VULGAR

deathproof

I miss the days when a song took time to permeate.  Radio would gradually add songs.  People would buy the songs beyond the first week.  The song would take sometimes weeks before hitting the top 10.  These days, it's all about instant gratification.  If it doesn't chart  (or chart very well), the first week, it's immediately doomed a flop.  Anymore, songs are so quickly disposable.  People enjoy it one week, and they move on the next.  It's pretty sad! :sad:

22 minutes ago, tscott said:

I miss the days when a song took time to permeate.  Radio would gradually add songs.  People would buy the songs beyond the first week.  The song would take sometimes weeks before hitting the top 10.  These days, it's all about instant gratification.  If it doesn't chart  (or chart very well), the first week, it's immediately doomed a flop.  Anymore, songs are so quickly disposable.  People enjoy it one week, and they move on the next.  It's pretty sad! :sad:

wasn't the UK chart like this for decades, that the first week or two showed how the song would do? I remember most Madonna songs in the late 90's and early 00's peaking in their first week. And in the US it took months for the songs to peak, as it does today often.

16 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

If it's not top 40, it's not a hit

Some people would say that if it's not Top 20, depending on the artist, it's not a hit while for others, or depending of the context, a Top 100 is a triumph.

In the end, like I said before in the "Popular" thread, they're the 100 most popular songs in the country between literally thousands of songs released each week.

So any entry in the Top 100 is technically a hit and will be in chart history.

But I agree we expected more of "Vulgar". It's not doing bad, I mean 4M in five days... lots of artists would kill for that. But what disappoints me really is the lack of effort on Sam and Sam's label's part. This should have easily been at least a Top 40 entry in the UK if they cared a little bit.

At least it's helping to boost her Spotify numbers to the max. Between "Popular" and "Vulgar", she's never been higher than now.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

But what disappoints me really is the lack of effort on Sam and Sam's label's part. This should have easily been at least a Top 40 entry in the UK if they cared a little bit.

The lack of promotion amazes me. It could have easily been a worldwide hit. But without promotion, as always, there is nothing.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Some people would say that if it's not Top 20, depending on the artist, it's not a hit while for others, or depending of the context, a Top 100 is a triumph.

In the end, like I said before in the "Popular" thread, they're the 100 most popular songs in the country between literally thousands of songs released each week.

But I agree we expected more of "Vulgar". It's not doing bad, I mean 4M in five days... lots of artists would kill for that. But what disappoints me really is the lack of effort on Sam and Sam's label's part. This should have easily been at least a Top 40 entry in the UK if they cared a little bit.

At least it's helping to boost her Spotify numbers to the max. Between "Popular" and "Vulgar", she's never been higher than now.

I get what you're saying, but if it's not in the top 40 in the UK, then it's a flop. I am very surprised this isn't a bigger hit, I was even thinking it could be a top 10 hit. It seems to me that whenever Madonna is involved, it seems to flop :cry:

11 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

I get what you're saying, but if it's not in the top 40 in the UK, then it's a flop. I am very surprised this isn't a bigger hit, I was even thinking it could be a top 10 hit. It seems to me that whenever Madonna is involved, it seems to flop :cry:

"Popular" is not a flop and she's involved. So let's stop with that narrative.

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

My expectations were very low and it’s doing better than I thought. Even though Unholy was a hit I don’t think Sam Smith is that huge, compared to other artists like Taylor Swift or The Weeknd 

I feel like the labels did pretty well with all the press and getting the song on radio (when’s the last time a new Madonna song got added on radio?) 

But I keep saying, this really needs a video to truly take off. Hopefully they considered that and one is on the way

19 hours ago, DontTemptMe26 said:

Just going to ask in here and see what happens. Does anyone have a link to download for the Vulgar font?

I have asked in the correct areas, I figured I would also initate in here :-)

S&M = IntegralCF-Medium.ttf

Vulgar=should be  FTY OverKill Machined Regular

https://en.likefont.com/font/377367/

image.thumb.png.9205493fca3530160d1d91f06a90b746.png

VulgarHQ.png

2023 Vulgar S&M [Konvertiert].svg

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic