Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

14 minutes ago, DiegoLCL said:

If there's a place in the setlist to go for a "left field" choice it is the oppening, people will eat up anything and the message of the song makes total sense to start a show with. 

And of course, very Madonna to go for Nothing Really Matters now. But yes, it is Celebration Tour  not Greatest Hits Tour. Technically she could celebrate Candy Shop, Jimmy Jimmy and Autotune Baby. :Madonna004: 

Unless it's part of the opening vidoe sequence, I don't believe the song will be performed first.  I agree it's a very thing she would pull out of the bag now.  I just don't believe she's going to perform the lesser known songs you posted though.  NRM does seem more of a likely choice since it was a released single and somewhat "hit" in some regions.  It's hardly a "greatest hits" and I agree the tour isn't necessarily a "Greatest Hits Tours" perse, rather it's a celebration of her career. That said, I'm sure the majority of the setlist will be well known hit songs. But it will never surprise me if she pulls out a lesser known song, if not choose something she favors over fans and the general public. I think Candy Shop served that position on the tours she performed that song on. It's one of her favs and she enjoys performing it, probably as much as she enjoys the more bigger hit La Isla Bonita. 

6 hours ago, stefo said:

A clue, just that, but they're obviously referring to the tour setlist.

They've been the first to change the cover and profile images with the red graphic, two or three days before the announcement of the tour in January.

They clearly have insiders and I think in the next weeks they will let us know a few more details about what's coming. Maybe in accord with her team too.

NRM and Rain would be awesome. What is DrownedMadonna these days, the facebook page?

36 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Unless it's part of the opening vidoe sequence, I don't believe the song will be performed first.  I agree it's a very thing she would pull out of the bag now.  I just don't believe she's going to perform the lesser known songs you posted though.  NRM does seem more of a likely choice since it was a released single and somewhat "hit" in some regions.  It's hardly a "greatest hits" and I agree the tour isn't necessarily a "Greatest Hits Tours" perse, rather it's a celebration of her career. That said, I'm sure the majority of the setlist will be well known hit songs. But it will never surprise me if she pulls out a lesser known song, if not choose something she favors over fans and the general public. I think Candy Shop served that position on the tours she performed that song on. It's one of her favs and she enjoys performing it, probably as much as she enjoys the more bigger hit La Isla Bonita. 

Oh, I don't believe she would do these songs too, it was an exaggeration to make a point. I do believe she will use Candy Shop though, maybe not the whole song but a sample like  "See my boot get down" on LAV from Rebel Heart Tour.

At the end of the day, it will be the big hits, LAV, LAP, EY, Vogue, Isla, Holiday, Music, Papa... more or less like every tour minus Drowned World Tour but this time without the album tracks of the current album as there is none. That will give space to do some songs that are not her biggest hits per se but, Madonna being Madonna, she will chose a minor hit she likes rather than a bigger one she doesn't (Causing a Commotion, my thoughts and prayers). 

1 minute ago, DiegoLCL said:

Oh, I don't believe she would do these songs too, it was an exaggeration to make a point. I do believe she will use Candy Shop though, maybe not the whole song but a sample like  "See my boot get down" on LAV from Rebel Heart Tour.

At the end of the day, it will be the big hits, LAV, LAP, EY, Vogue, Isla, Holiday, Music, Papa... more or less like every tour minus Drowned World Tour but this time without the album tracks of the current album as there is none. That will give space to do some songs that are not her biggest hits per se but, Madonna being Madonna, she will chose a minor hit she likes rather than a bigger one she doesn't (Causing a Commotion, my thoughts and prayers). 

Yes, I see a good chance for Everybody and Physical Attraction as well.  But I think we've both said, this tour will mostly be her "hits" which celebrate her 40 year career.  Of course, this could be very much include a number songs that may have been hit in some regions but not all. But over all, I think the idea is to include mostly songs that will appeal to the general audience, while throwing in a few songs that will please a lot of fans.  But of course, it won't be perfect, and there will always be some who will complain and she included another song over another, but she's got such a huge catalog of hits, it's hard to satisfy everyone.  Her goal is to try to satisfy the over all majority and that will mostly be the huge hits, everyone is familiar with.

4 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Yes, I see a good chance for Everybody and Physical Attraction as well.  But I think we've both said, this tour will mostly be her "hits" which celebrate her 40 year career.  Of course, this could be very much include a number songs that may have been hit in some regions but not all. But over all, I think the idea is to include mostly songs that will appeal to the general audience, while throwing in a few songs that will please a lot of fans.  But of course, it won't be perfect, and there will always be some who will complain and she included another song over another, but she's got such a huge catalog of hits, it's hard to satisfy everyone.  Her goal is to try to satisfy the over all majority and that will mostly be the huge hits, everyone is familiar with.

Yes I agree re Everybody and Physical Attraction - the press release mentioned it was a tribute to her early NYC days and those two were on both YCD and FEL too 

//orchestral atmospheric music//

"When I was very young

Nothing really mattered to me

but making myself happy

I was the only one

Now that I am grown

everything's changed

I'll never be the same

because of you"

//fade to black//

dah dah (two horn stabs)

"Ladies with an attitude

fellas that were in the mood

don't just stand there lets get to it

strike a pose there's nothing to it

Vogue"

This feel very correct as a show opening. An acknowledgement of her growth of 40 years, with a fan dedication moving straight into  the 12" of Vogue rather than the long intro version. It has more energy.

I can't see NRM being performed in full but a nod to it I can appreciate. 

1 hour ago, DiegoLCL said:

The Beast Within, Hanky Panky, Lament, Burning Up, Deeper & Deeper, Bedtime Story, Imagine performed on her last greatest hist tour with her then current flop of an album. Never trust this woman to do the expected. 

Breathwork x 10 incoming.

IF SHE STARTS with this, I would choose the Club 69 melody (no beats, just the electronic synths)

When I was very young
But making myself happy
I was the only one

Now that I am grown
Everything's changed
I'll never be the same
Because of you

Nothing really matters
Love is all we need
Everything I give you
All comes back to me

-------> back to the 80's

GET INTO THE GROOVE 

3 hours ago, PHIL said:

IF SHE STARTS with this, I would choose the Club 69 melody (no beats, just the electronic synths)

When I was very young
But making myself happy
I was the only one

Now that I am grown
Everything's changed
I'll never be the same
Because of you

Nothing really matters
Love is all we need
Everything I give you
All comes back to me

-------> back to the 80's

GET INTO THE GROOVE 

The whole entire song deals with looking back at one's life and getting what you give.

I think out of all the left field choices, this is by far the most appropriate song choice theme-wise. 

She's not gonna do the full version of most of the songs included. But if she does NRM, the bridge will be included. "Nothing takes the past away like the future" has been mentioned by her in some of her IG posts.

So far confirmed:

NRM opening song or intro 

encore: like a virgin/billy Jean king and bitch I’m Madonna 

very little confessions (maybe some tick tock sound effects and some new sorry remix parts)

Bob or someone recently confirmed holiday and Vogue 

dancer laughing video had everybody in the background 

5 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

So far confirmed:

very little confessions (maybe some tick tock sound effects and some new sorry remix parts)

And Crazy for you ? 

13 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

So far confirmed:

Nothing of this is 100% confirmed though. Where the heal did that LAV/Billie Jean rumor come from?