Which album should get a sequel?

Fabiolous

Extended reviews can be interesting. Like PSB did with their collection plus demos, outtakes etc. It gives serious fans something extra to enjoy and gives some deep and info about the conceptualization of an album. A sequel from a creative point of view is something different. The artist evolves and moves away from the space and time when it was making the album. The world changes too and you grow with an artist based on their work. A Confessions two or ROL sequel won't make any sense, it will be reducing the album to just a music style or a fad. Even following that, it will sound dated.

2 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

To be honest, I think Madame X already felt like an American Life 2 with a twist, and Rebel heart like a mid-2010s Erotica 2.

Madonna did say in an interview that MX was like AL 2.0 so in a sense we already had one, I defenitely wouldnt mind if it would become a triptyque, but maybe not for another few years

Not sure if I agree with the Erotica RH comparison though, that was such a strong conceptual album about modern relationships, lonelyness and bigotry, RH is just a mess lol, a mess with some great songs on it but a mess nonetheless

8 hours ago, Prayer said:

Kinda unrelated but, when I became a fan in 1998, it seemed weird that she got a "Like A Prayer" only two albums after having a "Like A Virgin". A friend of mine told me "all her songs are Like A something?" :Madonna009:

Yeah, lot of people I know used to say that... Even I remember a 1997 article saying "Madonna is working in her next album... A new "Like a virgin" or a new "Like a prayer" is coming?

Imagine that "Ray of light" was called "Like a flower"??? :P

The album that deserved this, not so much as a proper seperate sequel, but an expansion, was ROL. And she was onto that with the Veronica Electronica idea. I really wish that would have happened. Almost all of the remixes from that era have aged extremely well. Would have loved to hear some of the other none singles get reworked. And while we're at it, it really deserved to be the first full visual pop album.