Bacterial Infection Thread

deathproof

5 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Way better than reposting like some accounts the trash from Radar Online! 

Totally agree.  I guess some just need to take a step back and not take everything someone posts as some sign of what's to come. I think we all know fan sites cannot be necessarily relied on for official info, and I would think in this case, no fan site is going to obtain personal updates on her health, nor will they be privy to official info regarding the tour, until it's actually gone official.  Doesn't mean they might not get a heads up about something going live though. But at this time, I'm not believing anything unless it comes from Madonna, her management and of course Ticketmaster and LiveNation for tour info.

7 hours ago, gjhvs said:

Matthew Rettenmund (very reliable!) said tomorrow on his Facebook yesterday... it's already been hours 'tomorrow'... where is the announcement? What USA time do they normally publish important news etc? 

He deleted the “Tomorrow” Facebook post. 

I want a complete recovery for Madonna, but she and her team are everytime the works on tour issues. 

I think we had seen everything with the 'two hours before show cancellation' on Madame X tour (I can't believe they didn't know the show would be canceled till hours before), and the 2 hours of delaying every night.

But this time is worst... 1 week and people wjo will go to Vancouver show don't know what will happen officially.

I miss a great tour troupe.

11 minutes ago, kingvirtue said:

He deleted the “Tomorrow” Facebook post. 

That was such a move on his part. He has full knowledge of what’s happening with the fans, he’s a well known guy in the Madonna community, all his responses were Madonna related only when he saw the implications of his comment. Went saying I’m innocent ffs

I do like him, he seems nice, we all have shity moments 

9 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

Glad the site is back up. I thought I got banned for something or the site was closed temporarily for 'bad' behavior

The other Madonna forums aren't this fun or active

It’s weird - might be my web host - just goes down randomly now and then - I woke to a message but it was up and running 

1 hour ago, Pedro Beltran said:

That was such a move on his part. He has full knowledge of what’s happening with the fans, he’s a well known guy in the Madonna community, all his responses were Madonna related only when he saw the implications of his comment. Went saying I’m innocent ffs

I do like him, he seems nice, we all have shity moments 

I just wanted to log in and say that when he typed "tomorow" yesterday we ALL assumed it meant today was the day we would get some news. So yeah anything other than that is revision Lol

17 minutes ago, Humanfly said:

I just wanted to log in and say that when he typed "tomorow" yesterday we ALL assumed it meant today was the day we would get some news. So yeah anything other than that is revision Lol

It’s not revisionism if he never stated ‘Madonna: Tomorrow’.

I would be lying if I didn’t think he was talking about some sort of Madonna news when he posted that, but we have to be fair. He never mentioned Madonna in his post.

28 minutes ago, Humanfly said:

No, the "tomorrow" was in reference of something personally he wanted to announce on his personal FB page.  When he realize people misstook his post for info about Madonna, he removed the post and explained it was something he wanted to share of himself. He further stated and I quote:

I posted something about me on my FB page with no allusions to Madonna. I'd understand if I posted this on my Madonna-themed IG, but this one guy really ran with it, put words in my mouth, then got mad at me. I don't get it. I know people are on edge, but it was strange.

Those who assumed Matthew would have intel on personal health or tour updates on Madonna, are the problem here, not what he posted on his own personal FB page. Unfortunately, as I stated in an earlier post, some fans tend to think anyone who has any sort of tie to Madonna, must be speaking of her when it has nothing to do with her. Again, it was his personal FB page he posted "Tomorrow", not his Madonna related social media accounts.  He didn't even mention Madonna in his "Tomorrow" post. 

5 minutes ago, tscott said:

No, the "tomorrow" was in reference of something personally he wanted to announce on his personal FB page.  When he realize people misstook his post for info about Madonna, he removed the post and explained it was something he wanted to share of himself. He further stated and I quote:

Those who assumed Matthew would have intel on personal health or tour updates on Madonna, are the problem here, not what he posted on his own personal FB page. Unfortunately, as I stated in an earlier post, some fans tend to think anyone who has any sort of tie to Madonna, must be speaking of her when it has nothing to do with her. Again, it was his personal FB page he posted "Tomorrow", not his Madonna related social media accounts. 

Yes and no, yes because people assumed something, but he let the people run with the assumption for more than half a day with answers related to Madonna and a ton of gifs

I know you mean well but your posts many times read as you are explaining people everything, neither you have all the answers or know everything

We are not the problem here, as you mentioned, carried away yes but never a problem

Personal and professional accounts and personas lines are getting thinner as we speak. 

13 minutes ago, LUKESAVANT said:

Here's the thing... or rather some advice

as everyone is extremely trigger sensitive about ANY word of the tour, Madonna's health, tickets/travel, etc., and clearly there is no knowledge of when to expect any info/update, why doesn't everyone find a TV show to get caught up on, or read a book, or go outside and play.

There is too much inference, assuming, speculating, gossiping, etc.  Its a true test of learning to be present with oneself when you have zero control to rectify something.   Matthew didn't deserve any backlash. But that is level of this crazy frenzy at the moment.  Constant threatening of Guy O online, none of this is going to bring about a meaning result or response.  

Everyone needs to breath, think before you post, and chill.

But no one here is backlashing him. He’s a communication expert. He miscommunicated at the wrong time and that’s it. No more than that. Maybe he’s getting a backlash in fb but I truly can’t tell. 

11 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Yes and no, yes because people assumed something, but he let the people run with the assumption for more than half a day with answers related to Madonna and a ton of gifs

I know you mean well but your posts many times read as you are explaining people everything, neither you have all the answers or know everything

We are not the problem here, as you mentioned, carried away yes but never a problem

Personal and professional accounts and personas lines are getting thinner as we speak. 

So are you always glued to your social media, to see if people misinterpret what you post?  A half of day really?  Hardly a "long time"! Besides, it's his personal page and he has never claimed to be an "official news source" for Madonna. There's no "re-explaining" on my part. People are completely assuming and twisting his intention to fit their narrative. 

Anyway, the point is, he posted it on his PERSONAL FB account.  He made no mention of Madonna in the "Tomorrow" post, yet still removed it, and addressed it with a follow up post, to clear any misconception. 

The point is nobody gives a rat ass about this guy… I said it before and I say it again he made a communication mistake, he misread his audience, and that’s OK. He can live we can live, personal account my ass we can move on 

What I don’t get is why people are so afraid to admit they are doing a terrible job. BESIDES MADONNAS HEALTH, WE LOVE MADONNA, WE WANT HER HEALTHY FIRST. But they are handling this crisis like they have no idea of how to do so, but they run million dollar business so they can hire someone who does. They took 1.2 million fans money in a minute but they haven’t produced a satisfactory press release that can keep people calm, for more than a week  

Why people are loosing their shit? because of the uncertainty. If they cancel the whole tour, or a leg or a city so be it. But do it already. Let the people move on and start thinking of their next steps. In the times on immediately more than a week is an eternity. 

37 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Thank you!

30 minutes ago, SuperBicycle said:

Good morning! Woke up Saturday morning, I guess no announcement…. Oh well cancelled my flights, was running into the deadline. What a mess. 

Feel so much happier and relaxed now, I didn’t realise how much stress this was giving me.

I’m so sorry to hear that @SuperBicycle we all know the joy that a Madonna concert means to us

That's the release people are waiting for

its like when they are going to end the relationship, fail you at school or fire you, you just want it to know it is going to happen or not so I can move on. 

About a week b4 all this went down I started looking at tour tickets. Sooooo close to buying one, I mean spending like $1500  (MX Tour spoiled me, I have to see her super close now). Thank God I didn't bc quite frankly I'd be pretty annoyed and stressed. I can't imagine being neck-deep in for hotel and airfare too. For 30+ years I've always just driven downtown to the arena and bought a ticket day of show. I sure hope she gets better, I'd love to see her one more time. But as far as buying a ticket ahead of time and then having to deal with all the hassle of phone calls and large ticket outlets, dot com this and that websites, or diva management who "don't owe me an explanation bc she comes first,"  no thank you mam. Her health is important and I'm worried about her but girlfriend's tickets are too expensive to be cool about it. I really feel for some of the ppl sharing stories here.

1 hour ago, LUKESAVANT said:

Here's the thing... or rather some advice

as everyone is extremely trigger sensitive about ANY word of the tour, Madonna's health, tickets/travel, etc., and clearly there is no knowledge of when to expect any info/update, why doesn't everyone find a TV show to get caught up on, or read a book, or go outside and play.

There is too much inference, assuming, speculating, gossiping, etc.  Its a true test of learning to be present with oneself when you have zero control to rectify something.   Matthew didn't deserve any backlash. But that is level of this crazy frenzy at the moment.  Constant threatening of Guy O online, none of this is going to bring about a meaning result or response.  

Everyone needs to breath, think before you post, and chill.

Great advice. Its not been that long, let her recover in privacy and realize its a fucking logistical nightmare for management to reschedule a tour

That guy does not owe Madonna fans anything. He’s just a fan like everyone else who apparently happens to have inside connections. He was sharing info and then the info probably changed. He doesn’t need to be hung drawn and quartered over it, he doesn’t work for them, the main problem is them. Fight the real enemy.

6 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

That guy does not owe Madonna fans anything. He’s just a fan like everyone else who apparently happens to have inside connections. He was sharing info and then the info probably changed. He doesn’t need to be hung drawn and quartered over it, he doesn’t work for them, the main problem is them. Fight the real enemy.

Who's the real enemy?

• RUADJAI changed the title to Bacterial Infection Thread
  • Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic