The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

1 hour ago, Debord said:

This is so weird to me - you loved it when you actually watched it, but then watching rubbish clips back you don't like it? Isn't your response when it was actually happening in front of you what really matters?

When I heard the first notes of Rain, I felt like crying and was emotional throughout the performance. But it could have been accompanied by a five-year-old on a toy piano and it would have been the same, Rain means a lot to me.
Also, couldn't help but sometimes hum a bit, hitting those Nikki and Donna harmonies, lol 

And then it ended, and I was like, "wait wtf, just before the bridge?" and was kinda bummed out. And I was like, "seriously? No harmonies and she ditched that amazing bridge?"

Watching it again, for real, it was kinda flat. She totally brought it down a notch.
The next stop I'll watch will be in Lisbon, we'll see how my opinion evolves. Didn’t binge on too many vids because I don't want everything too clear in my memory, I wanna keep it fresh to me.

Edited by FraP (see edit history)

1 hour ago, dankpepe said:

I agree with others regarding Rain, it kills the vibe. It's a dull, flat performance with no theatrics or memorable moments and kills the high energy right after Ray of Light. Since she's probably not going to redo the musical arrangement on this one or add pyrotechnics to amp it up (wouldn't it be cool if it was raining pyro on stage before the big bridge moment?), I would replace this with something more memorable.

Regarding the MJ tribute interlude, I think the point of this interlude is to represent the King and Queen of Pop. Since this setlist chronicles Madonna's career in order, the final segment is meant to say she's now the Queen. In royalty, when the King dies, the Queen takes the reigns. Plus, the silhouettes are meant to say that we don't even need to show Michael or Madonna or name them for them to be recognized because they're so iconic now, unlike the opening where she drops her name and won't even get on the list to get in the club.

I think so many snnipets is not a good thing. Mostly when you are entering into a mood you suddenly have to change to another without quite arriving anywhere. But there are so many amazing things too, i want to focus on that amazing voice she is having on this tour.

Chilee if i was the creative director, I would definitely give y’all what y’all wanted. No runaways and all those screens blocking everybody's view. Just a normal stage. A live band, bring back donna and nikki. Chilee I wouldn’t allow her to work with a stylist, everything would come directly from jean paul, let him be the head of fashion even though he ain’t working no more. I would bring back sharon for hair and bring back joan to beat that face. What else…? I would give y’all a dream setlist with surprises each show with full songs in its original form. No remixes or that other short shit. Chile i would give y’all a tourbook with unreleased pictures only. Y’all would gag. Tiffany Pollard Eating GIF

1 hour ago, Mden said:

I have a few criticisms of which one I’ll share. The dancer who exposes his a..h...  -if the intention was to inspire pity then he has mine. 

From the clips I’ve seen I think it’s a wonderful show. Bravo Madonna. :handsy:

Please stop writing essays about her ass. 

A dancer exposes his asshole?

9 minutes ago, broujeorbit said:

Chilee if i was the creative director, I would definitely give y’all what y’all wanted. No runaways and all those screens blocking everybody's view. Just a normal stage. A live band, bring back donna and nikki. Chilee I wouldn’t allow her to work with a stylist, everything would come directly from jean paul, let him be the head of fashion even though he ain’t working no more. I would bring back sharon for hair and bring back joan to beat that face. What else…? I would give y’all a dream setlist with surprises each show with full songs in its original form. No remixes or that other short shit. Chile i would give y’all a tourbook with unreleased pictures only. Y’all would gag. Tiffany Pollard Eating GIF

That just sounds like "I would have her do Blond Ambition again".

The screens are amazing, one of the best things about the show.

7 minutes ago, Debord said:

That just sounds like "I would have her do Blond Ambition again".

The screens are amazing, one of the best things about the show.

Don’t nobody give a fawk about no blond ambition boy. The people I mentioned worked with her for a long time and they made her work iconic. 

Y’all always hatin. Dafuk?!

2 hours ago, Debord said:

It even says on the O2 website! You should've asked to speak to her boss, she was definitely being officious. https://help.theo2.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/202335502-Can-I-bring-a-camera-to-the-event-

Would most likely had been the right thing to do... but we just got a good laugh out of it.. especially of the fact that she so clearly was getting us mixed up.. when my husband is about 20 cm taller than me and weight about 30 kg more ;) These days I do not bother with cameras... pictures always end up horrible and take to much attention... better to focus on the concert and the internet is filled with pictures and videos anyway...

5 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

Ok i will adress the BUTT once and for all. I didn't intend to talk about it because the tour is absolutely amazing (One of the best for me) but since the butt matter pops up again and again i will explain and i hope it's helpful for anyone who intend to talk about it again during the tour :

- Butt implants have been removed since bacterial infection. It's obvious as we've seen her on many occasion with her natural size butt since then. 

- Opening night of Celebration tour : Full show with her natural butt BUT black panties with big padding for the final "Bitch i'm Madonna" (fits the musical genre and fits the Minaj imagery). 

- Second show (15th) : Black panties with padding now during many numbers. Difference Pretty visible with the black Gaultier bustier which now can't be closed properly at the bottom. Also very visible (you could see the shape of the padding) with the red babydoll nightdress. 

-3rd show (Yesterday night the 17th) : Padding panties with the black Gaultier bustier but not with the red nightdress from the few videos i've seen. She probably noticed it was too visible with that outfil and she is right.

So, we now know she has a padding panties and she wears it for the final and also now for some songs of the show. Depends from night to night. Compare the videos and pics of the opening night with the following nights and you'll easily see what i've explained.

Case closed ?

Back to amazing Celebration Tour !!!!

Did she also have her breast implant removed? Her breast doesn't seem to be as big as before in Lola's birthday party. 

6 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

Ok i will adress the BUTT once and for all. I didn't intend to talk about it because the tour is absolutely amazing (One of the best for me) but since the butt matter pops up again and again i will explain and i hope it's helpful for anyone who intend to talk about it again during the tour :

- Butt implants have been removed since bacterial infection. It's obvious as we've seen her on many occasion with her natural size butt since then. 

- Opening night of Celebration tour : Full show with her natural butt BUT black panties with big padding for the final "Bitch i'm Madonna" (fits the musical genre and fits the Minaj imagery). 

- Second show (15th) : Black panties with padding now during many numbers. Difference Pretty visible with the black Gaultier bustier which now can't be closed properly at the bottom. Also very visible (you could see the shape of the padding) with the red babydoll nightdress. 

-3rd show (Yesterday night the 17th) : Padding panties with the black Gaultier bustier but not with the red nightdress from the few videos i've seen. She probably noticed it was too visible with that outfil and she is right.

So, we now know she has a padding panties and she wears it for the final and also now for some songs of the show. Depends from night to night. Compare the videos and pics of the opening night with the following nights and you'll easily see what i've explained.

Case closed ?

Back to amazing Celebration Tour !!!!

Thank you, the butt haters were still being loud and annoying saying iTs sTiLL tHeRE when it's clearly not, it's been so obvious since post health scare and even on stage. all her outfits were made before the removal so it makes sense she's wearing push-ups to fill em up lol

On 10/18/2023 at 1:01 AM, eXtremeOccident said:

Okay, but this could very well be the last time she ever tours and is meant to be a comprehensive career retrospective…so sorry that some of us are objective and can see parts of the show clearly aren’t landing well with the general audience and would like to see her end her touring career with a crowning gem of a show?

No one is saying we aren’t grateful she’s doing a show, but I hate this weak defense suggesting her being well and alive and her delivering a banger greatest hits tour with a flawless narrative is somehow mutually exclusive. Not at all…she can do both.

I hated seeing confused faces after the lights went up. I hated hearing people on the tube say they didn’t like it. I hated hearing my dad say he’d been waiting to see M for years but would only give it a 7 out of 10 and that he thought the pacing got really strange in the middle of the show.

I know it’s only personal anecdotal evidence, but she could make the show much better with what already exists…it’s not like many of us are saying the song choices or production suck, just that some of the execution is off.

Which, as an aside, made me finally realize what has been frustrating as a fan for the last decade or so…she consistently has AMAZING ideas, tour included…but it’s like she can’t quite get there with execution of them. She comes across half committed to them nowadays. Madame X and her personas and the many clips filmed, the Madame X Tour, this tour, the Rebel Heart album and tour…Madonna the amazing artist continues to be live and well, but it feels like the creative direction is lacking in parts. That’s where my personal frustration with this tour arises from…it’s just that it’s so obvious how incredible this show could be but it just doesn’t quite get there in the end, and she deserves better if this is it.

Wow, this is interesting for me.

It's the first time I hardly understand why people is not satisfied about her. I'm not criticizing, I want to specify it, at all. I'm usually very critical myself, I have to say. I found quite cold and not that interesting the much acclaimed MDNA tour and much much much worse the tragic Sticky and sweet experience.

There are some flaws here too, of course. Yes, maybe some performances could have been shorter, like the Holiday raw intro, The beast within and Billie Jean/Like a virgin - wich is nice though and it opens the finale, making a point about the pure iconicity of M character, image and spirit of decades of pop, just as MJ, Burning up could have been substituted by a rock reinvention of some other old hit, La isla and Rain are weaker than what they could have been, especially Rain - but some theatrics addition could still be made - and, after the first two parts, the show is much less explanatory, so one really has to know her story to understand what she's saying. At the same time these points are a few for me in comparison to the sophisticated and selfconscious tale she presents. 

I think this show brilliantly represents the essence of Madonna's story: the light and fun disco girl who quite soon becomes commited and participating about cultural and social issues, arriving to challenge the common morality and not begging pardon for this, finding a complete balance and strenght in her family, standing still on her positions and going on expressing her point of view about politics and society. I mean, her themes are all there (the AIDS plague, the Catholic morality percieved as oppressive, sex freedom, the support for the LGBTQI+ community, her mother loss, her family, the discovery of a new kind of priorities - this is maybe the only point wich suffers a little opacity, the ageism). Her looks and most famous dance steps are all in (the OYH chair, the vogueing, the HU disco routine, the DTM folk dance, the hands oriental Frozen moves). And she performs giving in personality and in a very spectacular mise en scene what she can't give in athletics anymore.

20 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Okay, but this could very well be the last time she ever tours and is meant to be a comprehensive career retrospective…so sorry that some of us are objective and can see parts of the show clearly aren’t landing well with the general audience and would like to see her end her touring career with a crowning gem of a show?

No one is saying we aren’t grateful she’s doing a show, but I hate this weak defense suggesting her being well and alive and her delivering a banger greatest hits tour with a flawless narrative is somehow mutually exclusive. Not at all…she can do both.

I hated seeing confused faces after the lights went up. I hated hearing people on the tube say they didn’t like it. I hated hearing my dad say he’d been waiting to see M for years but would only give it a 7 out of 10 and that he thought the pacing got really strange in the middle of the show.

I know it’s only personal anecdotal evidence, but she could make the show much better with what already exists…it’s not like many of us are saying the song choices or production suck, just that some of the execution is off.

Which, as an aside, made me finally realize what has been frustrating as a fan for the last decade or so…she consistently has AMAZING ideas, tour included…but it’s like she can’t quite get there with execution of them. She comes across half committed to them nowadays. Madame X and her personas and the many clips filmed, the Madame X Tour, this tour, the Rebel Heart album and tour…Madonna the amazing artist continues to be live and well, but it feels like the creative direction is lacking in parts. That’s where my personal frustration with this tour arises from…it’s just that it’s so obvious how incredible this show could be but it just doesn’t quite get there in the end, and she deserves better if this is it.

What's the point of going to a show by who is presumably your favourite artist and worrying about what folk who haven't paid attention to her in years, many of whom will 100% be absolutely vicious about her when it suits, are thinking? The show is overwhelmingly for her fans with some concessions to a more general audience. And I don't like that folk keep pushing this idea that there was mass disappointment in the arena - my non-Madonna loon friend who I went with said it was one of the best concerts he'd ever seen and I heard folk talking about how amazing it was on my way out/home. My Insta is absolutely rammed with folk whom I know aren't hardcore fans talking about how it was one of the greatest shows they've ever seen, cos most folk haven't seen a pop concert like it.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)