The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

13 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

I feel that Hard Candy never happened, and in case that she doesn't add anything more to the setlist, it's the only album that it's not represented, despite it has like a full boxing section that reminds a lot of it. 

I realised that ALL the physical reissues, are included though. From Everybody to Erotica, to some selections of American life and also a lot of representation of Finally Enough Love. Also Causing a commotion appears sometimes, acapella.

Musically, yes, but I've interpreted the boxing section as a nod to that era?

GettyImages-1736197161.jpg

38 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

I feel that Hard Candy never happened, and in case that she doesn't add anything more to the setlist, it's the only album that it's not represented, despite it has like a full boxing section that reminds a lot of it. 

I realised that ALL the physical reissues, are included though. From Everybody to Erotica, to some selections of American life and also a lot of representation of Finally Enough Love. Also Causing a commotion appears sometimes, acapella.

Not true haha during like a virgin/beat it, you can here „i know i can do it better“.

3 hours ago, scallywally said:

I just dont think any of the songs on HC went with the storyline. only one would be really miles away about her and guy but would slow down the pace. 

There’s a rumour 4 Minutes was cut because it was too dance heavy along with Candy Shop and Back that Up

23 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

There’s a rumour 4 Minutes was cut because it was too dance heavy along with Candy Shop and Back that Up

Candy shop couldve fitted into the early 90s sex section a little bit.  Idve thought 4 mins wouldve been on the list but trying to think where it would fit with the storyline? Unless they created more a part of her activism (and troubles) which couldve been extended! ahh.  Back that up? glad was dropped. 

Its all worked out how she's doing this is a wonder, The whole thing couldve been cancelled amazing how she's doing double what other stars would dare try.   Not mentioning any other stars that cancel after a cough or get wheeled about on a sofa.  She's a Legend. 

Hard candy is present in the box set created for Erotica imo and it's very cleverly done. I mean, the era is present. 4 minutes could have been part of a set wich was apparently cut out after her hospitalization. The show was simply longer and also included a segment where she performed Express yourself and Music. According to what I remember, this segment did not take much to the show and was less organic in the narrative, also probably being phisically demanding. 

She really is a legend, this show is the ultimate prove.

10 hours ago, Starchild said:

Musically, yes, but I've interpreted the boxing section as a nod to that era?

GettyImages-1736197161.jpg

Not that Erotica performance for Girlie Show hadn't got some boxing content.

Hard Candy was meant to be representated through the scrapped Music section. As @Dazedmadonnatold, 4 Minutes and my personal anthem Candy Shop would be performed as a part of a dance contest between M and her dancers, but, after the ICU thing, back to rehearsals at Nassau Colisseum, she felt she wasn't able anymore to perform this entire section - esp in a concert who were meant to last 2h30 and this section were meant to happen between Kabbalah/cowboy and future/rave sections - so she made herself the favour of scrapping it totally. It was a section just to showcase her freestyle dancing abilities - that aren't available anymore for very obvious reasons. So she has kept faithful to herself (as well as rational) even by scrapping this 4-song section instead to be stubborn by keeping it, against her own current body abilities.

As I told to Dazed, all setlist changes and scraps, besides being very much needed to the flow of concert, made M able to develop a non contradictory storyboard about herstory and still to present her 40yo career in a short timespace of an ordinary movie (and an ordinary tour concert), due to the several Easter eggs featured to it.

Gosh, what a week for me! Saw two shows in Paris, had one day to travel to Cologne and two shows in a row again. I saw 6 shows in total now and wow - I'm so in love with the show <3 Every night is so different. Paris had the best audience for sure - reacting on speeches, jokes, singing, dancing.. Cologne crowd was let's say ok :D First Cologne night had problems with sound, I was in Golden Circle and sound was so bad - the worst I ever experienced - no bass, so much echo. But hey fixed it for the second night. 

But the best part - how many incredible people I've met. I was queuing for all shows and it was the best experience ever.

Just one show left for me - Milan next week. Already feeling sad :D 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)