The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

5 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Welp this is it. Tonight’s my night. It’s finally here after all these months of reading about it and watching shitty clips online 😭😭😭😭

Still debating getting a last min ticket for tomorrow night too 🙃

Oh get a ticket for tomorrow too I think you need to see the show more than once to take it all in 

6 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Welp this is it. Tonight’s my night. It’s finally here after all these months of reading about it and watching shitty clips online 😭😭😭😭

Oh get a ticket for tomorrow too I think you need to see the show more than once to take it all in 

14 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Erotica and Justify my love are lipsynced 

13 hours ago, Lum said:

yes, i mean just get rid of holding a microphone all together. i feel it really interfered with the choreography and dancer interaction.

Those are not fully lipped. Maybe "Justify," but not "Erotica." 

2 hours ago, Lum said:

have we discussed the fact that she doesn't acknowledge a single hard candy track on this tour?? :speakno: every other album gets at least a sample. poor candy shop!!

I know you're joking but i really would love if she's sing Give it 2 Me at the finale or sing Miles Away with her guitar. 

59 minutes ago, sara94 said:

I know you're joking but i really would love if she's sing Give it 2 Me at the finale or sing Miles Away with her guitar. 

I like both of those ideas! and both songs would fit the show but I guess in her head GI2M has been done as a finale and Miles away on her guitar.  

It Does indeed sound great though. :kissy:

Id like to add about Madonna post 2000's going more experimental, yes she gets more grief. But made music younger fans came in, she still had and has high standards and catchy hooks. The world was still in her hands. 

The same couldnt really be said with others at the time, esp Bjork (I know they are so different but as stardom goes people still want old Bjork which she hates to do). M is celebrating her past. If only Bjork did that too It would satisfy so many people but she wont. OK yes she does old songs with an orchestra but not a pop show. 

On the other hand you have Kylie who knows what sells to her gays and keeps on that treadmill with success even though twisting into country or disco its still Kylie sparkly pop.    

M can go waaay off radar but still knows her hooks and bridges. She's really talented in so many ways. Others would nose dive. 

5 hours ago, MikeyK said:

Yeeeeeyyy!!! have such a good time. Excited for you! 

Anybody else going too?? 

25 minutes ago, scallywally said:

Id like to add about Madonna post 2000's going more experimental, yes she gets more grief. But made music younger fans came in, she still had and has high standards and catchy hooks. The world was still in her hands.

This is why I still love Madonna so much.  I've been fans of other great artists who are somewhat making music now, but Madonna's albums are still greatly different from one another.  And I'm not bringing this up to invite criticism or hate towards Janet or Mariah, but I loved them during the 90's. But post 2000's, they really have just remade the same music over and over.  Certainly, I still enjoy them to some degree, but Madonna keeps coming back with music that is different with each new album. That's one of the things I love about her.  I realize, some styles and music she does take on, may not be everyone's cup of tea, but this is something Madonna's been doing throughout her career with most new studio albums.  She brings in something entirely new, while the others just stick to the same formula with every album.  Nothing wrong with the latter because I can still appreciate acts that are going the nostalgic route.  I don't mind Madonna revisiting such, but I wouldn't want her to re-make or re-produce the same album over and over. :)

On 2/1/2024 at 10:35 AM, scion said:

I could hear live vocals in Stockholm, but nothing as clear as this.

She was always singing live but I really think they've bumped up the live vocals more and turned the backing track down a bit since then. We started to hear her more clearly around Paris.

8 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

What would you guys feel if the set list consisted of only one song per album (all albums) plus some non-album hits too, like DCRMA and Crazy For You? Like, if that was how she attempted to acknowledge her whole discography. How would you feel?

Bored. The setlist is good as is. The only things Id add are Like a Virgin, Music, Express Yourself and Frozen permanently... and maybe a Material Girl interlude instead of that MJ crap

Madonna is an artist, not a pop star. 

Also, maybe her voice has been strengthening after being intubated and having kidney failure, and she’s regained her lung capacity and lost some of the rawness that such a dilemma provokes biologically. Subsequently she can be heard more prominently in the mix. She’s definitely regained her confidence as a performer over the course of this tour. I’d say Paris is a good delineation. 

Speaking of the best of pop stars, not sure if this was mentioned anywhere else, but I just saw that Kylie is receiving a Billboard Women In Music Award on March 6th in LA. Maybe she will be a ballroom guest after all!

35 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

She was always singing live but I really think they've bumped up the live vocals more and turned the backing track down a bit since then. We started to hear her more clearly around Paris.

I notice that a lot with her, even as far back as BAT.  Here's my theory.  I don't think hearing her live 100% when there's backing is a mistake. I think she does an assessment during the sound tech before the show.  If she feels she can pump it out vocally in the beginning she'll say okay, bump me up a little for the opening and bring back the backing track. She has a really great ear musically, however being up there with thousands of people screaming, of course it can be difficult to hear yourself.  That's the problem. She was classically trained for Evita, and as a vocalist myself, you never really forget where to place your voice.  That's why in smaller venues she sounds incredible, or during ballads. 

That's just my two cents lmfao. I was very impressed with her in Toronto, and my bf who just isn't a fan said he was impressed with her vocals. So lucky me.