Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

55 minutes ago, broujeorbit said:

This could be true because we don’t know whether this was her decision (which I doubt) or the labels. The AL backlash was nothing compared to black jesus or evian bottles. She was never gonna tone it down. She was definitely ready to piss people off. 

Please, show some respect for Saint Martin of Porres. There aren't to this date many black saints in the Church esp highly revered ones such as him. Plus M has always referred to him as a "black saint," not a "black jesus."

20 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Truth or dare, truth or dare, Dazed: Burning Up will get some precareer song samples such as Bells Ringing or High Society?

I've always thought the verses "bells ringing, inside my head, I could ignore them, but choose to live instead" would sound fantastic in any M tour!!!

I would love that 

I know it's just a number counting mistake, but I would wonder if M's team do consider TOAC as a "tour" on its own right to be called that since it was presented for more than one night. If so, I'd second that and gladly affirm I'm So Stupid and Easy Ride had their tour shining at all. @Sheridan1980since you share with me the same admiration for American Life (album), I'd like to know ur take on it. Sorry @Honey Littlebut I haven't found a more recent thread to TOAC as a tour on Infinity yet, shall we talk about it here while @Dazedmadonnastill hasn't delivered the gift of today.

1 minute ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I’m still so skeptical about Bob the Drag Queen. That feels like the key variable to whether this show will be incredible or a mess :rip:

I did love his sketches for Finally Enough Pride. I knew by then M would love having him as a master of ceremony for such an autobiographic concert tour.

7 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I’m still so skeptical about Bob the Drag Queen. That feels like the key variable to whether this show will be incredible or a mess :rip:

Me too. It's the only thing that makes me a bit reluctant, but then again I don't want to judge before seeing it.

(I'm also not a fan of drag shows, in general... so probably that's why I'm not very keen on the idea of Bob being part of the show. :Madonna023:)

18 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

I know it's just a number counting mistake, but I would wonder if M's team do consider TOAC as a "tour" on its own right to be called that since it was presented for more than one night. If so, I'd second that and gladly affirm I'm So Stupid and Easy Ride had their tour shining at all. @Sheridan1980since you share with me the same admiration for American Life (album), I'd like to know ur take on it. Sorry @Honey Littlebut I haven't found a more recent thread to TOAC as a tour on Infinity yet, shall we talk about it here while @Dazedmadonnastill hasn't delivered the gift of today.

Personally, I see TOAC more as a special event, but one that still has its importance, a sort of private concert that took place twice. 

8 hours ago, dankpepe said:

If I want a montage of her VMA look, I can go to Youtube. If she's not going to wear it, I don't want to see a dancer wearing it, like who cares about if her dancers are wearing her iconic looks.

I think a lot of people would find that really cool, actually. Myself included. 

She can't wear every single iconic costume through her whole career but it would be amazing to see her literally walking among her history. She did that once before at an award show with some drag queens and it was stunning. 

Just now, Future Lover said:

She can't wear every single iconic costume through her whole career but it would be amazing to see her literally walking among her history. She did that once before at an award show with some drag queens and it was stunning. 

More precisely the VMAs that took place on September 9, 1999. Last time she was awarded with a silver astronaut. That night (and the day after) will never be forgotten by me while I breathe.

2 hours ago, Sheridan1980 said:

it was definitely a GH Tour 

I think some people here need to be refreshed on what exactly a greatest hits tour is. 

A greatest hits tour is not a tour that is launched in support of a brand new album and is built heavily around the themes of that new album. She did half the album in the setlist. Just because she didn't open with a song from it doesn't mean that that tour wasn't a tour for American Life. 

RIT was in no way shape or form a greatest hits tour 

29 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Bob is an incredible performer so I wouldn't sweat it. He is one of the most successful drag race winners of all time for a reason. He along with Trixie Mattel, Katya, and Jiynx are really the only ones that have crossed over from just being famous in the gay world to be recognizable figures culturally period. Bob has his own stand up special, has successfully been touring for several years, and has been a mainstay at reputable and acclaimed comedy clubs across the world. He is part of a really inspiring TV show (not drag race, a show called We Are Here) that has won a few Emmys and also has an award nominated podcast. He is known to be hard working and innovative. I've no doubt that his part in the show will be important to the narrative and act as important connective tissue. 

7 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

That's a nice idea and it is always fun, She's Not Me from Sticky & Sweet Tour was a moment.
I think Madonna is clever enough to reference a look rather than wear a replica that will make her look like a tribute act of herself. Also, in this day and age people on social media would drag her comparing the old and new pics and say "sad how much she's changed¹¹¹11¹!!!" and that "she can't accept she's not like that anymore¹¹1¹!!!".

5 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

I think some people here need to be refreshed on what exactly a greatest hits tour is. 

A greatest hits tour is not a tour that is launched in support of a brand new album and is built heavily around the themes of that new album. She did half the album in the setlist. Just because she didn't open with a song from it doesn't mean that that tour wasn't a tour for American Life. 

RIT was in no way shape or form a greatest hits tour 

Only 5 song live is not a tour to support an album, especially for Madonna 

3 hours ago, Markdonna said:

Nah… (You just hate that record. Wink. Wink.). She and Price did a podcast out of the blue a while back (but recently) where they both raved about how much fun they had with that record… and it sounded very legit. And I still say she created her best tour off of that record. So she certainly put a lot of thought and effort into it.

More — after a long absence, Price is BACK.

For some reason I always had the impression that she liked Stuart a bit more and that it might have led to more friction between Guy and her at the time…That would maybe also explain why she hasn’t been crazy about working with him again until now.

1 minute ago, Bjonkers said:

Can we please discuss Reinvention elsewhere. This thread is about the current tour. Y'all are tying yourselves up in knots for no reason and it's exhausting. It was 19 years ago. Nobody gives a shit. Have a wank or something instead.

Game Gay GIF

Oh Stuart and Madonna had mad chemistry no doubt about that. Stuart and Guy are two sides of the same cheeky cheeky Chappy don't bow down to pop goddess type that probably reminded her of Sean and the men in her family. Guy was defo on the more alpha and Stuart has that hot beta unphased energy. He's very attractive. 

She was certainly Brit drunk for a while there after Andy Bird. 

Who can blame her. 

Stuart is probably the one person from her past that I most with she'd have ended up with tbh.