Bye, Bye Glastonbury Festival

proxy

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It can still happen. He's just saying the confirmed news are not true at the moment.

Exactly, Madonna can still be the headliner, and maybe somebody else from the rumored lineup isn't

12 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Good residence. Sounds like a commercial pop trash festival for mainstream people.

it's literally more focused on rock performers and less commercial underground bands with an occasional pop star headlining. If anything, pop stars are too commercial for the festival, but the festival has always had a great balance between all genres.

2 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Exactly, Madonna can still be the headliner, and maybe somebody else from the rumored lineup isn't

it's literally more focused on rock performers and less commercial underground bands with an occasional pop star headlining. If anything, pop stars are too commercial for the festival, but the festival has always had a great balance between all genres.

How are Doodoo Creepa and Crap Play considered underground?

2 hours ago, Honey Little said:

How are Doodoo Creepa and Crap Play considered underground?

you are twisting my words.... I said they have pop stars occasionally... other headliners have been David Bowie, The Rolling Stones, The Smiths, The Cure, Radiohead, Van Morrison, Paul McCartney, Metallica, Arcade Fire, Guns N'Roses... with an endless list of underground rock bands who were not headliners...

Just now, androiduser said:

you are twisting my words.... I said they have pop stars occasionally... other headliners have been David Bowie, The Rolling Stones, The Smiths, The Cure, Radiohead, Van Morrison, Paul McCartney, Metallica, Arcade Fire, Guns N'Roses... with n endless list of underground rock bands who were not headliners...

Have fun. Sounds awful.

Things like this happen all the time. They haven’t made an official announcement. Perhaps talks aren’t finalized.  I’d imagine all of the acts have at least been approached and I’m sure Glastonbury wants the ability to make an announcement at their discretion and at the time they deem appropriate rather than having the announcement come via them confirming a rumor from The Daily Mail. 

Glastonbury is the festival that every major artist ticks off their list as playing or played. It's a big thing in the UK during the summer and if Madonna doesn't play it would be a shame, but nearly every year her name comes up and nothing materialises.

If this is her unofficial goodbye with touring on this grand scale what better way than to finish it at this huge festival. 

Re: I don't want to be around non-fans.

I saw Janet at a festival in 2019 and it was a dream, so fun and great energy from the crowd who were there for the many other acts besides JJ. I got to walk basically to front of stage, I could've thrown my phone at her face like an asshole because I was so close, which is unthinkable at an arena show/concert for many fans. There are perks for certain "non-wealthy" fans to go to a show like this vs. the golden triangle or whatever the fuck that thing is with the rich gays.

Re: Sunday afternoon legend slot is reserved for Cher

To do Christmas songs? 

If Madonna does the show when she is in top form from touring it could erase the pained memory of Eurovision do her legacy a great favor to non-fans and endear her even more to the GP if/when she nails the performance and blows their minds. It seems a no-brainer to do a victory lap with a fab new song when you are in top shape but this is Madonna so ya never know!

:07:

9 hours ago, DickTracy said:

I saw Janet at a festival in 2019 and it was a dream, so fun and great energy from the crowd who were there for the many other acts besides JJ. I got to walk basically to front of stage, I could've thrown my phone at her face like an asshole because I was so close, which is unthinkable at an arena show/concert for many fans. There are perks for certain "non-wealthy" fans to go to a show like this vs. the golden triangle or whatever the fuck that thing is with the rich gays.

To do Christmas songs? 

If Madonna does the show when she is in top form from touring it could erase the pained memory of Eurovision do her legacy a great favor to non-fans and endear her even more to the GP if/when she nails the performance and blows their minds. It seems a no-brainer to do a victory lap with a fab new song when you are in top shape but this is Madonna so ya never know!

It definitely seems a no brainer which is why I assumed it were true. But you are right, who knows.

10 hours ago, DickTracy said:

To do Christmas songs? 

:07:

I’m one of the biggest M fans and have yet to see the Eurovision crap.

Its a non-issue for the General Public for sure.