Bacterial Infection Thread

deathproof

I have relatives that don’t visit each other because they are not as young, energetic and healthy to help out other relatives when sick so the younger ones go. That’s an experience that’s normal for many families. Stop trying to to start fights with every other member on this forum with your aggressive, childish and mean posts. You need banned.
Excuse me, but I can only assume you have me confused with another member? I'm not a member who starts fights, I don't even comment often. Nor do I go around intending to get myself banned, nor am I aggressive or childish or mean. I'm not that sort of person, online or offline.

You are the who one who has changed their tone all of a sudden in your reply. I just pointed out how odd your comment was, but in response to this one, not everyone's situation is the same though. You're assuming her other siblings are too old to travel and/or unwell, when we don't know why (if true), Jennifer is the one helping out.

3 hours ago, Ayham said:

About her health/recovery I think we got enough information especially from Rosie, so let her recover privately. ♥️

Please guys we UNDERSTAND the situation, we RESPECT her privacy, we know FAMILY is first, her HEALTH is the foremost important thing, she OWNS us NOTHING, we are LETTING her REST, we are LUCKY to have her with us, we FOUND new and improved appreciation for her  

BUT there are also fans who for the last six or seven months this tour and the chance of seeing her again became their priority, they (we) are frustrated, sad and worried.

There might not be any new to communicate, almost positive that this rearranged tour is being a nightmare to organize, so let’s empathize with fans that are in need of a reassuring positive message instead of trying to give them a lesson in civilized manners all over again in ever post. 

Please don’t turn this into a manicheist discourse 

8 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Please guys we UNDERSTAND the situation, we RESPECT her privacy, we know FAMILY is first, her HEALTH is the foremost important thing, she OWNS us NOTHING, we are LETTING her REST, we are LUCKY to have her with us, we FOUND new and improved appreciation for her  

BUT there are also fans who for the last six or seven months this tour and the chance of seeing her again became their priority, they (we) are frustrated, sad and worried.

There might not be any new to communicate, almost positive that this rearranged tour is being a nightmare to organize, so let’s empathize with fans that are in need of a reassuring positive message instead of trying to give them a lesson in civilized manners all over again in ever post. 

Please don’t turn this into a manicheist discourse 

Well, she / (I would say better: her team, because she's ill right now) owns us money and time to reschedule things or cancelling. 

That doesn't mean that we are not worried about her, but let's not pretend that they don't need to give the public an official explanation of what the f+ck is going on. 

5 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Well, her / (I would say better: her team, because she's ill right now) owns us money and time to reschedule things or cancelling. 

That doesn't mean that we are not worried about her, but let's not pretend that they need to give the public an official explanation of what the f+ck is going on. 

There has already been an official explanation: she’s sick things are postponed, they are not coming back until they have a solution, or at least a definition of which shows are going to be postponed and might define dates for them later on

I found this helpful. 

‘If you suffer from anxiety, you probably have a contentious and complicated relationship with your mind. It feels like your mind tortures you. It gives you all these thoughts about what you should be scared of and horrible things that could happen. It feels like your mind is torturing you. And yet…you worship your mind. 

Your mind is just doing what minds do. Our minds like to warn us about stuff because our minds think they are keeping us safe by doing this.

Your mind would always rather err on the side of giving you a warning than not because it is more likely to keep you safe that way, and your mind cares about that more than anything. 

But just because your mind is doing its job, that doesn't mean the thoughts actually mean anything. Thoughts are just thoughts. 

When you have a thought that your anxiety will never get better, that's just a buzzing sound in your head. Treat it as such: sarcastically say to your mind, "Good one, thanks for that, keep 'em coming!"

Remember, when you treat your mind this way, it doesn't mean your mind will necessarily stop saying things like this. Your mind is going to do what it wants to do; you don't have control over the thoughts that pop into your head.  No one actually does. The important thing is not what thoughts you have, it's what you do when you have those thoughts.

Such thoughts are unworthy of your trust, respect, time, or attention. Instead, get back to whatever you are doing right in front of you in the present moment and put your effort into that. ‘

( I did a bit of editing. Here’s the full article )

https://adaa.org/learn-from-us/from-the-experts/blog-posts/consumer/thoughts-are-just-thoughts

5 hours ago, IconicQueen said:

I'm sure she doesn't need any "caring for" from her sister, she has a whole team that is paid to do that if she needs it. Her sis is probably just there to visit and see how she's doing.

Yes, she has a whole team that is paid, but the other team is her family who loves her and is willing to care for her.

7 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

How can they have rescheduled rehearsals and tour dates already ? That seems impossible.

And who even looks at Madonna.com? It’s all over the news so everybody knows about it unless they live under a rock.

But that's still not an official statement. When Justin Timberlake was postponed a few years back, I got an email with the option for new tickets or a refund. Should be the same case here. Sure, they can say that they're still working through update dates that will be released soon, but this is just poor communication on the part of Ticketmaster and Live Nation at this point. Imagine if someone is flying out to opening night a few days early and only finds out the show is canceled upon arrival in Vancouver and can no longer get their money back. Not everyone is keeping tabs on entertainment news.

The press is brutally sensationalistic. They have managed to put out “updates” for over a week based upon absolutely no facts or new information! I feel there is an underlying sexist slant to the propagation of ideas about Madonna’s health “fragility”, and so while we all remain concerned and cautiously optimistic about the tour, it might be helpful to remember that Patti Smith, Debbie Harry, Diana Ross, Dolly Parton, Grace Jones and Dionne Warwick are all currently touring and are all at least a good ten years older than Madonna. I’m sure they have all known illness and recovery in their long lives. Tina Turner continued to tour with great stamina and athleticism despite her own health issues until she retired at 70. Joni Mitchell returned to the stage after recovering from a brain aneurysm that forced her to relearn how to walk and talk. Lucinda Williams has just released a new album and is on tour after recovering from a stroke. Belinda Carlisle spends at least a few months touring every year, and she is Madonna’s peer. I feel it’s important to point out that it isn’t that uncommon for women to continue touring into their sixties and seventies. I understand that the majority of the singers named are not showgirls in the same sense as Madonna, but I personally wasn’t expecting her to be as physically engaged in her mid-60s as she was ten years ago. There’s a lot of visual power to Madonna’s staging that can extend well beyond jump squats and acrobatics. 

Once again, it’s pure speculation on my part, but perhaps they are simply holding out on making any official announcements based upon how speedy Madonna’s recovery is, and in consideration of the fact that it is a huge holiday weekend here in the US and press announcements are rarely made until after public holidays. 

11 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

in consideration of the fact that it is a huge holiday weekend here in the US and press announcements are rarely made until after public holidays. 

That is a point, thanks :thumbsup:

And I'm sure they really need to check how the healing process progresses before saying anything concrete about the tour, so she went back home about 5 days ago, wich have been an eternity for us but they are not. 

I expect a statement not before the beginning of next week honestly. At the same time, if this should not happen, I confess, I'll be starting to be worried again.

My feeling is that, although she obviously has round the clock, medical care, the Doctor Who could actually update on her diagnosis is probably on vacation until after the fourth like most doctors are. I’m sure after today she will see her real primary doctor and then we will have some confirmation by the end of the week I feel I can go two Ways. She’s either going to start in New York. Or it’s going to be postponed until 2024. Those are just my observations and guesses nothing concrete. I want her better ASAP for her own sake not mine.

57 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

But that's still not an official statement. When Justin Timberlake was postponed a few years back, I got an email with the option for new tickets or a refund. Should be the same case here. Sure, they can say that they're still working through update dates that will be released soon, but this is just poor communication on the part of Ticketmaster and Live Nation at this point. Imagine if someone is flying out to opening night a few days early and only finds out the show is canceled upon arrival in Vancouver and can no longer get their money back. Not everyone is keeping tabs on entertainment 

Opening night is still 10 days away

54 minutes ago, Lucky90210 said:

My feeling is that, although she obviously has round the clock, medical care, the Doctor Who could actually update on her diagnosis is probably on vacation until after the fourth like most doctors are. I’m sure after today she will see her real primary doctor and then we will have some confirmation by the end of the week I feel I can go two Ways. She’s either going to start in New York. Or it’s going to be postponed until 2024. Those are just my observations and guesses nothing concrete. I want her better ASAP for her own sake not mine.

Hmm i believe Madonna has her own devoted doctor who would visit her even if he was on holiday or even by cam.

1 hour ago, Alibaba said:

The press is brutally sensationalistic. They have managed to put out “updates” for over a week based upon absolutely no facts or new information! I feel there is an underlying sexist slant to the propagation of ideas about Madonna’s health “fragility”, and so while we all remain concerned and cautiously optimistic about the tour, it might be helpful to remember that Patti Smith, Debbie Harry, Diana Ross, Dolly Parton, Grace Jones and Dionne Warwick are all currently touring and are all at least a good ten years older than Madonna. I’m sure they have all known illness and recovery in their long lives. Tina Turner continued to tour with great stamina and athleticism despite her own health issues until she retired at 70. Joni Mitchell returned to the stage after recovering from a brain aneurysm that forced her to relearn how to walk and talk. Lucinda Williams has just released a new album and is on tour after recovering from a stroke. Belinda Carlisle spends at least a few months touring every year, and she is Madonna’s peer. I feel it’s important to point out that it isn’t that uncommon for women to continue touring into their sixties and seventies. I understand that the majority of the singers named are not showgirls in the same sense as Madonna, but I personally wasn’t expecting her to be as physically engaged in her mid-60s as she was ten years ago. There’s a lot of visual power to Madonna’s staging that can extend well beyond jump squats and acrobatics. 

Once again, it’s pure speculation on my part, but perhaps they are simply holding out on making any official announcements based upon how speedy Madonna’s recovery is, and in consideration of the fact that it is a huge holiday weekend here in the US and press announcements are rarely made until after public holidays. 

Belinda Carlisle, and Tina Turner didn't have a hunchback like she had at the Maluma's special performance last year, or they didn,'t do an horrible vocal show at Eurovision and autotuned it the next day when everyone was talking of how bad it was. Sorry, but Madonna is showing signs of being fragile alone, without the press, with horrible looks, horrible hair, weird surgeries (is that body dismorphia like the heavy retouched pics of her insta?), the ass etc. 

She looked really clumsy on stage right after the release of Madame X album, it could be because of the hip, but she looked lost and doing weird things for most of the last performances. She improved on the FEL pride release last year thought, that spark was there again. 

As much as I love her, this is obvious and all of us commented here that everytime that a performance or a show appareance was programmed, we were suffering more than enjoying it. 

Something is off since 2019. And when she announced the tour a lot of us were happy but at the same time couldn't believe that she was going to manage it. And here we are. This is the top problem of years of bad decisions and trying to bury our heads in the sand. 

Let's not pretend that everything was sun and flowers, because we were worried for years before this happened. 

I know but I’m talking about ticket holders. Don’t you think the vast majority of them will know by now? Even if they get an email from ticketmaster , what about the 2% who’s email went to spam? Should we worry for them too?

Sure, I would expect most who bought tickets should know by now.  But nothing officially has been stated yet about what's actually being rescheduled and like you've said in another post, it takes time to do this. 

I wonder if it’s because they want to keep tickets on sale. If they postpone it without offering a new date then they have to take it off sale, then people can’t buy tickets for that city. Yes it’s awful but no surprise.

I don’t agree we should blame her team or say they’re unprofessional. This is ticketmaster/live nation, the biggest touring company in the world doing this. Madonna’s team have let everyone know shows are being postponed and that more info is coming.

I'm sure there is a logical strategy to what is going on that some of us may not really understand.  To me, I would think they shouldn't be selling tickets to at least the July shows at this point.  But I also understand they probably don't want to just stop selling the tickets, without a rescheduled date as those who bought tickets will demand their money back.  I'm sure they rather wait to have rescheduled dates and then just make one huge statement. 

Anyway, with a little patience and time, it will all be worked out. 

37 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Belinda Carlisle, and Tina Turner didn't have a hunchback like she had at the Maluma's special performance last year, or they didn,'t do an horrible vocal show at Eurovision and autotuned it the next day when everyone was talking of how bad it was. Sorry, but Madonna is showing signs of being fragile alone, without the press, with horrible looks, horrible hair, weird surgeries (is that body dismorphia like the heavy retouched pics of her insta?), the ass etc. 

She looked really clumsy on stage right after the release of Madame X album, it could be because of the hip, but she looked lost and doing weird things for most of the last performances. She improved on the FEL pride release last year thought, that spark was there again. 

As much as I love her, this is obvious and all of us commented here that everytime that a performance or a show appareance was programmed, we were suffering more than enjoying it. 

Something is off since 2019. And when she announced the tour a lot of us were happy but at the same time couldn't believe that she was going to manage it. And here we are. This is the top problem of years of bad decisions and trying to bury our heads in the sand. 

Let's not pretend that everything was sun and flowers, because we were worried for years before this happened. 

And you still bought tickets for this shit show???

• RUADJAI changed the title to Bacterial Infection Thread
  • Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic