The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

4 hours ago, sara94 said:

Tik Tok remixes are my personal nightmare. 

I believe and wish she knows that the majority of her fans want to hear the original versions. 

She did classic Frozen on Madame X Tour, there is very little chance she does is again this time.

Since Frozen Sickick is the only genuine hit (meaning it charted) she had in years, and some people have discovered or rediscovered her thanks to it, of course it's going to be in the show one way or another (at least the FEL version).

I wouldn't mind it at all if she performed a solo version of "Frozen" based on the Sickick remix arrangement, but faithful to the song's original structure. All people who are in for the greatest hits routine would want to hear is because of the chorus anyways, don't you think?

4 hours ago, andifeel said:

It was also on the Icon news page for a long time - I could well have got some details mixed up - ive posted the actual Icon wording below. It's a shame that they stopped the LivePass process this tour.  It would have meant so many fans wouldnt be stuck behind Ticketmaster's illegal bot resellers all getting the tickets before fans do. Absolutely disgusting whats happening in the US on this tour.

FYI Here's the full post from Marie (who runs Icon) which someone posted on the icon boards:

Lifetime Legacy ICON Members. Lifetime Legacy members (or Legacy members) are fans who had an active paid membership when we stopped taking new ones back in 2009, making the fan club a free one. After paying a one-time fee, those members automatically became Lifetime Legacy ones and are since then being given full access to the site’s forum, but also to devoted Legacy pre-sales when Madonna embarks on a new tour, for the remainder of her career.

All other members (including those who used to have a paid membership prior to 2009 but didn’t have an active paid one as of October 1st, 2009 or didn’t pay the one-time fee when the fan club became a free one) are Classic or Gold ones. Classic members are fans who registered for a free account after the 2009 changes, while Gold ones are free members who at some point purchased a Live Pass to access a special fan club pre-sale as part of Madonna’s 2012 and 2015 tours and were then given access to a specific board of the Madonna.com forum. Lapsed members can pay the one-off fee too to become Lifetime Legacy.

Please note that the Live Pass program is not automatically offered with each new tour (the 2019 and 2023 ones didn’t/don’t include a Live Pass program). Since we stopped taking new paid memberships back in 2009 and that there is no plan to open new registrations at this point, Classic and Gold members can’t be upgraded or join the Lifetime Legacy group.

Maybe I did it wrong but I remember trying to do this and it asked for member # which I had since 1993 and when I gave it I was only able to get a classic membership. 

7 hours ago, konfideinmenow said:

I wonder how many songs will be actually live? How many will be drowning in AutoTune? Will we be watching a 64 year old lip to vocals recorded 30 years ago? 

And the complaining about a tour that’s not even fully conceptualized yet has officially begun…

1 hour ago, me1981 said:

Maybe I did it wrong but I remember trying to do this and it asked for member # which I had since 1993 and when I gave it I was only able to get a classic membership. 

If you didn't pay them a one time fee, then you would simply be reduced to a Classic membership, which entitles you to nothing but maybe a percentage off of merchandise. 

That being said, that statement that was made at the ICON fan club, which@andifeelprovided above, was made at the time when morale in the fan club was at its lowest.  Up to that point, Icon failed to deliver for several years for a paid membership.  For several years, the fee kept increasing, but fans were getting less and less.  The Icon magazines started never coming and eventually went digital.  The promised gifts ended up being cheap and cheesy.  (Anyone remember the plastic "Sticky and Sweet" ring that was gifted to Icon members?  LOL).  So when Icon tried to lure people in to pay for a Legacy Lifetime membership, no one trusted them by that point.  The one time they actually came up with a great gift which was a limited copy of "Broken" on Vinyl took several years and someLegacy members never got one. 

2 hours ago, tscott said:

If you didn't pay them a one time fee, then you would simply be reduced to a Classic membership, which entitles you to nothing but maybe a percentage off of merchandise. 

That being said, that statement that was made at the ICON fan club, which@andifeelprovided above, was made at the time when morale in the fan club was at its lowest.  Up to that point, Icon failed to deliver for several years for a paid membership.  For several years, the fee kept increasing, but fans were getting less and less.  The Icon magazines started never coming and eventually went digital.  The promised gifts ended up being cheap and cheesy.  (Anyone remember the plastic "Sticky and Sweet" ring that was gifted to Icon members?  LOL).  So when Icon tried to lure people in to pay for a Legacy Lifetime membership, no one trusted them by that point.  The one time they actually came up with a great gift which was a limited copy of "Broken" on Vinyl took several years and someLegacy members never got one. 

I'm trying to remember how they accepted payment, do you remember what you had to do. I don't remember ever being given the option. Maybe it will jog my memory and allow me to remember if I simply misunderstood and screwed myself out of a legacy membership. I will say you are right though. When I was told I got a Classic Membership I just rolled my eyes and gave up, because it was almost expected back then that you would get screwed over. 

Honestly there were multiple years I and others paid for a membership and basically got little to nothing in return. That really did sour me on the whole thing. 

23 minutes ago, me1981 said:

I'm trying to remember how they accepted payment, do you remember what you had to do. I don't remember ever being given the option. Maybe it will jog my memory and allow me to remember if I simply misunderstood and screwed myself out of a legacy membership. I will say you are right though. When I was told I got a Classic Membership I just rolled my eyes and gave up, because it was almost expected back then that you would get screwed over. 

Honestly there were multiple years I and others paid for a membership and basically got little to nothing in return. That really did sour me on the whole thing. 

It was too long ago. I can't recall.  I think there was a payment method much like how you would pay for their merchandise.  Some third party company??

3 hours ago, tscott said:

I don’t even remember it happening that way. As I recall I was a member up until 2004 and when I emailed them asking about being a legacy member they told me I wasn’t eligible. So there cannot have been any option for past members to just pay and become legacy otherwise I’d be one.

In any case it was inconsistent and correspondence with emails was bad too. Everyone had an icon story back then.

That thing with the Broken vinyls was especially bad. I remember the laugher on forums when they finally received them, it was literally years later.

4 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t even remember it happening that way. As I recall I was a member up until 2004 and when I emailed them asking about being a legacy member they told me I wasn’t eligible. So there cannot have been any option for past members to just pay and become legacy otherwise I’d be one.

In any case it was inconsistent and correspondence with emails was bad too. Everyone had an icon story back then.

That thing with the Broken vinyls was especially bad. I remember the laugher on forums when they finally received them, it was literally years later.

I was a member 1993-2006 and gave up as appeared she would never come back to Australia - now a classic member, ah well 

9 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t even remember it happening that way. As I recall I was a member up until 2004 and when I emailed them asking about being a legacy member they told me I wasn’t eligible. There cannot have been any option for past members to just pay and become legacy otherwise I’d be one.

I had forgotten about it, but now that @andifeelmentioned it, I recall the invite to be a Legacy member.  The thing was, a lot of people were fed up with the fan club.  Most people didn't think it was worth it anymore, so they left.  At the time, they didn't announce what the membership gift would be, but most people just brushed it off since the earlier gifts were cheesy.  Then at some point they announced the "Broken" limited Vinyl release.  Many people were pissed off.  Though like I mentioned, it took them two years to send it out and I don't believe all the Legacy Members got one.

13 minutes ago, Madonna Wannabee Collector said:

I thought they said to pay a one time 20 dollar membership fee and your a legacy member. that was it. 

But some of us were 13 back then and didn’t even have a credit card. It’s unfair that we can’t have access to presales not even paying anymore. I’m as much a fan as any legacy member and so are most of us

54 minutes ago, tscott said:

It was too long ago. I can't recall.  I think there was a payment method much like how you would pay for their merchandise.  Some third party company??

Yes, the payment for the membership renewal is by credit card, like the rest of ICON merchandise.

My disappointment for their lousy service over the years had led me to give up the chance of upgrading to legacy membership at the time. Do I regret it? Not at all to be honest. I love my Broken 12” vinyl, though. 

According to a Mexican concert leaker on Twitter Madonna has a show at “Foro Sol” on January 24th, 2024. And she’ll also be visiting Guadalajara and Monterrey in here. He could be reliable but I’m not sure. I hope it’s true and I hope I can count on someone in here to share a legacy code with me in case it’s true 🙏🏼🥺

1 hour ago, Ricardo González Anaya said:

According to a Mexican concert leaker on Twitter Madonna has a show at “Foro Sol” on January 24th, 2024. And she’ll also be visiting Guadalajara and Monterrey in here. He could be reliable but I’m not sure. I hope it’s true and I hope I can count on someone in here to share a legacy code with me in case it’s true 🙏🏼🥺

Hopefully, if someone shares their legacy code with me I’ll share it with you. And if you find one please do so with me 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic