearly it was on somebody's mind in 1990/91.

39 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

I've also speculated that there's a Q-sound mix of "Causing a Commotion". It was included on Blond Ambition, Truth or Dare and the Holiday Collection. So clearly it was on somebody's mind in 1990/91.

So... from our guesses, Everybody, Who's That Girl and Causing a Commotion are most likely to be songs that were scrapped.

1. Everybody could be based from the YCD mix
  2. Who's That Girl could be based from the extended mix
  3. Causing a Commotion could be based from the Silver Screen Mix

I also think that Burning Up, at some point, could have been a candidate for IC but then scrapped.

1 hour ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Can someone ask her team to correct lucky star on the immaculate collection album?

Start some type of movement on Twitter tagging Rhino to solve the wrong versions

Here's an interesting tidbit that may be the reason Lucky Star (U.S. Remix Version) will remain on IC that is on streaming platforms...

While the VHS and LASERDISC both included the original version of the Lucky Star video, the DVD version of Immaculate Collection includes the LS video with the U.S. Remix (with additional footage).  I never thought about it until now, but it's probably intentional that they included the U.S. Remix on the Digital/Streaming platforms, rather a mistake.  But then, what's the reasoning behind Borderline not having the correct audio version as the physical formats did? 

I also wonder if the omission of Who's That Girl, True Blue and Causing A Commotion was intentional as well as her record company knew they were going re-release "Holiday" in the UK and wanted to create a companion EP (The Holiday Collection) with those omitted tracks.  I guess the argument could be made that would only appease the UK market being The Holiday Collection was a limited release. 

Just now, tscott said:

Here's an interesting tidbit that may be the reason Lucky Star (U.S. Remix Version) will remain on streaming platforms...

While the VHS and LASERDISC both included the original version of the video, the DVD version of Immaculate Collection includes the video with the U.S. Remix (with additional footage).  I never thought about it until now, but it's probably intentional that they included the U.S. Remix on the Digital/Streaming platforms, rather a mistake.  But then, what's the reasoning behind Borderline not having the correct audio version as the physical formats did? 

I also wonder if the omission of Who's That Girl, True Blue and Causing A Commotion was intentional as well as her record company knew they were going re-release "Holiday" in the UK and wanted to create a companion EP (The Holiday Collection) with those omitted tracks.  I guess the argument could be made that would only appease the UK market being The Holiday Collection was a limited release. 

The US remix of Lucky Star thing is understandable but I do believe they should have made it a bonus track with the album version of Borderline (mistakenly labeled as remix).

As for The Holiday Collection, maybe it is to give these tracks a bigger chance of success as IC was dominating around the world at that time.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW