Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

5 hours ago, androiduser said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyjxLJgIAFb/

marcalmondofficial Huge emotional moment during Madonna’s Live to Tell , her moving tribute to all those lost to AIDS especially those that had touched her life . When Martin Burgoyne’s face appeared on a huge screen i’m not ashamed to say that I had tears running down my face. . I knew she would tribute Martin during this song , he was with her at the beginning and designed her first record covers and I was glad to have known him back in those times . It was Martin who asked me if there was anywhere Madonna could stay in London on her first PR trip to the U.K. as the record company wouldn’t get her a hotel .. ..yes it was that long ago and early in her career , Holiday was just about to be released.
Martin was such a sweet lovely person and so terribly sad for Madonna and us all who knew him , to lose him in those early 80’s years. An emotional moment indeed in what was a moving show in many ways . A gob smacking kaleidoscope of all things @Madonna , sometimes joyous, sometimes euphoric , dark , Vegas , arty, erotic, vulgar, touching, funny ,glamorous , mystical , bonkers , Pop, sexy , Queen, vamp, truly a Pop cultural icon . and she’s always challenging . Totally fantastic , exhilarating . The years of our lives flash before us . And suddenly we are old but we Live to Tell .

This tour must be the ultimate testament M is giving to this world of flaws and prejudice. After that, it doesn't matter which comes next, album supporting tours, antitours, or even new greatest hits tours, anything will be below it. This isn't the tweelfth tour by any chance, this is the Benjamin's tribe of Israel of M tours, the one which remained loyal to Israel after Salomon's death (Judah's did too but we can give to it the relevancy of Blond Ambition if we think by this way).

On 10/20/2023 at 1:22 PM, Honey Little said:

I think tour 13 will blow everyone away.

Well, piojito, now I just hope ur right! She needs to deliver the Dinah's tour as the tribe of Israel that never was, plus 13 is a very important number to Kabbalah as it is the meaning of both Hebrew words "ahava" ("love") and "echad" ("unity"). The sum of both is 26 - the number of the sacred name of Jehovah.

Maybe 13th M's tour will be called Love + Unity Tour. And I hope this time Sorry, Oh Father, Hold Tight - and You'll See - do make the cut.

On 10/22/2023 at 11:49 PM, Alibaba said:

I’m reading it. It’s incredibly detailed and the author shows great respect and reverence for Madonna’s accomplishments and her cultural importance. 

I wanted the book but was also hesitant, I’ll buy it because of your review 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

6 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

This is fascinating to see, and you have got to think that in the final version she sadly lost control of everything, not hearing herself or whatever, cause the song is very difficult but here it´s like she was doing it amazingly good. But, well, it didn´t matter much anyway.

I believe this was when she realized she couldn't tour Ray of Light, she even tried to develop something by early 1999, but then was soon convinced to do some forgettable movie instead. She understood she needed a few more time to regain confidence in singing live and touring again - which she had with her 2000 Brixton Academy gig. After that, she got finally adamant she could go back to tour.

36 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

I believe this was when she realized she couldn't tour Ray of Light, she even tried to develop something by early 1999, but then was soon convinced to do some forgettable movie instead. She understood she needed a few more time to regain confidence in singing live and touring again - which she had with her 2000 Brixton Academy gig. After that, she got finally adamant she could go back to tour.

Something about Lenny’s guitar playing on Ray of Light doesn’t seem to go well with her voice. 

1 hour ago, Anapausis said:

It had nothing to do with her losing any confidence!  She didn't tour ROL because she had several films lined up. She was determined to follow up Evita with a great role.  As soon as she released ROL, she was already hard at work, learning the Violin to star in Music of The Heart (which was called 50 Violins at the time).  That fell through by July of '98 because of creative differences with the director (Wes Craven).  But if it didn't fall through, she would have began filming by August of that year.  Prior to that, she was to star in an Indie film The Red Door, but she bailed from that.  Also, Chicago was in the works and was planned to be filming by January of '99.  All during that time, she also was involved in producing the screen adaptation of the Jennifer Bell novel “Going Down.”

So as much as she kept saying she wanted to tour ROL, she knew it wasn't going to happen.  It had nothing to with lack of confidence in performing those songs.  Besides, once 50 Violins was no longer on her agenda, that's when she was pushing hard to start The Next Best Thing  film before the end of '98 as she was hoping to start Chicago afterwards.  Unfortunately, none of that panned out, and The Next Best Thing didn't start production until April of '99.  After that, she went straight into the studio to start work on a new album (MUSIC) and songs for The Next Best Thing soundtrack. 

10 minutes ago, McDonna said:

It had nothing to do with her losing any confidence!  She didn't tour ROL because she had several films lined up. She was determined to follow up Evita with a great role.  As soon as she released ROL, she was already hard at work, learning the Violin to star in Music of The Heart (which was called 50 Violins at the time).  That fell through by July of '98 because of creative differences with the director (Wes Craven).  But if it didn't fall through, she would have began filming by August of that year.  Prior to that, she was to star in an Indie film The Red Door, but she bailed from that.  Also, Chicago was in the works and was planned to be filming by January of '99.  All during that time, she also was involved in producing the screen adaptation of the Jennifer Bell novel “Going Down.”

So as much as she kept saying she wanted to tour ROL, she knew it wasn't going to happen.  It had nothing to with lack of confidence in performing those songs.  Besides, once 50 Violins was no longer on her agenda, that's when she was pushing hard to start The Next Best Thing  film before the end of '98 as she was hoping to start Chicago afterwards.  Unfortunately, none of that panned out, and The Next Best Thing didn't start production until April of '99.  After that, she went straight into the studio to start work on a new album (MUSIC) and songs for The Next Best Thing soundtrack. 

Ok dear now I realize, are you Rettenmund or Taraborelli or someone like them?