The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

I don't know what's up but people on the press are probably complaining about lateness because the venues lie that the show will start at 8pm or 8.30pm. I got an email today saying bob and madonna will start approx at 20.00 which I don't for a second believe but people who don't follow her as much might go wait for her even before 8 because of that and be upset when the show starts at 21.30. I don't understand why they don't just say that it will start at 9.30 PM because it seems clearly to be the time they aim to start at. Why go the extra mile and lie, even the tickets had both times 20.30 and 21.30 for the starting, it's all very confusing to me. The backlash is so easily avoided by just telling people what time she will really start and not lie  

14 minutes ago, frozenonadancefloor said:

I don't know what's up but people on the press are probably complaining about lateness because the venues lie that the show will start at 8pm or 8.30pm. I got an email today saying bob and madonna will start approx at 20.00 which I don't for a second believe but people who don't follow her as much might go wait for her even before 8 because of that and be upset when the show starts at 21.30. I don't understand why they don't just say that it will start at 9.30 PM because it seems clearly to be the time they aim to start at. Why go the extra mile and lie, even the tickets had both times 20.30 and 21.30 for the starting, it's all very confusing to me. The backlash is so easily avoided by just telling people what time she will really start and not lie  

Maybe it's a venue thing. They COUNT on her to start at the time they advise to not have further problems by the time it ends (such as curfews and other issues). So they put all blame on her indeed.

20 minutes ago, frozenonadancefloor said:

I, as a fan who has known her for years, also expect that she will start at 10 p.m. on some dates.
She has always done that. RHT used to start at 10 p.m. on average.
Sometimes she even opened the show at 10:30 p.m. and beyond, other times at 9:30 p.m. If there was a curfew she clearly anticipated the time.
I, too, wonder why in tickets for stops where there is no curfew they do not indicate a more realistic starting time

1 hour ago, Andymad said:

I don’t know why some are surprised or shocked that she sings to her own vocals. She’s been doing it for YEARS. It richens the live vocals and makes the lead sound stronger. 
Everybody does it these days. Gaga, Lizzo, Taylor, Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, Beyonce… It also helps keep the singer on pitch track, with the majority of them having a fairly decent musical ear, so the execution most of the time is seamless. 

No one is suprised i gues, but the regular people say shes lipsyncing wich is not true. And last night she f**** up bad girl, the background vocals allready start playing while she was still drinking water, and sure you can hear her live vocals kick in when she starts singing but people are blind when it comes to stuff like this, they will say she lipsynced without a proper listen or whatever. Also the copenhagen review said she was singing live but that could not be heard most of the time wich is sooo not true. And that is getting on my nerves lol... She deserves more praise she works her ass off 

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

The vocals, mixing and sound in general are the best she's had since the "Confession Tour". Stuart gets her and works to make her voice work and shine, not the opposite. Kevin Antunes NEVER got her in that sense, so it was all very hit or miss. Some moments were great and others were... not good.

As for the backing track, it's always easier for the singer to sing over their own voice, so it's not surprising at all. It's all well mixed so it can benefit her and her confidence and sound good at the same time and not overdone. It's the best she's sounded live in almost two decades.

Also, I don't think she's having the in-ear guide this time? Obviously she's got feedback with the music and vocals, I mean that robot voice telling her the beginning of the next line. She used that for the "Rebel Heart Tour" and most probably "MDNA" too (and "Madame X"?). She's much more natural now. I think that thing made her feel a little bit odd and unnatural. I much prefer her making mistakes from time to time, honestly, that's normal.

I very, very much doubt she hasn't got real time prompts as per previous tours. What makes you say that? There is literally nothing to suggest anything has changed.

1 hour ago, Andymad said:

I don’t know why some are surprised or shocked that she sings to her own vocals. She’s been doing it for YEARS. It richens the live vocals and makes the lead sound stronger. 
Everybody does it these days. Gaga, Lizzo, Taylor, Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, Beyonce… It also helps keep the singer on pitch track, with the majority of them having a fairly decent musical ear, so the execution most of the time is seamless. 

Most acts only really do it during choruses to be fair, most of the time anyway.

8 minutes ago, scion said:

I very, very much doubt she hasn't got real time prompts as per previous tours. What makes you say that? There is literally nothing to suggest anything has changed.

She seems more present? Like not having literally a robot voice talking all the time to her. Plus she's made some obvious mistakes with some lyrics so far, in different parts of the show. It all seems more relaxed and natural, I don't know.

13 hours ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

This might be my favorite clip yet 

Its my first time seeing these costumes up close and you can clearly see references to:

• Drowned World Tour: flashlights from Impressive Instant; plaid kilts/skirts from the opening section; mohawks and general punk attire

• Madame X Tour: George Washington styled hats and costumes with tails

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)