Bacterial Infection Thread

deathproof

3 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

I cant imagine what M is going through. I feel for her. Honestly. Yes as fans we deserve some form of transparency -- however I'm sure M feels incredible guilt about all of this. Wish her all the best. I hope the press calms the f down. 

I agree - it would be heartbreaking- something you sacrificed so much for.

But - it’s not forever - indications are she’s on the mend or will be ok - and I hope she’s holding on to that :)

We should give Guy a rest, it’s a difficult situation. You all act like she has to cancel an award performance. Guy adressed the tour from the beginning and still there are people here expecting opening night to happen when he clearly said it’s not and other shows are going to be postponed.

He/Live Nation are probably going to say something this week. 

Just now, cosmic_system said:

We should give Guy a rest, it’s a difficult situation. You all act like she has to cancel an award performance. Guy adressed the tour from the beginning and still there are people here expecting opening night to happen when he clearly said it’s not and other shows are going to be postponed.

I agree 👏👏👏

8 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Also for those saying she “Overdosed”, Narcan can be administered for Septic shock which is what she had. 

Let's hope it wasn't that - just read that 50 per cent of septic shock survivors have post septic shock long term health issues.

https://www.sepsis.org/sepsisand/septic-shock/#:~:text=Recovering from septic shock can,can be mild or severe.

4 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

This is his job lol. He should be squashing all these tabloids and be open about the ramifications of the tour postponement. He solely isn’t rebooking every date, nor does anyone need to know a new date. It’s irresponsible to not communicate how much of a postponement the tour will suffer. I’m sure most don’t even care about that right now, it’d just be nice to get some kind of official update from him on how she is. 

3 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Let's hope it wasn't that - just read that 50 per cent of septic shock survivors have post septic shock long term health issues.

https://www.sepsis.org/sepsisand/septic-shock/#:~:text=Recovering from septic shock can,can be mild or severe.

Wait I thought it was confirmed she had sepsis and suffered a septic shock?

Just now, cosmic_system said:

I agree.  It's only been a little over a week since his original statement.  He said all commitments are on "pause".  We unfortunately have to assume the worst and think the tour isn't happening anytime soon. Those who know how difficult to reschedule things, know this takes time.  Also, he himself and her doctors may be unsure when she will be well enough to start again.  It's possible since they still had a couple of weeks before the first show, before diving in and changing everything.  This is a daunting task especially when there is an unknown certainty when she will be able to take the stage again.  So much money wrapped up in it, and so close to show time, they have to be careful with how they approach this. 

It's a good sign to see that a couple venues have removed or shown postponements.  Hopefully, the rest will follow. This would be the time to start at least letting the public know which dates will definitely be postponed beyond the opening date. 

Just now, Shoful said:

Wait I thought it was confirmed she had sepsis and suffered a septic shock?

No, just surmising - the only thing that was confirmed is she had a severe bacterial infection - no one knows what, but it could have been septic shock - could have been anything - but probably sepsis :/ 

6 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I am not a doctor, but can you be on the streets of NY one day talking to someone and have a septic shock the day after? Shouldn't someone be already quite sick to get to that stage?

• RUADJAI changed the title to Bacterial Infection Thread
  • Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic