The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

5 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Underrated album tbh... not her best but it's definitely pretty good... 

I don't know why i wrote that, it's not something your intrested in probably 😅... sorry im bored lol 

Have to agree! It's a good album. Of course, there are far superior, but there are a lot of cool gems on MX!

7 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Underrated album tbh... not her best but it's definitely pretty good... 

I don't know why i wrote that, it's not something your intrested in probably 😅... sorry im bored lol 

Cause it's a truth man ...

as the lights in this pic are very fascinating

420837444_18409048306040945_907280536236

And this video wich is great in quality and perspective, so close to the stage

4 hours ago, McDonna said:

This song just doesn't hold up well when sung this way.  Will go down as the worst interpretation she's done of the song.  But it's cool she's singing it, even though I prefer "I Will Survive".

I have to say that I don't completely agree with this. It's surely not the best version she performed, at the same time I think that with this simple and folkish string/guitar arrangement the track gets a new twist, light and cool. I prefer this than the MDNA one, completely out of place imo. One version wich I really ADORE is the Girlie Show Studio 54 performance, the closest to the deep funky feeling of the original version musically (the Girlie Show is amazing).

It's a great song, so much connected with the undeniable impact of the original release, the video and the mood of the remix sound, that it's hard to surpass that. She got a good chance with the military version in the ReInvention Tour, but I always thought it missed something, the coreo moved the American Life rage and grit into a kind of Broadway pointless excercize. 

5 hours ago, McDonna said:

This song just doesn't hold up well when sung this way.  Will go down as the worst interpretation she's done of the song.  But it's cool she's singing it, even though I prefer "I Will Survive".

The Boston performance of Express Yourself is great 🥰... I like both, Express yourself and I will survive... 

12 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

Went to the gig. I was truly impressed! That show is so amazing—quite the spectacle.

I was definitely amazed by her voice. It was so on point, so fluid, so versatile, and so strong! Anybody that still believes she’s a non-singer after tonight’s concert lacks appreciation and objectivity to say the least!

I was intensely thrilled by the most esoteric moments: “Act of Contrition/Unholy/Like a Prayer,” “The Beast Within,” “Die Another Day.” “Bedtime Story” was just *literally* amazing, and I loved the reappearance of Madonna’s alter ego “Varla” (this time with blonde and pink hair) onscreen.

Touching family moments, humanitarianism… And an awesome biopic to boot!

Lots of dancing as well, so I did not find her “stiff” in that regard. Madonna proved she’s still the Queen of Pop by far!

Great tributes throughout the show, esp. that “Like a Virgin / Billie Jean” segment.

If anything, this show is going to motivate us to surpass ourselves!

Great review!! I cheer you like my amazing friend @Vogueristais used to do here on this lovely forum!!