The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

28 minutes ago, MCL_1993 said:

I love how some of you speculate that she might do some stuff that many casual fans never heard even the title of. She's doing a Greatest Hits tour, not an Anti-Tour! We will get a lot off her 80s & early 90s albums, Hung Up, of course. Barely anything off Madame X (sadly). Only lead singles off her more recent stuff - hopefully LFL & Ghosttown. And if she does GMAYL or BIM, I'm gonna throw something at her!

I think Bitch I'm Madonna is the most likely of her 2010s atuff, it really represents what she is - or at least how she wants to appear on social media - today.

8 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

We should be greteful this is her first ever a greatest hits tour (even RIT has lots of stuff from AL) as most artists just perform some singles from the latest album and the hits. She basically always performed most stuff from the latest album on every tour. 

If anything, it's the opposite, it's Madonna who has to be greatful to you, who are happy to pay her good money to hear her always sing the same stuff.

4 hours ago, Riccardo1975 said:

Who has seen her live over the last twenty years can understand what i'm saying...there are songs that she has re-proposed in all sorts of ways, we can't take it anymore. Why not instead highlights her lesser-known repertoire?....Physical Attraction...Till Death Do Us Part...Secret Garden...Stay (one of my favourites)...American Pie...Spanish Eyes...Falling Free.
I really hope for a simple album version of "Who's That Girl", the song who made me fall in love with her.

Because they’re not hits come on get a grip 🤣

54 minutes ago, Riccardo1975 said:

If anything, it's the opposite, it's Madonna who has to be greatful to you, who are happy to pay her good money to hear her always sing the same stuff.

Don’t go. Do you know Madonna? Playing the same stuff? My God, the delusion. 

17 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I love reading comments by fans (young & older) saying this is gonna be their first Madonna concert. You're gonna have a blast but, and i think many fans will agree, there's something happening when you see her live, it stops you in your tracks and suddenly you realise she's right there in front of you and second it's ok to miss parts of what's going on stage because A LOT is happening on stage and it's not like in front of a screen where it's digested for you by the director, focus on her because that's what matters and the energy from people around you going back and forth between her and the audience, you'll see the show and its every details when it's gonna be released. It's always been like this for me and i've seen almost all the tours since WTG (passed on MDNA, Rebel Heart and she cancelled on me for Madame X) plus Olympia in 08 and Canal Plus in 2000. Everytime it was a blur afterwards no matter how close i was to the stage but the memories i have are not captured on film, that's why they are so precious. 

Love this and so true. 

5 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

She has a vast catalogue of hits but it´s true that she tends to overdo the same few 10 hit songs of always: human nature, vogue, lap, lav, frozen, la isla bonita, holiday and express yourself, all great but what about the rest?

ya. I really don't need to see her perform Vogue, EY, ROL, LAP ever again. 

Hits that I would love to hear: Cherish, The power of goodbye, Don´t tell me, Nothing really matters, You´ll see, Take a bow, Secret, Celebration, American Pie, Sorry, Jump, Come Together, What if feels like for a girl, Angel, Crazy for you, Papa don´t preach, live to tell, True blue, Drowned world, Ghostown, Who´s that girl?...And I´m not speaking about the many bsides and album tracks I adore.

3 hours ago, MCL_1993 said:

I love how some of you speculate that she might do some stuff that many casual fans never heard even the title of. She's doing a Greatest Hits tour, not an Anti-Tour! We will get a lot off her 80s & early 90s albums, Hung Up, of course. Barely anything off Madame X (sadly). Only lead singles off her more recent stuff - hopefully LFL & Ghosttown. And if she does GMAYL or BIM, I'm gonna throw something at her!

The setlist is likely to include most of the Top 15 or Top 20 of her Spotify page including BTTUTB, plus a couple of fan faves (Rescue Me / Get Together... 🙏), plus maybe one cover of a supermegahit from the 80s or 90s (something between Smells Like Teen Spirit and Barbie Girl ? who knows...) or some famous song she passed on (we might learn things, like, did you know that "this" MJ or Britney or George Michael or Prince-penned hit was rejected by M?). Expect a couple of medleys, a Frozen mash-up with the Sickick version and live versions of FEL remixes. Maybe one or two lesser known singles as interludes.

As TCT has been marketed, it's highly unlikely that album cuts or obscure tracks will be featured in full if at all.

And since she likes to use the current top technology, we can probably expect avatars/holograms as in ABBA Voyage (referring to her NY debut), scenographic devices and interludes that have been never seen on the arena scale.

The surprises shouldn't come from the setlist composition but rather from how songs will be linked together, imagine a Live To Tell / Deeper and Deeper mash-up for example, what will happen on stage (nods to her previous tours) and her interactions with the crowd.

1 hour ago, scion said:

Such a pity she doesn’t sing it… it would be a brilliant encore 

This would be a ridiculous encore, at least here in the states :rip:

Praying for her to start the show with Like a Prayer (original version) and end it with an explosive version of Vogue. That would be absolutely iconic.

7 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

This would be a ridiculous encore, at least here in the states :rip:

Praying for her to start the show with Like a Prayer (original version) and end it with an explosive version of Vogue. That would be absolutely iconic.

Nooooo.. done correctly American Pie would be an incredible closer, but it would have to be done really really well. It was also a pretty big hit this side of the pond. 

Opening with Like a Prayer I can’t imagine, it’s generally performed stripped back and we won’t get the original version I should think , ever 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic