POPULAR

4 hours ago, Andreo said:

I can't believe it's barely making it in the top 50, after the first day I was already expecting a granted top10, how is a Weeknd single making so few streams??? 

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

Almost 12M in four days is "so few streams"? 

It'll be her first US Top 50 in ELEVEN years. Only two weeks ago this seemed impossible for her at this point. 

Let's celebrate instead of trying to find the negative angle. Plus it still got chances to grow if it gets radio airplay (or the label buys it).

I'd say the Hot 100 is based heavily on Radio airplay, and I supposed it hasn't been played a lot yet.  Streaming seems to be pretty good, it's just the lack of radio airplay as of now.  But it's not even a week yet, so I imagine it will pick on radio.

1 minute ago, tscott said:

I'd say the Hot 100 is based heavily on Radio airplay, and I supposed it hasn't been played a lot yet.  Streaming seems to be pretty good, it's just the lack of radio airplay as of now.  But it's not even a week yet, so I imagine it will pick on radio.

Madonna is just cursed in the charts period - remember when she sang ghosttown with taylor swift and it still did not chart - makes no sense to me but after 40 years im past caring now - i just want good music and unreleased demos now from her ...

8 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Madonna is just cursed in the charts period - remember when she sang ghosttown with taylor swift and it still did not chart - makes no sense to me but after 40 years im past caring now - i just want good music and unreleased demos now from her ...

I do think this song will have a slow burn effect.  And I don't see Vulgar doing any better.  I'm doubting radio is going to touch that song.  I hope that I'm wrong though.  But since it leaked already, I can't even see the streaming numbers getting as much as The Weeknd had these last few days.  But we'll see what happens.  Like mentioned, we should be happy she's been able to chart in the top 100 the first time in so many years and her first top 50 in eleven.  Baby steps, I guess.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Madonna is having her biggest song in more than a decade and gaining 1M listeners each day on Spotify thanks to this but still some fans seem to be completely focused on wanting her to flop. For what reason? God knows. But she truly can't win with some people, right?

She's not flopping. She's winning. Get over it.

:clapp:

6 minutes ago, DjKingBee said:

Any charting for Madonna is a win !  I’m happy I’m sure we all want top 10 but it’ hasn’t been a full week yet ?!

Not only that, it hasn't even impacted on US radio yet.  That's where most of the weight is coming from the Billboard chart.  For it to chart at #43, is quite impressive for a song that hasn't been played much on US radio, which means the streaming #'s are carrying much of this at the moment. Can you imagine if radio stations started playing this as often as the other songs they rotate?  It would be HUuuuuGE! 

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

Madonna is having her biggest song in more than a decade and gaining 1M listeners each day on Spotify thanks to this but still some fans seem to be completely focused on wanting her to flop. For what reason? God knows. But she truly can't win with some people, right?

She's not flopping. She's winning. Get over it.

Preach! :smke:

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic