Bacterial Infection Thread

deathproof

1 minute ago, nito84bcn said:

More news... apparently, the cause is that she was forcing to the extreme her body and mind: 

https://www.abc.es/cultura/musica/desvelan-motivo-llevado-madonna-ingresada-uci-20230702183242-nt_amp.html

Thanks but actually they don't have any news. They just re-use the same "She over rehearsed for 12 hours a day" gossip that had been posted days ago and just add up a few useless supposed insider info like "some people dared to tell her this is too much"...

9 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

More news... apparently, the cause is that she was forcing to the extreme her body and mind: 

https://www.abc.es/cultura/musica/desvelan-motivo-llevado-madonna-ingresada-uci-20230702183242-nt_amp.html

I know the ABC newspaper well because I am Spanish. Press bought by the right and extreme right. Conservative and misogynist. They simply collect the most sensational information and mix everything with the google translator.

What has been said before also applies to policy articles. 

38 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

When I went to see MX the first time around. I met in the bar her London's physio. He was working with her injury and rehabilitation and he was saying how they insisted on doing the half show every other day, in order for her to rest.

I remember he was saying how stubborn and strong she was. But also that she was smart and really protective of her body and capabilities. She was aware of following professional orders and anything that was the best for her and her career.

Give this woman a break a couple of weeks to feel herself a bit. A bacterial infection really shakes you down really quickly. It's a unknown body inside of your organism, your body shuts everything down in a matter of hours. You need to have antibiotics and monitor the body is clean and functioning . Antibiotics can be 5-7 days but sometimes up to 10 days. And you can't have a proper assessment until you finish the course.

I never understood why they just didn’t do “living room sessions” for the audience, the nights she wasn’t feeling too good or ordered to rest her body. 

they could’ve just set up the Fado Club section of the show and jammed with the band and singers and had the dancers improvise. Her on the guitar and maybe even piano. Or just laying seductively on the piano. ;)

To me that would’ve been something special instead of cutting a third of the show. 

she talked a lot about living room sessions at the time and it would’ve been a great way for her to rest the body but still give the fans some music and again, something special. 

55 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

When I went to see MX the first time around. I met in the bar her London's physio. He was working with her injury and rehabilitation and he was saying how they insisted on doing the half show every other day, in order for her to rest.

I remember he was saying how stubborn and strong she was. But also that she was smart and really protective of her body and capabilities. She was aware of following professional orders and anything that was the best for her and her career.

Give this woman a break a couple of weeks to feel herself a bit. A bacterial infection really shakes you down really quickly. It's a unknown body inside of your organism, your body shuts everything down in a matter of hours. You need to have antibiotics and monitor the body is clean and functioning . Antibiotics can be 5-7 days but sometimes up to 10 days. And you can't have a proper assessment until you finish the course.

Interesting. Nothing she did in those months was what was best for her or her career though. She should have cancelled or postponed all 2020 dates.

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

Did he have a French accent?

54 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Interesting. Nothing she did in those months was what was best for her or her career though. She should have cancelled or postponed all 2020 dates.

That's from your personal point of view. She is a businesswoman and an artist, I'm sure she balanced up what outcomes and ordeals she will have to deal in different scenarios. Make a lots of people redundant , have to pay all refunds etc.

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Also remember that this was just matching with lockdown and the pandemic closing everything down.

Her show in Paris was affected by this and the London almost.

7 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Interesting take on numbers and scenarios coming from a situation like this:

https://www.billboard.com/business/touring/madonna-tour-postponed-cost-reschedule-84-dates-1235365104/

Interesting. Imagine dealing with you health and also having to put up with the pressure of all that.

But it's life and in life s**t happens. Let's see how it all turns out.

19 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Also remember that this was just matching with lockdown and the pandemic closing everything down.

Her show in Paris was affected by this and the London almost.

Huh? The lockdowns only impacted the last 2 Paris dates. All the other cancellations and shortened shows were because of her injuries. The cancellations started in the US. Even the last US date was cut short. And then she cancelled and shortened many shows in Lisbon, London and Paris. All her injuries, zero to do with the pandemic which had not even hit the majority of the world.

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Huh? The lockdowns only impacted the last two Paris dates. All the other cancellations and shortened shows were because of her injuries. The cancellations started in the US. Even the last US date was cut short. And then she cancelled and cancelled shows in Lisbon, London and Paris.

It was all very unfortunate but again, s**t happens. The way she dealt with it was messy and a lottery to the fans (I got to see her in Lisbon but the concert the day after was cancelled with people already queuing outside, a nightmare) but at least the whole "Madame X" era got a proper closure with the recorded shows and then the live movie and album. With the pandemic coming right after and her moving on, it could have been even worse.

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It was all very unfortunate but again, s**t happens. The way she dealt with it was messy and a lottery to the fans (I got to see her in Lisbon but the concert the day after was cancelled with people already queuing outside, a nightmare) but at least the whole "Madame X" era got a proper closure with the recorded shows and then the live movie and album. With the pandemic coming right after and her moving on, it could have been even worse.

Let’s hope this is dealt with differently

3 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I feel so blessed I was the last show where she performed Crave  in Lisbon.
My second show the day after was canceled but at least I experienced the whole concert. 

Off topic but "Crave" was SO NEEDED in that show after that many slow numbers. I felt the show was very unbalanced in that regard.

It got me and literally everyone around me up from our seats.

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Huh? The lockdowns only impacted the last 2 Paris dates. All the other cancellations and shortened shows were because of her injuries. The cancellations started in the US. Even the last US date was cut short. And then she cancelled and shortened many shows in Lisbon, London and Paris. All her injuries, zero to do with the pandemic which had not even hit the majority of the world.

True if she would postponed those shows they will never happened until two years later. Because everything started to shut down

• RUADJAI changed the title to Bacterial Infection Thread
  • Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic