The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

Selfishly hoping that no details leak before opening night, nor any posts from her revealing the stage, setlist, etc.

I've never done opening night before, and it would be a dream for her to deliver a true tour-de-force show with MDNA production and Confessions style music production for all the greatest hits without any of us expecting it.

So, so excited for Vancouver. 

10 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Selfishly hoping that no details leak before opening night, nor any posts from her revealing the stage, setlist, etc.

I've never done opening night before, and it would be a dream for her to deliver a true tour-de-force show with MDNA production and Confessions style music production for all the greatest hits without any of us expecting it.

Love that idea MDNA production and Confessions style music production  - what a combination  - I can dream! 

11 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I've a feeling the setlist will be pretty tight lipped. Unless she reveals hints on IG like she did with RHT but I honestly think she did that to sell for tickets.

4 hours ago, Future Lover said:

I've said this many times before but I will reiterate. 

I am an avid tour box office/ticket sales watcher and there is nothing abnormal about how these newly announced shows are selling. How the original dates sold was what was abnormal. 

The days of instant sell outs are long behind us unless the artist has achieved a certain pop culture dominance that not many get to and/or the tour itself has drawn a lot of media commotion. That only accounts for 1-2% of touring artists today. In recent memory, the only artists to sell out arena or stadium tours immediately are Harry Styles and Taylor Swift. 

The sales rush Madonna experienced with the first dates came from the hype that was created around an artist of her stature doing a long awaited greatest hits tour. If this were just another album tour, we wouldn't have seen that happen. That was uncommon not just for her current standards, but the for the standards of most artists in today's world. 

Concerts are getting more and more expensive and people are less and less willing to spend that money for what amounts to 2-3 hours of their lives. As such, ticket sales tend to go much slower and we only see full sell outs in the days or sometimes hours before the show actually begins. On the Rebel Heart Tour, Toronto and Nashville both had a ton of tickets available in the week before the show, but by the time she was on stage that arena was full. 

Most people wait to buy either until they've saved money or until they know what they're going to get from a show. Only big fans get their tickets immediately, and as we saw, they did. This tour is not just catering to big fans, it's bringing in an audience she likely hasn't played for in years, and they move slower in buyng tickets just like the always have. The majority of artists won't have their venue sold out until the very day that the show is happening, and that is not some new phenomenon, it has been that way for well over a decade now. This show is months and months away, so no of course it isn't going to be sold out now. That's just now how it works anymore.

These shows will be just fine. LiveNation, the promoters, and the venue wouldn't have booked them if they felt they were in any danger of flopping. Once upon a time they'd take those chances, but not in a world now where touring is such a costly investment for all parties involved. 

Adding a big fat “agreed on every count” to this post.

Personally I’m thrilled with how these shows are selling. I’m also slightly worried that one of many two shows is a stadium and I just hoped she’s been selling well… but when I checked the sales page which shows they’re selling tickets behind the stage… which means it’s going to be packed!!!

Can’t wait to have the up close experience for the first time in 15 years… and Mum is coming with me, our first since RHT! ❤️

14 hours ago, Future Lover said:

I've said this many times before but I will reiterate. 

I am an avid tour box office/ticket sales watcher and there is nothing abnormal about how these newly announced shows are selling. How the original dates sold was what was abnormal. 

The days of instant sell outs are long behind us unless the artist has achieved a certain pop culture dominance that not many get to and/or the tour itself has drawn a lot of media commotion. That only accounts for 1-2% of touring artists today. In recent memory, the only artists to sell out arena or stadium tours immediately are Harry Styles and Taylor Swift. 

The sales rush Madonna experienced with the first dates came from the hype that was created around an artist of her stature doing a long awaited greatest hits tour. If this were just another album tour, we wouldn't have seen that happen. That was uncommon not just for her current standards, but the for the standards of most artists in today's world. 

Concerts are getting more and more expensive and people are less and less willing to spend that money for what amounts to 2-3 hours of their lives. As such, ticket sales tend to go much slower and we only see full sell outs in the days or sometimes hours before the show actually begins. On the Rebel Heart Tour, Toronto and Nashville both had a ton of tickets available in the week before the show, but by the time she was on stage that arena was full. 

Most people wait to buy either until they've saved money or until they know what they're going to get from a show. Only big fans get their tickets immediately, and as we saw, they did. This tour is not just catering to big fans, it's bringing in an audience she likely hasn't played for in years, and they move slower in buyng tickets just like the always have. The majority of artists won't have their venue sold out until the very day that the show is happening, and that is not some new phenomenon, it has been that way for well over a decade now. This show is months and months away, so no of course it isn't going to be sold out now. That's just now how it works anymore.

These shows will be just fine. LiveNation, the promoters, and the venue wouldn't have booked them if they felt they were in any danger of flopping. Once upon a time they'd take those chances, but not in a world now where touring is such a costly investment for all parties involved. 

you're probably right. I just got used at the first shows selling out so fast that i didn't even consider how the market works.

I mean Beyonce still has like half of her stadium dates with tickets available right now and she's about to start her tour, lmao.

48 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

you're probably right. I just got used at the first shows selling out so fast that i didn't even consider how the market works.

I mean Beyonce still has like half of her stadium dates with tickets available right now and she's about to start her tour, lmao.

not sure about the US, but in Europe her shows were sold out in minutes

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic