Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

Laugh all you want but Emily's doing a good job rendering frame by frame!

90% of the HD upscales for old commercial pop artists and bands are... not good. Automatic works with not much love behind, render, export, upload.

At least Emily seems to care (most of the time).

We love you Emily. But please buy another computer so you can do at least two at the same time.

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

90% of the HD upscales for old commercial pop artists and bands are... At least Emily seems to care (most of the time).

We love you Emily. But please buy another computer so you can do at least two at the same time.

The old rendering machine crashed last night when she tried to upscale Human Nature and Celebration at the same time. The approximate completion date of the job is april 2034

22 minutes ago, Drum Dub said:

The old rendering machine crashed last night when she tried to upscale Human Nature and Celebration at the same time. The approximate completion date of the job is april 2034

I think Emily also is having another go with upgrading the Who's That Girl video too.  Let's hope she gets that audio worked out.  :tongue:

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

90% of the HD upscales for old commercial pop artists and bands are... not good. Automatic works with not much love behind, render, export, upload.

Honestly, all of this is a waste of time unless they use the original negatives, or the positive celluloid. Maybe in a few years AI will be able to do the rescaling well, but right now it only worsens the result of SD videos (because to do it ok they need the best existing SD master).

14 hours ago, Prayer said:

Let's just not talk about Secret and Take a Bow, okay?

5 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

Which there was a way to contact Apple Music and get them to tidy up the categorisation of the single reissues campaign. 

Get Bad Girl/Fever and Nothing Really Matters moved out of compilations 

They'd just tell you to turn it off and on again

On 8/10/2023 at 2:41 PM, Cyberraga said:

We got long awaited and anticipated, super duper excellent remix of Sorry.  They can't release old music after this great release, a month long gap must be maintained between premieres!

You joke, but I actually enjoyed this latest Sorry remix.  While it's included on her streaming and digital platforms, we must remember these sort of tracks do help elevate her streaming success. To me, these are just minor releases in between her own songs and possibly major releases to come.  :)

On 8/11/2023 at 5:41 AM, Cyberraga said:

We got long awaited and anticipated, super duper excellent remix of Sorry.  They can't release old music after this great release, a month long gap must be maintained between premieres!

Honestly I ignore these 2020s remix things, perdoname :Madonna004:

Just now, Brendanlovesu1 said:

new sorry remixes tonight at midnight

Gosh, since it's an EP with 5 of them, I hope it's the final release of those. They're really milking it to the core.

And on her own birthday. I know it's silly and it doesn't matter in the end, but I don't appreciate that, honestly.

5 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Gosh, since it's an EP with 5 of them, I hope it's the final release of those. They're really milking it to the core.

And on her own birthday. I know it's silly and it doesn't matter in the end, but I don't appreciate that, honestly.

I don't see the big deal?  So what if they release another remix on her birthday?  Madonna isn't bothered by it and seems to be embracing them on her own digital/streaming pages, so I say let's enjoy. 

7 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I don't see the big deal?  So what if they release another remix on her birthday?  Madonna isn't bothered by it and seems to be embracing them on her own digital/streaming pages, so I say let's enjoy. 

It smells small dance label milking the deal they got her to agree on for all its worth. Tomorrow it's her birthday, they'll be plenty of press about it and when people go to check her Spotify or Apple Music the latest main release they'll see will be this new one. I don't blame the label, really, we all would do the same on their position. Not everyday you got Madonna on your release.

I just wish we had a release directly from her tomorrow, that's all. Still bitter about the lack of "Madonna 40", I guess. :Madonna009:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blond:ish

idk I’m happy to see Madonna associated with an artist that has released on Kompakt or Get Physical or Defected or Southern Fried vs the faceless nameless circuit DJs that all release the same sound on almost all of the MX and RH singles, she should have called these folks a decade ago or if they called her good for her for answering. I’m glad she has caught back up as this was kinda the direction she was going with for Confessions before they went back to the circuits.

I just don’t like that they did with the vocal. At all. But the mixes are nice and I wish someone clever could fix it to her realish voice.

27 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It smells small dance label milking the deal they got her to agree on for all its worth. Tomorrow it's her birthday, they'll be plenty of press about it and when people go to check her Spotify or Apple Music the latest main release they'll see will be this new one. I don't blame the label, really, we all would do the same on their position. Not everyday you got Madonna on your release.

I just wish we had a release directly from her tomorrow, that's all. Still bitter about the lack of "Madonna 40", I guess. :Madonna009:

I don't disagree with you.  I prefer something directly from her, as well, something far more celebratory.  That M40 came and gone and all we got is a Lucky Star t-shirt... I mean digital/streaming release!!  LOL!

11 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blond:ish

idk I’m happy to see Madonna associated with an artist that has released on Kompakt or Get Physical or Defected or Southern Fried vs the faceless nameless circuit DJs that all release the same sound on almost all of the MX and RH singles, she should have called these folks a decade ago or if they called her good for her for answering. I’m glad she has caught back up as this was kinda the direction she was going with for Confessions before they went back to the circuits.

I just don’t like that they did with the vocal. At all. But the mixes are nice and I wish someone clever could fix it to her realish voice.

I guess I felt that what they did with the voice, was all part of the gimmick of the mixes.  But I get what you mean.  :)

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW