Could Madonna one day achieve EGOT status?

Fabiolous

Do you think Madonna could one day achieve EGOT status? Do you think she is even interested? It's the highest achievement for an entertainer, so it sounds like something she would want. She already has several Grammy's, and she probably could have had an Oscar too if it wasn't for the Masterpiece mess.

EGOT for what? Tony Award for her outstanding portayal of Madonna on stage? If you want an Oscar, you have to be an actor…. in movies…. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ and M clearly isn't. I am not trying to stir up the ago-old debate on how shitty she was in Swept Away or how great she was as Susan and Eva - it's just that if you wanna be considered for an Oscar, you need a movie to promote to the academy! Same goes for the Emmy. Do you think the TV academy will consider her for her outrageous instagram posts or what?

7 minutes ago, MCL_1993 said:

EGOT for what? Tony Award for her outstanding portayal of Madonna on stage? If you want an Oscar, you have to be an actor…. in movies…. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ and M clearly isn't. I am not trying to stir up the ago-old debate on how shitty she was in Swept Away or how great she was as Susan and Eva - it's just that if you wanna be considered for an Oscar, you need a movie to promote to the academy! Same goes for the Emmy. Do you think the TV academy will consider her for her outrageous instagram posts or what?

Oscars are also handed out to best original songs. You must love me and Sooner or later both won an Oscar, but it didn't go to M cause didn't have a writing credit. She could win an Oscar for a new song written for a movie.

Tony awards are also awarded to producers, directors, songwriters... 

In fact, Rupaul won a Tony

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

It's the highest achievement for an entertainer

Looking at the list of EGOT winners Madonna is more successful than the majority of them. Award shows are not everything. I don’t think she’d know what EGOT even is but of course she’d want an Oscar… for film directing though not music.

If they aren’t going to honour her when she puts out masterpieces like true blue or like a prayer they sure as shit won’t give her anything now seeing as she mostly mocked by society and awards shows are only interested in popular tween idols now … she doesn’t care about awards anyway if you listen to the Howard stern interview from 2015 …

At this point, I feel an Oscar win is hardly possible, but as others said, she could get one for a written song if not producing, writing or directing.  I think if she had any chance it would be song related.  But I'm not holding my breath.  She's had some stunning soundtrack songs that got snubbed throughout the years.

I think an Oscar is possible in the Best Song category. M was snubbed so many times in the past, but many new members might be more respectful to M's music, it's still a possibility. I don't think it's likely she'd get a nomination for Best Picture as one of the producers. I feel that M's understanding of the movie business is so poor that she just wouldn't even pick the right project as a producer. I mean, her portfolio as a movie producer consists of disasters like 30 Days Until I'm Famous, Agent Cody Banks, Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London. I think Madonna fundamentally doesn't understand that the movie industry, and how different it is from the music industry, and can't fathom that her status in the music business just doesn't apply to the movie business.

Tony might be more challenging, because Madonna didn't express much interest in producing a show, and a musical based on her music is her best shot. She could get a Tony for producing the show without directing it, or starring in it, so I think that's her best shot for a Tony.

I didn't know she was never nominated for an Emmy. But with so many categories, some TV special could easily get an award for something - Outstanding Variety Special (Live) or Outstanding Variety Special (Pre-Recorded). There is also a Best Song category for TV shows (Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics) but most of the nominees and winners are funny songs from comedy skits, only occasionally serious songs.

With all this being said, Madonna was never into awards anyway, as much as she loves being on top, I don't think she ever took awards seriously. But I genuinely believe she thought she was an Oscar caliber actress and desired an acting award. I remember a red carpet interview the year titanic was nominated, she said in that the night she wins, it will be a bigger and better ceremony. And I don't think she was being sarcastic or ironic. :eyes:

36 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

EGOT like most subjective achievements is mostly sponsored

Madonna would not care - and she has never chased awards, she has at times turned down achievement awards 

I'm not sure I buy that she "would not care" when it comes to an Oscar.  I think she would love to win such.  But I agree "achievement awards" isn't  her thing!

33 minutes ago, kineticsolace said:

If she was interested, she would have placed Masterpiece in the film or as the first end credit song in W.E where she had a strong chance of winning best original song...in my opinion

I believe there was confusion in the inclusion of where the song should be.  I'm sure she would have included where it needed it be if she knew it would win her an award.

Well, personally I'm not worried about Madonna achieving this title because I'm more interested in awards or recognitions that have a global impact, such as being the Queen of pop, the Best Artist of All times, the female artist who has sold the most albums or the most millionaire, etc. Of all those awards, I think the Oscars do have a global impact, but the others mentioned do not attract my attention as a fan.

2 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

Oh, she cares about awards A LOT but she knows she will not get most of them. If she had won an oscar for acting, she would have died there in the place.

Still think it's ridiculous that her performance in Evita was good enough to win a Golden Globe but not to be nominated for an Oscar. 

Let's be real here, she can't act.

You may argue she's good in ALOTO & Evita but she's merely playing herself.

She had even once said she would sign on if the character looked like her. 

Emmy - She can't act but she could still compete for "Original Music & Lyrics" provided she's willing to do it.

Grammy - Checked

Oscar - She can't act, hence she can only hope for "Best Song". Masterpiece was a wasted chance.

Tony - She can't act and there's no best song category. She can forget about it.

5 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Still think it's ridiculous that her performance in Evita was good enough to win a Golden Globe but not to be nominated for an Oscar. 

to be honest, the Golden Globes are much more open to awarding big names and major celebrities in order to attract them to the live show... the Globes are the least serious award in the awards circuit, they are well known because of the show they put on with so many major celebs attending. M wasn't nominated for any other relevant acting award for Evita. I think the only other nominations she got were the MTV Award and the Blockbuster award.