Madonna featured in Sevdaliza new video

proxy

I didn't even recognize it was her at first.  She still isn't very recognizable in the video.  Might I add, the song sucks and the video is stupid!  Don't get why she wanted her face digitally placed like that.  I'm sure most people wouldn't know she was in it, if it didn't say she was.

All I can see is Kristian Alfonso fancy face! I mean ... I'm down for that collage! 

It's like madame Lauren Ethridge and her call girls. It needed a hot Sydney Andrews redhead!

Or maybe like Hope Brady back from the dead in Salem biting her bottom lip and holding out for a hero, aka Bo on a big motorcycle with his distressed jean package!

:hallwaylaugh:

I might have to get this song now, its growing on me!

Meant as a provocation in response to the use of image in AI - basically what SAG has just spent months on strike over - Madonna continues to be thoroughly modern. It makes me wonder if she is fully onboard with having ownership of her image, but licensing it out in perpetuity through AI. She strikes me as that type of person. Always willing to step beyond the natural boundary. First stage immortality bought her an extra decade or two through plastic surgery, and none of us saw that coming; next will be eternal youth through AI. The question around all of this is will we the public be onboard? How long will it take to normalize it? The video is actually a compelling, if uncomfortable work of art in my opinion. The Iranian feminist electronic liberation is having a huge cultural impact at the moment. I like Grimes. She has always explored these topics. She’s had three children with Elon Musk. What does one say to that? It’s sort of unknowable, like the future. All of it is bonkers in any case. 

20 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

Meant as a provocation in response to the use of image in AI - basically what SAG has just spent months on strike over - Madonna continues to be thoroughly modern. It makes me wonder if she is fully onboard with having ownership of her image, but licensing it out in perpetuity through AI. She strikes me as that type of person. Always willing to step beyond the natural boundary. First stage immortality bought her an extra decade or two through plastic surgery, and none of us saw that coming; next will be eternal youth through AI. The question around all of this is will we the public be onboard? How long will it take to normalize it? The video is actually a compelling, if uncomfortable work of art in my opinion. The Iranian feminist electronic liberation is having a huge cultural impact at the moment. I like Grimes. She has always explored these topics. She’s had three children with Elon Musk. What does one say to that? It’s sort of unknowable, like the future. All of it is bonkers in any case. 

I agree.

Madonna right now is reviving and celebrating her career, it's not all about features or strict collaborations. Is about art, experimenting and doing what she ever did: What she likes.

It's not about what Madonna does in the video but how the artist wanted her to be represented and what it means for her.

Like the collaboration with Chris, Madonna just want to be part of those creatives she discovers or enjoys. Is not her work ,she is just part of it. But she is part of it because of her status, legacy and who she is.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

That is not for Celine Dion's fans and those who don't know who Cindy Sherman is.

I think it's because Madonna had gathered more of a pop following, so is  more expected to be  products for GP with a pop appeal.

Bjork has been doing shit like this her whole career and nobody flick an eyelid every time she is part of something new.

And if you pay attention to M's career she has been always wanting to be part of something more than just singing and dancing.

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

I think it's because Madonna had gathered more of a pop following, so is  more expected to be  products for GP with a pop appeal.

Bjork has been doing shit like this her whole career and nobody flick an eyelid every time she is part of something new.

And if you pay attention to M's career she has been always wanting to be part of something more than just singing and dancing.

It used to shock me when i started hanging on the Madonna forums to see fans of, say, Kelly Clarkson and singers like that on them. I guess thats what the (stupid) queen of pop title means, she mixes the bourgeoisie and the rebel :) 
But this video is nothing groundbreaking, like you said All Is Full Of Love says hello and even G. Michael did it a few years later with Freeek (right title ?) and my memory is blurred but i remember a dance music video using the same tricks in the early 00s (Benassi ?). It reminds me of the work of Cindy Sherman (Sex book inspiration as M said in her itw with Ross in 92 and she sponsored her first retrospective exhib at the Met in 98) whom latelyhas been working using AI. Maybe it is bothering to some because it is very muscular female bodies which brings us back to the Blond Ambition tour and Madonna being criticied for being too muscular and not stereotypically female like. (yeah, people tend to forget these ludicrous little controversies even existed after years because she was part of pushing that envelope).

I dont like the track though. I dont like Grimes either. But its just Madonna following up on work she did 30 years ago because that envelope, and we have proof of it here, needs to be pushed again.