POPULAR

8 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

None of the singles she’s released since 2015 had any hit potential . Some were honestly the worst things she’s ever done (eg Material Gworrrl)

A Super Mario movie song charted on Billboard with a chorus saying Peaches peaches peaches peaches peaches. Taylor Swift sent a 10 minute song to number one. So what is even hit potential anymore?

Madonna released only one album's singles since 2015 and it wasn't supposed to be very commercial. The other singles were reworks of something. Have Rihanna release Crave and Beyoncé release IDSIF in 2019. Bam you got two hit potentials.

On 6/3/2023 at 2:17 PM, Would You Like To Try said:

I asked ai to make a rap song about Madonna:

ChatGPT

(Verse 1)

Madonna, the queen of pop, she reigns supreme,

Her music's iconic, a visionary's dream.

From the streets of Detroit to the global stage,

She captivates the world with her charisma and rage.

A trailblazer, pushing boundaries with every track,

With her sultry voice, she's got the whole world hooked, that's a fact.

From "Like a Virgin" to "Material Girl" and beyond,

She's an unstoppable force, her talent spawns.

(Chorus)

Madonna, the legend, she's got the groove,

With her style and grace, she makes the world move.

Her music transcends time, her artistry shines,

Madonna, the icon, forever in our minds.

(Verse 2)

She's a rebel heart, fearless and bold,

Through her music, her story's told.

Her provocative image, she owns it with pride,

Breaking barriers, she's never afraid to collide.

From the MTV stage to sold-out arenas,

Madonna's energy, contagious like a fever.

She's a symbol of empowerment and female strength,

Her message resonates, crossing boundaries at length.

(Chorus)

(Verse 3)

She's an innovator, always ahead of the game,

With each album, Madonna lights up the flame.

She's an advocate for freedom and self-expression,

Through her music, she sparks a global obsession.

Her reinventions, a testament to her art,

Madonna's revolution, it ignites the heart.

With her fearless spirit and unyielding drive,

She continues to inspire, keeping the music alive.

(Chorus)

(Bridge)

So raise your hands and feel the beat,

Madonna's music, a rhythm that's so sweet.

Her legacy, it lives on, forever strong,

In the hearts of fans, her spirit belongs.

(Chorus)

(Outro)

Madonna, the queen of pop, a tru

e phenomenon,

Her influence echoes, a lasting marathon.

With her music, she breaks barriers and binds,

Madonna, the legend, forever in our minds.

Firstly... Scary!

Secondly... Those lyrics are too intelligent for most of the public.

Thirdly... That's one wordy and long-ass song.

20 hours ago, steady75 said:

I think some of you are doing too much. Point of fact is Madonna’s material has been on the whole well under par in terms of mass appeal for the best part of 15 years. There’s been bad mixing, bad vocals, a lack of hooks and melody and a bratty grumpiness that has disconnected her from the general public. Plus the social media fauxs and persona which has done her a great disservice. 

There has been a recent course correction in some part and a willingness to embrace her past a bit more. 

Despite all of the above Madonna just needed one thing. Stronger material and wiser single choices. Warner never did her wrong in terms of singles in 25 yrs. Interscope years have been patchy as fuck I say this as someone who loves Rebel Heart which got 2/3 right. 

If the music is top notch the GP will follow. It hasn’t been. I’m hoping Max will come through for her. 
Here’s to the closing of those chapters and the beginning of a beautiful phase of her career. 

Not sure I entirely agree with this. Crave was a great song, very mainstream and had it been released by say Miley Cyrus is would have been a top 10 hit, easily. I also think had Girl Gone Wild been released first off MDNA and performed at the Superbowl it would have had better legs, same with Ghosttown. I don't think it's all been about the material. 

I wouldn't say popular is a better song than either Crave or Ghosttown, but it's a good little feature on a very popular artists track and there's another coming on Friday that I think may do well in the UK and Europe. 

Just when my fanaticism towards Madonna was going through its worst moment due to the unfortunate collaborations with insignificant artists whose songs were so bad, insipid and frigid that they did not make me reach musical ecstasy, this song appears that is like a light of hope or a sign that good taste and tact are not completely lost after all.

However, nothing is still perfect because again Madonna only appears for a few seconds in the song and then practically disappears because even though she also participates in the choirs, her voice goes to the background and does not stand out with the same intensity as that of the main artist.

Something that prevents me from giving this collaboration a better score is the participation for the umpteenth time of a rapper who breaks the cohesion that the song should have. I will never understand these tendencies to include a rhythm that has nothing to do with the original song because for me it breaks the cohesion that any piece of music should have and which is precisely what I value so much in a song. Is that genre so popular that it has to meddle in a completely different song like pop, rock or jazz distorting the original essence of these songs? Honestly, I'll never understand.

3 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Madonna only appears for a few seconds in the song and then practically disappears because even though she also participates in the choirs, her voice goes to the background and does not stand out with the same intensity as that of the main artist.

True, and I do wish she was more prominent in the later choruses, but she does have the entire second verse to herself. And she's in very good voice.

2 hours ago, superbu said:

True, and I do wish she was more prominent in the later choruses, but she does have the entire second verse to herself. And she's in very good voice.

it's true. I hope that this song is the beginning of more serious collaborations and where quality predominates both in the lyrics and in the message of the song, since they are this type of musical works that will last in the memory of the fans and not songs that praise concepts as frivolous as vulgarity that, musically speaking, will ultimately have the same value as a belch.

31 minutes ago, Andreo said:

The Idol new season drops today if I'm not wrong, so it's not too far from reality to expect the song to rise a bit after the weekend decreasing streams, the song being added in many playlist and radio stations and mostly, the new The Idol season premiering today. Let's see 

I thought it premiered last night?  But nevertheless, you are right, it only makes sense to see the song rise.  However, it wasn't this song played in the premiere, but LAP got some lovin according to @Pedro Beltranearlier post which mentioned LAP had a 2 to 3 minute feature in a scene.  So I'll be interested to see if LAP gets a boost in digital and streaming. 

15 minutes ago, tscott said:

I thought it premiered last night?  But nevertheless, you are right, it only makes sense to see the song rise.  However, it wasn't this song played in the premiere, but LAP got some lovin according to @Pedro Beltranearlier post which mentioned LAP had a 2 to 3 minute feature in a scene.  So I'll be interested to see if LAP gets a boost in digital and streaming. 

The show premiered last night in Mexico and I would guess the US and Canada. it’s always their time slot for the “important” shows. 
I don’t know the timing for other markets.

5 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

The full scene featuring LAP is here :

https://twitter.com/digital__junkie/status/1665556585060397057

Don't think that I can post the video rip here.

Wow. Thanks.  I love how they utilized the song in the scene.  Love how they were dancing and having fun with the songs, then it became a bit psychedelic dreamy like and then when it was getting intense, they slowed it down as something sinister was going down. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic