The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

9 hours ago, konfideinmenow said:

But she is elderly. Madonna is technically a senior citizen. If you have a problem with the use of both of those terms it can only mean you have a negative association with a person being old. Being elderly isn’t a bad thing. It doesn’t take any value or humanity away, it adds it. It’s a good thing and it’s said with love and grace! 

Ok dear. I am a problem with being an elder. After all, I'm 40, to Jewish/Christian/Muslim traditions I am qualified to be a presbyter ("elder" in Greek, originally), if I were Jew, I could replace a rabbi if I weren't one. I can't process my own aging and mortality.

To quote M again, "to age is a sin." Incredibly, how to a Gnostic soul, this is very evident in masses' point of view. Maybe people out there don't realize the true sense of the biblical quote, "the last will be the first."

Tbh…After all we’ve seen so far the golden circle tickets seem to be really bad if you want to see her front side up close. 😅

I feel like general standing is the best category to take in the visuals and see M up close. Probably best to stand in front of the West stage or what is your take on this?

1 hour ago, stevemic said:

Just in case anyone's not seen this yet.

Stage map of where she sings the songs.

Screenshot_20231020_114433_Facebook.jpg

So what's the best spot to see the concert? It's a tough choice for my concert.
I own floor B and floor A and I don't know which one to keep.
I would have said uptown, but I dunno

4 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

I mean, I can see some changes being made to the show down the line, but I don't think we should hold our breath for any song in particular.

Remember when Madonna rehearsed 'Devil Wouldn't Recognize You' during the Re-Invention Tour? :kiss2:

I think there would be better flow to the spiritual section if she put Rain first, then Bedtime Story, Ray of Light, then add Frozen at the end.

7 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

I think there would be better flow to the spiritual section if she put Rain first, then Bedtime Story, Ray of Light, then add Frozen at the end.

Those changes required fixing the whole choreography and costume changing around. It's a great visual when she appears with the mirrored catsuit and walks towards the platform with BS and it comes up, then platform takes her for ROL and when she comes down she has the dancer fixing her cape and doing the dramatic Frozen/Rain.

Considering how she works I see more probabilities of blending Frozen with Rain than moving everything around.

Or just sing a  bit of Rain while she walks to the cube and starts BS there?

10 hours ago, stefo said:

Well this would really be the first time ever for real changes. Just in the MDNA tour at the half we finally had Love Spent. Let's be positive anyway. I'll be happy enough if she just starts to make the I will survive point a moment for acoustic versions of old songs as she did in 2015 (I wanna listen to "Oh father" so much: I think the religious part is too short and Oh father would have been perfect after LAP by the way)

The thing is; "I Will Survive" is an important part of her recent health crisis. I can't see that being replaced as it plays a huge role in her story.

It seems to me replacing any of these songs would disrupt the message/story she's trying to tell regarding her career, music and life.  Also, I cannot see her switching out Like A Prayer for Oh Father.  As much as we recognize the tour being "hits" beyond her songs, she just isn't going to eliminate one of her most biggest, successful and impactful songs for another that really isn't known but by the fan base. Not only that, people are expecting those big hits on this tour.  

35 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Those changes required fixing the whole choreography and costume changing around. It's a great visual when she appears with the mirrored catsuit and walks towards the platform with BS and it comes up, then platform takes her for ROL and when she comes down she has the dancer fixing her cape and doing the dramatic Frozen/Rain.

Considering how she works I see more probabilities of blending Frozen with Rain than moving everything around.

Or just sing a  bit of Rain while she walks to the cube and starts BS there?

Not really, it would be the same exact Rain performance, she would just walk to the cube thing and remove her cloak at the end for Bedtime Story and Ray of Light as they are now, then do whatever she rehearsed for Frozen which was supposed to be where Rain is now anyways

5 hours ago, FraP said:

In reality, she doesn't look like that at all. I can't stand these fans who use FaceApp on all her photos.
That's humiliating.
In person, she's more beautiful, you can see that she's in her 60s, as it should be, and she doesn't look like a doll.

Let's also ask ourselves why Madonna suffers from body dysmorphia. The fans have been contributing to the problem for years!

Wow. I'm glad you got that speech out but that's a huge stretch. This is a direct picture of a fan's phone, probably very zoomed in, which clearly takes the definition out of the image and can make someone's skin look very smooth. Not to mention the lighting is flattering, like you see here:

image.png.02b215d429707bcd1c6b9e0937270e2b.png

It's very different from an upclose image with clearer quality and poorer lighting, which will highlight her skin is not that doll-like, as you can see here:

image.png.97b7e7d951699d5d9ce69dda478a514c.png

I'm not disagreeing with you in the sense that it's a vicious cycle, but we all know she's had a lot of work done to get rid of wrinkles and make her face smoother, and if that translates to pictures that will make her look like a plastic doll, well, there's nothing we can do.

5 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

I mean, I can see some changes being made to the show down the line, but I don't think we should hold our breath for any song in particular.

Remember when Madonna rehearsed 'Devil Wouldn't Recognize You' during the Re-Invention Tour? :kiss2:

Was that even a song yet during that tour?

12 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Was that even a song yet during that tour?

Well, according to Mike McKnight, yes, it was.

33 minutes ago, McDonna said:

The thing is; "I Will Survive" is an important part of her recent health crisis. I can't see that being replaced as it plays a huge role in her story.

It seems to me replacing any of these songs would disrupt the message/story she's trying to tell regarding her career, music and life.  Also, I cannot see her switching out Like A Prayer for Oh Father.  As much as we recognize the tour being "hits" beyond her songs, she just isn't going to eliminate one of her most biggest, successful and impactful songs for another that really isn't known but by the fan base. Not only that, people are expecting those big hits on this tour.  

My wish was to You'll See to replace I Will Survive but honestly I don't see M doing justice to it like she did back in 2001. Shame she had to do a "Sophia's choice" for DWT DVD as both You'll See and Gone deserved immortalization.

Again, I get why she chose IWS since it's a much more known song and probably does not trigger her own memories back to Evita times and all their pressure to be "THE SINGER." EDIT: esp with the inclusion of DCFMA at the very end of same section.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)