Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

1 minute ago, MPowered said:

What people fail to understand is, that an mRNA vaccine was never meant to prevent an infection completely.

That's basic biology and common sense. If it’s too much for people to understand, they should consider going back to school!

Jeez, then all the people I mentioned should go back to school, because that's not what they said. They probably should have asked you before they made their announcements. 

1 minute ago, adirondak said:

Pointing out lies we were either blatantly told or. incompetence that was literally revealed to us on tv does not equate to being antivax. 

Just now, adirondak said:

Jeez, then all the people I mentioned should go back to school, because that's not what they said. 

Or maybe it’s you who fails to understand how viruses and vaccines work. 🤗

2 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Or maybe it’s you who fails to understand how viruses and vaccines work. 🤗

How come none of them knew before making the announcement, again, that you would 100% not get it nor transmit it?  You're right, I don't know about vaccines. I just know when someone lies or contradicts themselves in front of my face. Sorry you don't. 

4 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Ya, up until a few years ago, that was the definition of a vaccine. And if that's the case, why didn't they say at the beginning we'd need boosters every year, as opposed to you will 100% not get or transmit the virus?

They did say that. Vaccines can only protect you against a certain virus, it can't protect you from unknown future versions of a virus. The flu has been around and mutating since the pandemic of 1918, so we've always known that vaccines would never eradicate it. It's too contagious and mutates too quickly.  But flu vaccines have saved a LOT of lives over the years. You really need to get your basic science facts down before making idiotic claims. Now, can we get back to complaining about the setlist?

1 minute ago, adirondak said:

How come none of them knew before making the announcement, again, that you would 100% not get it nor transmit it?  

Because:

a) they wanted to convince stupid anti-vaxxers to get vaccinated, so that this pandemic could end faster

b) because they were right with regards to the first covid strain. 🙃

3 minutes ago, litemakr said:

They did say that. Vaccines can only protect you against a certain virus, it can't protect you from unknown future versions of a virus. The flu has been around and mutating since the pandemic of 1918, so we've always known that vaccines would never eradicate it. It's too contagious and mutates too quickly.  But flu vaccines have saved a LOT of lives over the years. You really need to get your basic science facts down before making idiotic claims. Now, can we get back to complaining about the setlist?

I've made 0 claims about science. Ive merely pointed out that they either lied or contradicted themselves.

7 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I love when this argument comes up.

FYI, I study biology and my boyfriend is a post-doc in the field of virology specializing on zoonotic diseases like SARS and MERS.

What people fail to understand is, that an mRNA vaccine was never meant to prevent an infection completely. The early versions of this vaccine are supposed to reduce the chance of fatality, symptoms and lung damage as a result of an infection.

A virus has a very fast mutation and evolution rate. Therefore, later variants like Omicron adapted more to humans (and were able to bypass the vaccine). That is, because it had significant structure mutations that made the vaccine more or less ineffective. However, viruses tend to have milder symptoms as they mutate. Why?

It’s mainly because the less fatal a virus is, the higher is the chance that the host is able to transmit it. For omicron it was less fatal because it didn’t clog the lungs as much. Instead it stayed further up in the airways and the troat and could therefore be transmitted easier through mild coughs. Because of that it was highly infectious and ended up becoming the predominant yet less fatal cariant of Covid.

That's basic biology and common sense. If it’s too much for people to understand, they should consider going back to school!

Omg I could read this shit all day. I LOVE Virology. Though I went down a more math business career, I took several science classes and one specifically on microbiology in school. Virology was like my 2nd potential career

7 minutes ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

This tour is not just for a few thousand people that hang out on Madonna forums like us. If you want non hits and non singles you might try youtube. Thats what I do

This tour SHOULD BE for those few thousand people cause we are the clowns that have been supporting her the most.

The GP will go to a Madge concert no matter what the setlist is. She can sell tickets based on her name alone. That said, the majority of her last tours had 50% tracks that were mostly unknown to the GP. Do you really think they will demand their money back because she decided to perform Bad Girl and Nothing Really Matters over tired-ass shit like Material Girl or Music?

27 minutes ago, Andreo said:

The real question is... 

Will we get the original Like a Prayer, live with the choir and electric guitar for the very first time after almost 35 years from it release? 

It seems very possible from what we learned yesterday from the interview. My guess the visuals will resemble those from Blonde Ambition which I think is one of her greatest performances ever.

Just now, MPowered said:

This tour SHOULD BE for those few thousand people cause we are the clowns that have been supporting her the most.

The GP will go to a Madge concert no matter what the setlist is. She can sell tickets based on her name alone. That said, the majority of her last tours had 50% tracks that were mostly unknown to the GP. Do you really think they will demand their money back because she decided to perform Bad Girl and Nothing Really Matters over tired-ass shit like Material Girl or Music?

The GP will definitely want Material Girl, it's one of her biggest streaming hits. Music she could probably get away with omitting. 

Just now, adirondak said:

The GP will definitely want Material Girl, it's one of her biggest streaming hits. Music she could probably get away with omitting. 

Agree - GP will recognize everything 80's and mostly 90's - where they'll tap out is the 00's as unfortunately she didn't really have any universally strong singles.

13 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Jeez, then all the people I mentioned should go back to school, because that's not what they said. They probably should have asked you before they made their announcements. 

Do you mind taking your thoughts on the pandemic to a dark web Q-Anon forum so we can get back to discussing what color panties Madonna will be wearing opening night?

Yikes.

14 minutes ago, adirondak said:

So they lied...

Here is an interview with Fauci from the NIH as they were getting ready to roll out the vaccine:

Collins: Okay, so suppose this all looks really good and you have a vaccine that’s safe and effective, and we start immunizing people. How long will that protection last when you’ve got a vaccine? Are you going need to take it again?

Fauci: We do not know the answer to that. I mean, you can assume that you’re going to get protection at least to take us through this cycle. When you look at natural infection it’s anywhere between six months to a year.… We’re going to assume that there’s a degree of protection, but we have to assume that it's going to be finite. It’s not going to be like a measles vaccine. So there’s going to be follow-up in those cases to see if we need a boost. We may need a boost to continue the protection. But right now we do not know how long it lasts.

Source: https://newsinhealth.nih.gov/2020/08/dr-anthony-fauci-covid-19-vaccines