Unpopular Opinions Thread

Régine Filange

I think there's another very long thread about this but it does make for good conversation and the occasional death threat on here ? so here goes...

I don't think Madame X is horrible (I enjoy the the fan made and official remixes a lot), but calling it a return to form or one of her best ever? I just don't get that. At all.  I tried....

The SuperBowl (Vogue is flawless), Eurovision, and Pride (Vogue is as always flawless) would have been 100 times more memorable had they been done any other album/ era up until '05, maybe '08. 

I'm not one who blames Guy Oseary for any and everything I don't like. But for someone who likes to keep moving forward and explore new things as much as she does, it would be nice to see what a change in that area of her life would bring.

It would be nice if fans realized that you can critique something, dislike something, call out the bullshit AND still be a fan.

I'm tired of hearing Madonna perform oldies over and over on her tours. I'd much rather have new material and forgotten gems like Easy Ride, Bad Girl, The Power of Goodbye, Falling Free..etc. over a 10000th rendition of Vogue, Like A Prayer, La Isla Bonita or Hung Up.

I was disappointed to find about the setlist of the Madame X Tour, I thought that being a tour that would take place in theaters, and being these a smaller and more intimate space and where most of the public would be true fans, she would select songs not performed a long time ago like Secret, Take a Bow, Crazy for You, Don't tell me, Gambler, etc. but no, she decided to sing for the umpteenth time Vogue, Like a Prayer, La isla Bonita, Human Nature (causing me to take a certain rejection of these songs) wasting once again a huge catalog that any artist would envy to have.

But even so, I would have forgiven her to see her perform Rescue Me (one of my favorite songs) as seen in the rehearsal videos where she is seen singing it with the women of Batuka but she decided to change everything at the last minute and release a totally different and disappointing final version.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Unpopular Opinions Thread

I think everything in Christopher Ciccone’s book was true because he had no reason to lie. AND if was lying the stories would have been way juicer. ( yuck, I hate the word juicy ) 

There must be at least a couple gays in this forum that know Christopher. 

Edited by As Soon As I
grammar (see edit history)

I was never crazy about Erotica as an album, but for many fans it seems it´s one of her best. Not for me. The confessions era was amazing, but the album was not that masterpiece on the league of ROL or other albums of hers. The interscope albums and Hard Candy were not as bad as many fans are always trying to say.

Absolutely cannot forgive M, or the record label for NOT taking better care of Nothing Fails. One of her best songs ever, with SO MUCH potential. No video, no promo, they just wanted to sweep anything American Life related under the rug and focus on softening her image by going blonde, wearing floral patterns, releasing children’s books and doing an animated movie we all forget... etc.

7 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Absolutely cannot forgive M, or the record label for NOT taking better care of Nothing Fails. One of her best songs ever, with SO MUCH potential. No video, no promo, they just wanted to sweep anything American Life related under the rug and focus on softening her image by going blonde, wearing floral patterns, releasing children’s books and doing an animated movie we all forget... etc.

. Do you think that by Hollywood, second single, they wanted to rescue the album doing a quite  neutral videoclip with M looking glamorous and returning to blonde? Interesting. Anyway, I lived intesely the American life era and it is one of my favourites ever, but, decades past, I really don´t understand the message behind the video american life: the war theme, the american dream, the material and the fashion world, the fame obsesion, all mixed? It´s not a little sort of an extravangza? What´s the connection between Madonna adressing her past ambition to be rich and famous mixed with the children of Irak? Sometimes I think the criticism was not well done at all and that was really the problem. And that it did not worked out fine cause it was not credible to start with, as Madonna was the face of overthetop stuff, fashionism, obsession with the body and yes, materialism, and still is, when this album is all forgoten.

Edited by Drownedboy (see edit history)

Madonna sucks big time...moments:

- Madame X teasing posts, when we didnt know the name of the album, and all those X around the world. I think she should have named it " Treasure" because the X marks the spot.

- "Soon", after the world ended we were still waiting for something she promised...

- Madame X film edition...I'm not yout bitch, dont hang your edition on me.

I can't remember everyhting...

Madame X is better than Ray of Light. 

I know some hard candy better than her's...

The "God Control" video should have had a linear story and kept as tight under wraps as possible and dropped as a surprise.

Imagine that video dropping out of nowhere. Everyone is watching going "Yay! Confessions! Discodonner is back!" and then, out of nowhere, the shooting happens. We would have GAGGED. Instead, extras on the set leaked info and then the bloody scenes were teased on her own IG.

It's the M video with the most potential to me since the unedited American Life and was completely spoiled.