The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

8 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Love how she doesn’t have the grillz meanwhile we never saw her without them and some assumed she had teeth problems lmfao

What do you mean? 

I think she just wears the grills at specific times and it has nothing to do with teeth issues. I think she knows they are a bit of a hindrance to wear during the tour performances. I know she wore them during a couple live performances (BIM on Jimmy Fallon) in the past, but I don't recall she ever wore them when performing on any tour.

28 minutes ago, Winn said:

I miss there not being a show tonight :cry:

Same here, but she deserves her rest.  She's still performing on a pretty intense schedule.  I rather her to have a few days rest between performances.  Anyone at any age can easily get exhausted or risk harming themselves by performing consecutive dates in a week. :)

6 hours ago, Anapausis said:

@Honey LittleI guess this answers why I am being the most silent about commenting on Celebration Tour, I could give some answer to him in the vein of what Roland Barthes did (ofc trying a different approach since I stan Kylie and as much as I respect M, I respect her too), I guess the level of talking we are taking here doesn't allow me to express myself, as I told you, I left socials for a reason. There's a way to express, the choice of words, and, most of all, the compromise with being direct and elegant. Calling M an "elderly woman," despite not being a complete lie, is something a M stan would never use as an argument for anything. There's something called RESPECT. Sometimes it's better to keep the motherfvcker shut up than say something only to worsen the debate. There was a time I was engaged to savagery, but time has only proven me how wrong I was. Sorry confideinmenow, but everyone can do better, I know you weren't insultating M in your heart but there are better ways to say something to current M is flawed. Especially because her stamina and willpower are still intact, no matter how much she ages. You all can call me pedantist or illuded, but I don't see any "elderly woman" doing what M's doing on this tour. This situation only emphasizes M's own quote displayed on I Don't Search I Find, "to age is a sin."

Btw, to answer DiegoLCL's words as they follow,

My only personal complaint about anything on this tour was to her choosing doing a cover, rather than using her selfpenned song, "You'll See," to express her driven desire to keep being alive for her children. But I also understand "I Will Survive" is a natural motto to this mindset as "Imagine" or "La vie en rose" to M's purposes for the tours these covers appeared. No matter if Shirley Bassey or Susan Boyle covered You'll See, I Will Survive will remain forever the anthem that it is. Actually now I praise M for recognizing once again the crucial importance of disco music in her input. Gloria Gaynor always deserves her flowers here and there, she's a sweetheart in many levels.

Other than that, no complaining from me. Even have applauded her choice of using The Beast Within the way it features on tour, while I was sort of crucified here for defending such an important song (more than a mere remix, a song in its full right to be one) to M herself and such a politic testament that since 96 CE has come to make people think about the danger of idolizing evil things, more than simply putting fear to naive Christians, these words from a time where the governant was dictating who should keep living and who should not based in his own tastes and ideas find echo to this date and forever will do while there's exploitation of the humanity by a small group of people.

Again, to me to be a M stan is not merely to love looks or anything external, but essentially the message she has always delivered. Angels = messengers, by ethymology, so the Good comes with the communication.

But she is elderly. Madonna is technically a senior citizen. If you have a problem with the use of both of those terms it can only mean you have a negative association with a person being old. Being elderly isn’t a bad thing. It doesn’t take any value or humanity away, it adds it. It’s a good thing and it’s said with love and grace! 

13 minutes ago, konfideinmenow said:

But she is elderly. Madonna is technically a senior citizen. If you have a problem with the use of both of those terms it can only mean you have a negative association with a person being old. Being elderly isn’t a bad thing. It doesn’t take any value or humanity away, it adds it. It’s a good thing and it’s said with love and grace! 

I agree with everything you say, but there are some (even in this community) who use her age as a way to troll or degrade her. Some use the term "elderly" to minimize her accomplishments or try to make her lesser of a human being.  They want to use those terms to demean her purposely and make her incapable of being the star she once was, yet still is.

And while I agree, Madonna cannot compete with her younger self, she still defies what an average 65 year old can do.  In fact, most 40 or 30 year olds can't keep up with the stamina of the current Madonna.  And we should be respectful of the fact, that Madonna no matter what the last few years been like, she's managed to rebound physically on this tour.  To expect her to perform like she did even ten years ago is being unrealistic. But again, a lot of what she does currently on tour, many 40 or 30 year old still can't do, on a weekly basis.  :)

From this interview 

https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/stuart-price-madonna-2023-celebration-tour-interview-1235449185/?fbclid=IwAR1KX_pHWq9WV3hh7eHrKEEintBVaRlR5GCQ9XenjuT7X_7VvIqhM2yv3Fk_aem_AW1UpAUPorqLy5NyEz7ka6AiWHxBxHTo5wYf3NF--JIgYYp10YL_g_JHCvZq_dQ3iDs

Is it possible you and Madonna could be working on new music?

You measure a working relationship not by the gaps between but by how easily you pick up again from when you left off. As soon as we started to work together on this tour, the shorthand was there. We were able to create productively. The key component of working together is “do you understand each other?” And musically, are you able to challenge as well? That’s how you get the 1 + 1 = 3 outcome. So, I’ve really enjoyed working together again. [laughs]

Can we expect setlist changes or surprises as the tour rolls on?

I think… Madonna’s reputation is for always having a highly rehearsed, highly choreographed show and she provides the element of dynamicism with her interactions. But at the same time, her mind keeps evolving and reaching further. And it’s common on her tours to start to perform to audiences, feel what works and where there’s an opening to do something new. It would be foolish to not take opportunities to act on inspiration. It’s a long tour. Right now, what audiences are seeing is the pure form rehearsal version of the show, and as it goes on, there will be an evolution.

🔥🔥🔥

👀👀👀

On 10/20/2023 at 4:34 AM, NothingReallyMatters said:

I wonder if we'll get to hear Oh Father, Sorry, and Hold Tight in the future 

It seems we won't. All the insiders agree on the fact that those tracks were cut out because they did not serve the show in M's opinion so it's hard to think she will get them back.

Maybe we will have Frozen instead of Rain, wich won't make me happy at all, since Rain is in my M's top three and especially if the performance is gonna be the same (cape, wind, singing). That point would just need some theatrics, of course the hit would be having some rain from the ceiling at the end :kiss2:

Anyway for those who thought that ReInvention was not a hits show, in this one the real huge hits are 15, in ReInvention they were 14. I mean ...

11 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

From this interview 

https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/stuart-price-madonna-2023-celebration-tour-interview-1235449185/?fbclid=IwAR1KX_pHWq9WV3hh7eHrKEEintBVaRlR5GCQ9XenjuT7X_7VvIqhM2yv3Fk_aem_AW1UpAUPorqLy5NyEz7ka6AiWHxBxHTo5wYf3NF--JIgYYp10YL_g_JHCvZq_dQ3iDs

You measure a working relationship not by the gaps between but by how easily you pick up again from when you left off. As soon as we started to work together on this tour, the shorthand was there. We were able to create productively. The key component of working together is “do you understand each other?” And musically, are you able to challenge as well? That’s how you get the 1 + 1 = 3 outcome. So, I’ve really enjoyed working together again. [laughs]

I think… Madonna’s reputation is for always having a highly rehearsed, highly choreographed show and she provides the element of dynamicism with her interactions. But at the same time, her mind keeps evolving and reaching further. And it’s common on her tours to start to perform to audiences, feel what works and where there’s an opening to do something new. It would be foolish to not take opportunities to act on inspiration. It’s a long tour. Right now, what audiences are seeing is the pure form rehearsal version of the show, and as it goes on, there will be an evolution.

🔥🔥🔥

👀👀👀

Well this would really be the first time ever for real changes. Just in the MDNA tour at the half we finally had Love Spent. Let's be positive anyway. I'll be happy enough if she just starts to make the I will survive point a moment for acoustic versions of old songs as she did in 2015 (I wanna listen to "Oh father" so much: I think the religious part is too short and Oh father would have been perfect after LAP by the way)

8 minutes ago, stefo said:

Well this would really be the first time ever for real changes. Just in the MDNA tour at the half we finally had Love Spent. Let's be positive anyway. I'll be happy enough if she just starts to make the I will survive point a moment for acoustic versions of old songs as she did in 2015 (I wanna listen to "Oh father" so much: I think the religious part is too short and Oh father would have been perfect after LAP by the way)

In MDNA we also got give it to me included when she reached the US 

I am amazed that many people are waiting with bated breath for…  Hold Tight.  I actually REALLY liked that album a lot — but even I was completely drawing a blank on that song… I had to go listen to Hold Tight again.  I mean — it’s…. Fine.  But it’s definitely NOT the one track off that album I’d put on any set list.  

Now of the other rumored tracks…  Oh Father, however, would be pretty mindblowing…

3 hours ago, Markdonna said:

I am amazed that many people are waiting with bated breath for…  Hold Tight.  I actually REALLY liked that album a lot — but even I was completely drawing a blank on that song… I had to go listen to Hold Tight again.  I mean — it’s…. Fine.  But it’s definitely NOT the one track off that album I’d put on any set list.  

Now of the other rumored tracks…  Oh Father, however, would be pretty mindblowing…

I think will give some more filling for that era and the  chorus (because I doubt they'll use the whole song) as interpolation can be a bit uplifting. Like a sing back with the audience. But yeah definitely I would prefer to have some Oh father.

4 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

From this interview 

🔥🔥🔥

👀👀👀

Great news. The tours that Price has done with her haven't seen changes (except for You'll See on the DWT), but both the MDNA Tour and the RHT had seen several modifications. Let's hope it's the same this time.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic