Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

3 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

The '3 tracks' that haven't been performed live (keyword is live - interludes are not live), on tour are singles, and classic.

Are there also non-singles included? Yes, but not those particular '3 classic tracks'. Trust me when I say it's gonna be awesome. :)

Yeah, singles and classics. I'd go with

• RESCUE ME (we asked for it so much that she quite easily considered that)
  • BAD GIRL (she took note of it in her last spring Insta video and was very requested: can you imagine listening to her singing it live? And drownedmadonna writes she is in an amazing vocal form :broken:)
  • NOTHING REALLY MATTERS (the info had already leaked, so this is the only safe one)

5 minutes ago, stefo said:

• BAD GIRL (she took note of it in her last spring Insta video and was very requested: can you imagine listening to her singing it live? And drownedmadonna writes she is in an amazing vocal form :broken:)
  • NOTHING REALLY MATTERS (the info had already leaked, so this is the only safe one)

Well I guess tour dancers wouldn't tease for free some lyrics from a classic single which appeared on some tour but NOT LIVE, BUT AS AN INTERLUDE - 'live is the keyword' - just to remind that...

13 minutes ago, stefo said:

Not realistically expecting Rescue Me, despite the fans they will say it was done on Madame X

2 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Well I guess tour dancers wouldn't tease for free some lyrics from a classic single which appeared on some tour but NOT LIVE, BUT AS AN INTERLUDE - 'live is the keyword' - just to remind that...

If you are referring to Bedtime Story you are right, it's a possibility. In case I would substitute that with Bad girl. I think Rescue me was too much requested for not being performed.

I have some fear about her younger self confrontation thing tbh :lol:  the main thing is the music anyway, I'm very positive after these first infos

Her shows are always theatrical and energetic. Bad girl and rescue me are hard songs to perform live. She never performed those on tour, what makes y’all think she’s going to challenge herself vocally and perform those songs now? I mean I love both songs but I don’t see her hitting them notes, especially in the middle of the show. 

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

i for one have zero interest in eating or drinking when ever i see madonna. my attention is on the full concert; beginning to end. i dont want to miss a single detail. interludes included.

but different strokes, different folks!

Same here, I don’t want to be bother by physical needs in the middle of Madonna. We pay a lot, suffer a lot and invest great part of our lives on her to go to the bathroom in the middle of a show. 

3 hours ago, Ekans said:

Lol just watch the show. Y’all saying you’re going to the bathroom or at the bar in possible specific parts of the show sound like some spoiled brats. It’s a fucking Madonna show! 

Yeah, I don't get this mentality?  I paid to see a show, not bow out because she performs a song I may not prefer over another or because she has an interlude or guest part of her show.  To me, it's her vision and this is how she wants us to experience her show.  I'm not taking any chance, leaving my seat, and coming back missing something that comes after.  And for these prices, I'm there to see the WHOLE show.  If I want a damn hot dog or popcorn, I'll ge that before or after the show.

29 minutes ago, broujeorbit said:

Her shows are always theatrical and energetic. Bad girl and rescue me are hard songs to perform live. She never performed those on tour, what makes y’all think she’s going to challenge herself vocally and perform those songs now? I mean I love both songs but I don’t see her hitting them notes, especially in the middle of the show. 

I wouldn’t mind at all if she lipped Rescue Me

2 minutes ago, Alex the rebel heart said:

Let's hype up!! This is a collection of all of her singles: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/447nXuE9TEMJy3ONxhQyCB?si=6343647b794e452a 

How many of them you all think she'll perfom at this tour?? There are 84 songs at this playlist...

20 singles the rest non-singles 

Rescue Me is still well within Madonna’s range it’s mostly spoken and the backing dancers can easily pad her out during the chorus. It’s really not a hard song to sing. 

I feel like Oh Father, Keep It Together and Promise To Try will be three tracks in the set list if we consider her life story. They will want to represent LAP well because if the reissues. 

I also feel Angel might get a little look in. Maybe American Pie too. 

Possible other non singles : Survival but who wants that? Something To Remember maybe. Spotlight? All autobiographical.

Nothing Really Matters, The Power Of Goodbye, Rescue Me the three classic singles never before performed on tour. 

I also don’t think classic tracks necessarily  still mean singles. 

Just now, steady75 said:

Rescue Me is still well within Madonna’s range it’s mostly spoken and the backing dancers can easily pad her out during the chorus. It’s really not a hard song to sing. 

I feel like Oh Father, Keep It Together and Promise To Try will be the three classic tracks. 

I also don’t think classic tracks necessarily  still mean singles. 

I never understood why everyone thinks it's a hard song to sing... she doesn't even have that good technique on the studio version... essentially just singing and straining. She's sang harder to sing songs live.

11 minutes ago, scion said:

Id sooner she skip than lip. I'll never see any value in her miming anything, that's just me though.

Yes, I agree.  If I want to hear a recorded version, I'd listen to the album.  I want to hear her live.  I don't care if she sings awful to it.  Of course, I prefer her to tweak it, so she can sing it comfortably.  It doesn't have to be like the original because again I can just put on the album.  But it would be awesome to hear her interpretation of the song this many years later.  She may not have the same power in her voice when originally singing it, but again she can re-invent it in a way that it could suit her voice today. 

12 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Yes, I agree.  If I want to hear a recorded version, I'd listen to the album.  I want to hear her live.  I don't care if she sings awful to it.  Of course, I prefer her to tweak it, so she can sing it comfortably.  It doesn't have to be like the original because again I can just put on the album.  But it would be awesome to hear her interpretation of the song this many years later.  She may not have the same power in her voice when originally singing it, but again she can re-invent it in a way that it could suit her voice today. 

It’s just that there’s so much more to a performance than just the vocals - especially in pop music and especially in such an uplifting song as Rescue Me. I wouldn’t mind if she lipped RM because we’d still have a live arrangement (if she has a full band this time, which I hope is happening), stage elements, dance, crowd energy and so on.

If she lipped a song that entirely depends on live vocals and emotion delivery, then it’s another story. If she performed Take a Bow or Oh Father but had to lip them then yeah I’d prefer she skipped them.

These are the only singles that fit the story:

Lucky Star

Burning Up

Angel 

Like a Virgin 

Live to Tell 

Papa Don’t Preach 

Spotlight

Keep It Together 

Oh Father 

Like a Prayer

This Used to Be My Playground 

I’ll Remember 

Bad Girl 

Secret 

Take a Bow

Nothing Really Matters 

Drowned World 

Power of Goodbye

Don’t Tell Me to Stop 

Love Profusión 

Jump

Give It to Me

Celebration 

Bitch I’m Madonna 

34 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

These are the only singles that fit the story:

Lucky Star

Burning Up

Angel 

Like a Virgin 

Live to Tell 

Papa Don’t Preach 

Spotlight

Keep It Together 

Oh Father 

Like a Prayer

This Used to Be My Playground 

I’ll Remember 

Bad Girl 

Secret 

Take a Bow

Nothing Really Matters 

Drowned World 

Power of Goodbye

Don’t Tell Me to Stop 

Love Profusión 

Jump

Give It to Me

Celebration 

Bitch I’m Madonna 

mmm theres so much more that goes with it

5 hours ago, Jackie said:

So! DrownedMadonna have revealed more details - it’s a “very long show” - bob the drag queen will be in the show - so looks to be longer than 2 hours wow - lets  hope she starts “early” lol 

IMG_9321.jpeg

I knew I was right when I saw that blurry scribbled setlist that went up to 30 songs. Meanwhile most told me "no, Madonna wouldn't do a show that long"

So that leaves us with the following rumors / observations:

Everybody (album version)
Crazy for You (sounds reinvented)
Bitch I'm Madonna (on paper)
Like a Virgin / Billy Jean (on paper)
Don't Tell Me (album version)
Nothing Really Matters (lyrics posted / DM confirmed)
Vogue (Bob confirmed)
Holiday (Bob confirmed)
A few tracks that were never singles ("setlist filled with her singles - with only a few exceptions", so more than 1)
3 "classic" singles that have "never been performed on tour" *
Hollywood and American Life are not  on the setlist
At least 1 track from Confessions
Potentially a 30 track setlist

* from my research the only possibilities are: Physical Attraction, Spotlight, Dear Jessie, Rescue Me, This Used to be My Playground, Bad Girl, I'll Remember, Bedtime Story,  One More Chance, Another Suitcase in Another Hall, The Power of Goodbye, Nothing Really Matters, What It Feels Like for a Girl. I'm stopping there because the keyword was "classic". If she's dusting off a "classic" track for fans it won't be the boring songs above like Spotlight or One More Chance.

In my opinion its Physical Attraction (she's rehearsed this one a few times on past tours but never did it), not sure if DM is counting NRM in this count - if so that's the 2nd one I believe, if not then I'd say the remaining two would be Bedtime Story (this keeps getting hinted at) and This Used to be My Playground or Bad Girl.

As far as a couple of non-single tracks, that could honestly be anything

1 hour ago, Ekans said:

It’s just that there’s so much more to a performance than just the vocals - especially in pop music and especially in such an uplifting song as Rescue Me. I wouldn’t mind if she lipped RM because we’d still have a live arrangement (if she has a full band this time, which I hope is happening), stage elements, dance, crowd energy and so on.

If she lipped a song that entirely depends on live vocals and emotion delivery, then it’s another story. If she performed Take a Bow or Oh Father but had to lip them then yeah I’d prefer she skipped them.

Well that is my point all together.  I agree. There is "more to a performance than just vocals", but why should we settle for it to be "lip synced"?  Why bother have a live band, if she isn't going to sing with it?  Why not change the key or revamp the song in a way that she can handle singing it live?  It still can have a lot of energy and stage elements, dance and crowd energy.  In fact, I've heard her sing LAP pretty bad at some concerts, but with the energy of the crowd and stage presence, how well she sings it, doesn't really matter.

She could sing it live and sound really good if she worked out the arrangement.  Back up singers can do wonders as well to help carry the song.