Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I think it's safe to say we are not getting Drowned world/Substitute for love and The power of goodbye until their anniversaries then

I wouldn't say so. They're super random. So they could continue with other "Ray Of Light" singles or not, or combine them with other releases and anniversaries.

There's no pattern at all. :tongue:

The much hyped back catalogue deal with Warner Music has been very underwhelming so far. They can’t even pull their finger out and put our vinyl/CD collections on streaming, let alone give us something a bit extra like previously unreleased tracks. We still haven’t even got Ain’t No Big Deal, Let Down Your Guard and Cyber-Raga on streaming yet. 

With the recent CD/vinyl debate here in this forum, and the waiting on streaming releases, I've been thinking a little about it. There's nothing special in streaming unless they release something really unreleased. All madonna remixes are almoat surfaces in some way. But they can decide to quit released material (like IMGTTYAS) or release it unaccurately (eg madonna s/t). So i don't feel, for me, the necessity to pay attention to them when they don't care about, and ain't nothing like the real thing, you mind physical formats

4 hours ago, MadonnaDave said:

The much hyped back catalogue deal with Warner Music has been very underwhelming so far. They can’t even pull their finger out and put our vinyl/CD collections on streaming, let alone give us something a bit extra like previously unreleased tracks. We still haven’t even got Ain’t No Big Deal, Let Down Your Guard and Cyber-Raga on streaming yet. 

They are releasing it all - they even gave us Gambler, the You Can Dance (Single Edits), Fever (edit one), Up Down Suite, Has To Be and a lot more. Stop being dramatic. 

3 hours ago, MadonnaDave said:

My physical media is in storage and I can’t copy my remixes, live tracks, etc, to my iPhone / Apple Music anymore. Hence since then I’m far more bothered about what is (un)available) now on streaming. 

Understood 

Edited by Honey Little (see edit history)

1 hour ago, GregVsMatt said:

They are releasing it all - they even gave us Gambler, the You Can Dance (Single Edits), Fever (edit one), Up Down Suite, Has To Be and a lot more. Stop being dramatic. 

and all of Kylie’s PWL singles were released as pretty exhaustive EPs on iTunes in 2009, and the EPs then added to streaming in December 2016.

I don’t think that is dramatic to say that I don’t understand why Warner are still dragging their feet so much with a huge back catalogue star like Madonna 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

1 hour ago, MadonnaDave said:

and all of Kylie’s PWL singles were released as pretty exhaustive EPs on iTunes in 2009, and the EPs then added to streaming in December 2016.

I don’t think that is dramatic to say that I don’t understand why Warner are still dragging their feet so much with a huge back catalogue star like Madonna 🤷‍♂️ 

No one is dragging their feet on anything.  You and some others are being impatient and unrealistic.   Not that I don't blame you, but it's driving some to get a bit too dramatic over it as @GregVsMattpointed out.  I was going through Michael Jackson's digital catalog and his youtube channel.  Do you realize that he only has two 4K videos and the rest of his videos are still at 480 p?  "Beat it" and " Thriller" are the only two in High Definition and remarkably in 4K.  He's the King of Pop and a lot of his songs, remixes, demos aren't available on streaming and digital platfotms.  No other artist with a catalog as extensive as Madonna, has all their music on digital and streaming platforms.  This is going to take some time, and we have to remember too much at one time and be overkill.  Many of these mixes going up now are definitely not getting much attention, but from the hardcore fans.  These releases need some air in between.  Just sit back and enjoy.  And if you're really a hardcore fan, I'm sure you can build your own digital catalog as there are plenty of sources to obtain all these official mixes along with many promotion mixes along with fan mixes.

7 minutes ago, tscott said:

No one is dragging their feet on anything.  You and some others are being impatient and unrealistic.   Not that I don't blame you, but it's driving some to get a bit too dramatic over it as @GregVsMattpointed out.  I was going through Michael Jackson's digital catalog and on his youtube channel.  Do you realize that he only has two 4K videos and the rest of his videos are still at 480 p?  "Beat it" and " Thriller" are the only two in High Definition and remarkably in 4K.  He's the King of Pop and a lot of his songs, remixes, demos aren't available on streaming and digital platfotms..  No other artist with a catalog as extensive as Madonna, has all their music on digital and streaming platforms. 

Kylie Minogue and Mariah Carey say otherwise…and they are not even close to being as big as Madonna.

Check Kylie's PWL singles streaming numbers on Spotify. They're pretty poor for the most part except for the main versions included on the parent albums too.

Fans want everything NOW but that's not how things go, simple as that. Not only releasing them separately give space for each of them to have their moment and build up streams, it also helps to maintain and increase her monthly listeners (she's been above 24M for the first time ever in the last few weeks) and attract old school fans to streaming.

It can be frustrating but it's the way it is.

Plus she's not the only artist on Warner. Rhino manages her old back catalogue yeah, but not only hers, there are other artists too.

Just now, Prayer said:

Check Kylie's PWL singles streaming numbers on Spotify. They're pretty poor for the most part except for the main versions included on the parent albums too.

Fans want everything NOW but that's not how things go, simple as that. Not only releasing them separately give space for each of them to have their moment and build up streams, it also helps to maintain and increase her monthly listeners (she's been above 24M for the first time ever in the last few weeks) and attract old school fans to streaming.

It can be frustrating but it's the way it is.

Plus she's not the only artist on Warner. Rhino manages her old back catalogue yeah, but not only hers, there are other artists too.

Very true, the strategy with M is really good - Kylie's catalogue on streaming is a bloody mess worldwide - and at the moment is not done very strategically. 

Kylie's discography is a mess on spotify - some of her early remixes are mislabelled and are on 'remixes' compilations and hard to find and not organised into singles - a better example would be Mariah Carey's MC30 campaign from a couple of years ago  

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW