Which Madonna Compilation do you listen to most?

Donna

Which Madonna Compilation do you listen to most?   

60 members voted

1. 1. Which Madonna Compilation do you listen to most?

• You Can Dance
    • Immaculate Collection
    • Something To Remember
    • GHV2
    • Celebration
    • Finally Enough Love 50 Number Ones

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

Something to remember is flawless and fits my melanchonic mood perfectly!

It’s just amazing. I remember putting it on all the time after it came out and just laying back and chilling out.

I Want You is absolutely amazing. How I wish she’d done more music with Massive Attack.

Something to Remember is brilliant. It has great songs, and all of them fit so well in this compilation. It hasn't got the "greatest hits", but that's what makes this album perfect.

I also play a lot Celebration (Deluxe), all the tracks are her "best" (while I would like to have also some less popular songs that I miss here). But it's not comparable to STR, i love this compilation.

The only one I can listen to is Immaculatebecause the sound is more consistent. I don't like GHV2 because of the edits; I'm not used to them, and since I usually sing along, I make lots of mistakes, especially in Human Nature :lol: As for Celebration, I don't feel comfortable transitioning from Vogue to 4 Minutes to Holiday. If the singles were organized chronologically, I would probably listen to it more often, but I love the tracks Celebration and Revolver.

STR is the same as Celebration to me; I love all the tracks, but I can't listen to the album because of the sequencing.

I might listen to YCD sometimes because I love Spotlight, which, by the way, has always been one of my dreams to see performed live.

21 minutes ago, kineticsolace said:

I might be in the minority, but I absolutely love when compilations are "jumbled". If I want album versions and release order - I grab the albums. I wish Celebration didn't have the glitches in audio it does but I tend to play that followed by FEL (when I want mixes)

Agree 

I can't say that I've listen to any of her compilations lately, on a regular basis in it's entirety, with the exception of FEL, but that's mainly because it's new.  If I was to say which compilation I tend to select songs from the most, it's probably Celebration, being that is one compilation that pretty much includes all her big hits.  Since getting the Vinyl, I have played Something To Remember a little more often than I used to. 

To be honest, I don't listen to complications that much.. From any artist. I am rather original-albums-type-of-guy

But The Immaculate Collection is iconic as is. And has a special place in my heart since I've got into Madonna quite late in 2000 due to my age and when I decided to discover her earlier work I immediately went to listen to IC to simply understand what are her most iconic tracks + it includes Justify My Love and Rescue Me, so no doubt about the perfectionism of that complication. 

The rest of complications (GHV2, Celebration, You Can Dance), I find quite redundant and I never really listen to. I collect them, well, just for collecting purposes, but they really don't do anything to me musically or artistically. 

Something to Remember, I consider some kind of concept album in my internal world. I always have seen it as perfect infusion of partially new album (tracks never included on any other Madonna solo album) and partially ballad compilation. And I love it!

However, I voted for FEL, it's literally flawless remix complication mapping her whole career as dance artist (talking about 3cds/6vinyls version) , and I really love the choice of almost all remixes (exception being 4 minutes and Give it 2 Me). I am glad she didn't simplu decide to release another greatest hits album before the tour as she easily could, but really put some effort into this (+ I absolutely love rainbow vinyl edition!).