The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

18 hours ago, Magic Pussy said:

It's been over a year since the initial tour announcement but I was always under the impression the tour was Plan B, Plan A being the self- directed biopic which was put on ice. My guess is she's going to use the tour proceeds to fund and maintain creative control of her biopic like she did with "Truth or Dare" or in a less risky move, get another studio on board who'll give her the budget she wants now that she's proven people will still pay $$$ to see her. 

that's what I said last year and that's what I am still thinking

After I read this article 

https://www.grammy.com/news/2023-post-pandemic-touring-changes-festivals-costs-personnel-backstage-behind-the-scenes

I also thought that Livenation decided to plan the tour precisely because they knew she'd have a positive results

15 hours ago, MikeyK said:

Interesting. Maybe this is it. 🤷‍♂️

I suppose she still could announce additional legs after this itinerary completes. The S+S extension announcement came after the 08 leg had wrapped.

My exact 2 cents about that.

And sorry for being a troll but if 

13 hours ago, MattyMads said:

From her statement it would appear no more shows will be added to the Celebration Tour, sorry OZ and South America 

ends up being true, I DON'T CARE.

I FULLY RESPECT MOMMA'S DECISION.

And, no, this doesn't make me a goody-goody (not in the sense THAT GUY is).

Now, excuse me, I am celebrating tour as it still goes on. Even from miles and miles away. Thank you very much internet.

And feel free to gimme ur smiles!

2 hours ago, BlondAmbition said:

that's what I said last year and that's what I am still thinking

Every now and then you have to slide your credentials across the table and remind people who they're dealing with.... 

Whether it's pitching a project to studio execs for financial backing, shattering the social media nonsense/mainstream media amplification of supposed public opinion with facts and figures (not just awards and chart positions, but revenue and historical relevance), whatever the case may be, once again Madonna does it best. Whether it's the industry, or it's girls clawing at her heels, pushing the narrative to minimize her, there is no denying her legacy and historical relevance. To hell with whatever is considered relevant right now, Madonna changed the world. 

Now give Mambo her props, people, and backers get to backing that up $$. We don't need to wait 30 years to bohemian rhapsody a queen, the world knows her songs and her life story is a story of life. Biopic or not, the bookends of The Celebration Tour, alone, got the message out there.... Nothing Really Matters, Bitch I'm Madonna.

I'm more interested in Madonna's new projects, new music, and what she has to say and what she wants to do. That's most important.

J

16 hours ago, McDonna said:

I get the "wishful thinking", but my guess she's moving on. I sorta prefer it.  I'd love to see her make a new album and possibly get back to her Biopic if possible.

I would love a new album  - the combination of being back with Warners I think will help her come up with something fantastic and if she feels inspired to write more pop/dance oriented music and with Stuart Price it will be something to look forward to. I hope she doesn't do the biopic though as almost certain to be disappointing she has too much to her story to cut down unto a 90 minute film and the more she is involved/control she has the less objective and likely entertaining it will be. I would rather have a documentary about this tour that could say the same things about her life and career 

On 2/6/2024 at 10:00 AM, MikeyK said:

I had that issue as well. Also w/Bob’s opening monologue. If I hadn’t been aware of it from this forum I wouldn’t have understood most of it.

IMG_0521.jpeg.dba5856d3771518cb6966a9df3ef75c6.jpeg

It's where you're sitting. It's hard for touring shows to get the acoustics perfect in each city. I heard everything crystal clear in Pittsburgh from the floor (5 rows from the end of the catwalk).

21 hours ago, androiduser said:

....the rock star biopic craze has totally died down... I don't think many studios will be interested in making a major biopic in this climate.

Elvis made $289 million.

Rocketman made $195 million

Bohemian Rhapsody made $350 million

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic