Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

7 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

From what I know, 'Music' was indeed rehearsed but was removed during late rehearsals (post health scare) with a few other songs from the same act. I don't know if the song has been added again during this week in Manchester, but I highly doubt it.

Sigh…thank you…that’s depressing. Assuming the other songs were also uptempo.

2 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

That’s the thing, most other gays apart from super fans are gonna absolutely hate this setlist…. :dead:

Maybe we shouldnt presume..

9 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

From what I know, 'Music' was indeed rehearsed but was removed during late rehearsals (post health scare) with a few other songs from the same act. I don't know if the song has been added again during this week in Manchester, but I highly doubt it.

Slower songs = better vocals. I'm here for it.

15 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

That's sad but let's hope some other big hits are in there... She needs to do Vogue and Like a Prayer. 

However, I'm glad that the "Music" album is represented by Don't Tell Me :smile:

5 minutes ago, Valdu25 said:

That's sad but let's hope some other big hits are in there... She needs to do Vogue and Like a Prayer. 

However, I'm glad that the "Music" album is represented by Don't Tell Me :smile:

Given Vogue was teased by Bob and we've seen all the Voguing videos with dancers, probably safe to assume that's in.

Like a Prayer *has* to be there. Leaving it out would be insanity.

I'm going to be shocked if we don't get Material Girl, Lucky Star, La Isla Bonita, Express Yourself, etc.

Just now, Jackie said:

Wow that's really strange about Music - given it was such a global smash hit!

It was her biggest hit of the 00s...you'd think for an artist so obsessed with staying relevant that she'd be doing her big more recent hits. The only proper representation of the 00s is Don't Tell Me, a massacred version of Hung Up, Die Another Day, and Sorry? C'mon....

Where's Music? 4 Minutes? The ORIGINAL Hung Up? Give It 2 Me? Celebration?

How odd...

Just now, eXtremeOccident said:

Given Vogue was teased by Bob and we've seen all the Voguing videos with dancers, probably safe to assume that's in.

Like a Prayer *has* to be there. Leaving it out would be insanity.

I'm going to be shocked if we don't get Material Girl, Lucky Star, La Isla Bonita, Express Yourself, etc.

I have a feeling that La Isla Bonita won't be there if all the songs (so far) teased by DrownedMadonna are in the setlist, it would mean that there are 4 songs from True Blue, but who knows 

And the removal of Music might indicate that Express Yourself is not in there anymore (if it was ever considered) :/

Oh wow, it’s quite hard to stay optimistic. I don’t care about Music at all but I fear now she cut some of my faves. Sometimes it’s better not knowing what she rehearsed and what was the possibility 😂 also why cut the songs and not just change up the choreo for her…

3 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

It was her biggest hit of the 00s...you'd think for an artist so obsessed with staying relevant that she'd be doing her big more recent hits. The only proper representation of the 00s is Don't Tell Me, a massacred version of Hung Up, Die Another Day, and Sorry? C'mon....

Where's Music? 4 Minutes? The ORIGINAL Hung Up? Give It 2 Me? Celebration?

How odd...

She LOVES Don't Tel Me I think much more than Music - so makes sense she'd ditch Music for DTM - DM did say expect the unexpected lol. 

Perfectly happy to be without music. The last time a performance of it was exciting was 2006. Like a Prayer I'd enjoy if it's acoustic. Vogue - well, I've never been a big fan but I get that it needs to be there.

Hoping for La Isla. Alongside Borderline it's easily her most played song on Smooth, the radio station I imagine most of the audience will listen to the most.

3 minutes ago, Justice said:

If Music was removed because she wasn't able to do the choreography, then it makes sense that most of energetic dance songs were removed. Probably Vogue, Holiday and light dance songs will be exceptions.

I take issue with that, honestly. That's not a good enough reason to remove her most iconic songs. She's had months to make fixes to this show after everything that happened. They could have toned her choreography down or removed it altogether while letting the dancers do the work. The audience would understand.

This is MADONNA we're talking about. She's not known as a slow songs and ballads artist. She's a dance pop artist, first and foremost. Like, her greatest hits album last year was a collection of 50 DANCE SONGS. 

I'm gonna come out and say it -- A lot of fans, myself included, have paid a LOT of money for the shows this time around. We've sat through years of the artistically indulgent shows. We've dealt with the last minute cancellations and shortened shows. We've sat in the arena with her coming on 3 hours late. We've done all of this and applauded her and waited patiently for years...decades...for her to finally do a greatest hits tour. And that is absolutely 100% what this was sold as. "I dare you to do a world tour and play your greatest motherfucking hits" "4 decades? As in all of those years and all those songs?" Remember? And in the YouTube description: "the first to celebrate four decades of music and her greatest hits!"  This is a *massive* bait and switch if she ends up leaving songs like Material Girl, Lucky Star, Express Yourself, 4 Minutes, Like a Prayer, original Hung Up, Music, and La Isla Bonita off of the setlist.

I get that she can't please everyone -- She has a massive amount of songs, and of course some of the more hidden gems on the setlist are exciting (Bad Girl, Oh Father, Erotica)...but give me a break, there are 15+ songs that are absolute expectations, no question, in a Madonna greatest hits tour.

Her illness was extremely unfortunate, but to scrap the big hits due to it means we aren't really getting what we were sold, and I guarantee there are going to be a lot of pissed off people if she leaves the majority of the biggest ones off of the list.

I don’t think she scrapped Music because of her illness or for not being able to do the choreo. The Rebel Heart Tour version was pretty safe on the dancing side, so I doubt they couldn’t adjust it to something easy but fun this time around. It probably didn’t fit the “narrative” and felt basic… who knows?! But I’m also kind of surprised that such a massive song would be scrapped from a tour that celebrates her career.

Honestly, no matter what the next revealed songs are, I'm already super excited by what we have so far. 

Could you imagine, two months ago, that we are about to see Madonna singing Bad Girl, Nothing Really Matters, Rain or even Justify My Love in the same show ? 

And for now, some hits are already in there : Ray of Light, Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart, Don't Tell Me... I'm pretty sure these songs are going to be amazing on stage. After almost 15 years we deserve to hear Ray of Light in its pop glory !

Can't wait ! :D 

EDIT : And I have faith in Stuart Price to remix Hung Up on Tokischa in a way we will like !

Edited by Valdu25 (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, Valdu25 said:

Honestly, no matter what the next revealed songs are, I'm already super excited by what we have so far. 

Could you imagine, two months ago, that we are about to see Madonna singing Bad Girl, Nothing Really Matters, Rain or even Justify My Love in the same show ? 

And for now, some hits are already in there : Ray of Light, Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart, Don't Tell Me... I'm pretty sure these songs are going to be amazing on stage. After almost 15 years we deserve to hear Ray of Light in its pop glory !

Can't wait ! :D 

Nothing has been confirmed, because most of it came from a fan site.

The songs teased by Madonna and her team are : Nothing Really Matters, Bedtime Story, Crazy For You, Like a Virgin/Billie Jean, Bitch I'm Madonna.

Someone mentioned Don't Tell Me and Everybody being teased on Instagram, but I don't know about that.

Madonna teased these songs and asked fans what they want her to play after the tour was announced: Rescue Me, Like a Prayer, Physical Attraction, Papa Don’t Preach, Bad Girl, Human Nature, Crazy For You, Lucky Star and Erotica.

22 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I take issue with that, honestly. That's not a good enough reason to remove her most iconic songs. She's had months to make fixes to this show after everything that happened. They could have toned her choreography down or removed it altogether while letting the dancers do the work. The audience would understand.

This is MADONNA we're talking about. She's not known as a slow songs and ballads artist. She's a dance pop artist, first and foremost. Like, her greatest hits album last year was a collection of 50 DANCE SONGS. 

I'm gonna come out and say it -- A lot of fans, myself included, have paid a LOT of money for the shows this time around. We've sat through years of the artistically indulgent shows. We've dealt with the last minute cancellations and shortened shows. We've sat in the arena with her coming on 3 hours late. We've done all of this and applauded her and waited patiently for years...decades...for her to finally do a greatest hits tour. And that is absolutely 100% what this was sold as. "I dare you to do a world tour and play your greatest motherfucking hits" "4 decades? As in all of those years and all those songs?" Remember? And in the YouTube description: "the first to celebrate four decades of music and her greatest hits!"  This is a *massive* bait and switch if she ends up leaving songs like Material Girl, Lucky Star, Express Yourself, 4 Minutes, Like a Prayer, original Hung Up, Music, and La Isla Bonita off of the setlist.

I get that she can't please everyone -- She has a massive amount of songs, and of course some of the more hidden gems on the setlist are exciting (Bad Girl, Oh Father, Erotica)...but give me a break, there are 15+ songs that are absolute expectations, no question, in a Madonna greatest hits tour.

Her illness was extremely unfortunate, but to scrap the big hits due to it means we aren't really getting what we were sold, and I guarantee there are going to be a lot of pissed off people if she leaves the majority of the biggest ones off of the list.

Calm down….