Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

3 minutes ago, The Ghost said:
5 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

So when we say it's popular.   30 seconds of it is ?  

Something like that, on TikTok. But has the song gets popular there, people get interested in it and they look for it on Spotify or Youtube and she increases her streaming numbers in other platforms.

3 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

I must be getting old, I don't understand these tiktok videos.

TikTok is the successor of Vine, which was similar not quite as commercialized. Vine was big during High School for me and tapered off before shutting off. TikTok has had more staying power so far and is used by users of all ages for content creation, promo, and entertainment. I honestly get a lot of news and useful tips from TikTok alongside discovering a new song randomly. Which is what is happening for M. So in otherwords, YouTube but in very small bites. My generations attention spans is very short usually so it’s the best medium right now.

1 hour ago, gafuller said:

TikTok is the successor of Vine, which was similar not quite as commercialized. Vine was big during High School for me and tapered off before shutting off. TikTok has had more staying power so far and is used by users of all ages for content creation, promo, and entertainment. I honestly get a lot of news and useful tips from TikTok alongside discovering a new song randomly. Which is what is happening for M. So in otherwords, YouTube but in very small bites. My generations attention spans is very short usually so it’s the best medium right now.

I feel like M moves a bit too slowly for something like TikTok. They’ll have trended her entire discography before she gets this frozen mess out! 
#Soon…ffs

You have to ask what is the point of her new remixes? She’s already getting the streams from the 2 minute version. She obviously wants to wait and use the new remix as promo for whatever is next . Ray Of Light special edition or the remix project. What’s the point of directing people to get steaming page of there is no other new content to stream? She’ll want people to check out the remix album while they are there.

13 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

People were buying Hitclips with 60 sec of a song in them and ringtones about 20 years ago.

At least this 30 seconds are more ecological friendly.

hitclips_02_big.jpg.c6d8c742ab4a763397dbbbc2204bdd84.jpg

I have been around 20 years ago but this is actually the very first time I see something called Hitclips, honestly 

Edited by HC Charge (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, Roy said:

No. It's the left and right channel swapped... at least in my CD rip of the Celebration compilation. 

Exactly, that's why I wrote "remastered". :tongue: They took the original album version and added that terrible "Celebration" remastering: bass boost, loud volume and, in this song, left and right channels swapped (why??).

26 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Exactly, that's why I wrote "remastered". :tongue: They took the original album version and added that terrible "Celebration" remastering: bass boost, loud volume and, in this song, left and right channels swapped (why??).

Because Warner was rushing the fucking project to yeet her to Interscope. The tracklisting didn't make sense, the remastering for the audio is terrible and the whole campaign is so rushed.

Remastered my ass. Even the 2001 remasters are still a mess but not as severely as this.

37 minutes ago, Roy said:

Because Warner was rushing the fucking project to yeet her to Interscope. The tracklisting didn't make sense, the remastering for the audio is terrible and the whole campaign is so rushed.

Remastered my ass. Even the 2001 remasters are still a mess but not as severely as this.

The Material Girl version that was "remastered" is the 2001 "remaster" or it's just the original 1984 master? :thinker:

1 hour ago, PanditaRulez said:

The Material Girl version that was "remastered" is the 2001 "remaster" or it's just the original 1984 master? :thinker:

The original master, compressed and channels swapped. There is just a little boost on the low end and the high end but it's all compressed.

Papa Don't Preach suffered greatly out of all of them.

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

With that stupidity, both Material girl versions from Like a virgin album and the Celebration one, don't count together as the same streams... 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

I wonder how long would a 50 #1s remix album be? like over 150 min? and maybe on 3-4 CDs? -assuming we'll get a physical release of course not just a Stupify playlist-

I still think it will be a 1:30-2:00 for each track, 75-minute session, 1 CD, all mixed, affair. Or 2 CDs if they go for longer versions.

We'll see... somehow... someday. :tongue:

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic