Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

8 minutes ago, Andreo said:

A Greatest Hits Tour featuring a rock section with a flop single and an album cut, yeah it makes sense 

gretchen base GIF

Now I wanna know what's the rest of the setlist 💀 

I’d much rather hear these two on guitar than anything from MX. These are both quality songs…

I missed RHT so I would be happy to hear Burning Up. CPG is too much of a deepcut, but if she has 1-2 places to switch the setlist up each night i’d be happy to hear it as well. #justiceforSKINthough didn’t she rehearse CPG for either MDNA or RHT?

2 hours ago, DanM said:

I missed RHT so I would be happy to hear Burning Up. CPG is too much of a deepcut, but if she has 1-2 places to switch the setlist up each night i’d be happy to hear it as well. #justiceforSKINthough didn’t she rehearse CPG for either MDNA or RHT?

She sang it in the rebel heart tour.

3 hours ago, Andreo said:

A Greatest Hits Tour featuring a rock section with a flop single and an album cut, yeah it makes sense 

gretchen base GIF

Set list Expectations:

Bad Girl, Angel, The Power of Goodbye, Nothing Really Matters, Beautiful Stranger...

Reality:

Burning Up again on guitar and Candy Perfume Girl :eyesroll:

I think she has an amazing clean and high voice in small indoors, the proof that small video, very controlled. That´s why in studio she usually sounds so good even now if she wants.

But she can´t project well or don´t have enough voice most of the times for big spaces, that´s my thought. I always loved her voice, I think as a singer studio she has been very very good and emotional and versatile and technically good specially at times, through the years. I agree her vocal technique in some tours as Blonde Ambition was not very good though.

22 hours ago, Andreo said:

gretchen base GIF

Burning Up is miles better than holiday imo just because the general public haven't made it a hit doesn't mean it isn't. If she does CPG ill be chuffed I'm gutted I missed the performance of it at Drowned World as I was not into her until my mid teens and I love Madonna on Guitar.

2 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

I think she has an amazing clean and high voice in small indoors, the proof that small video, very controlled. That´s why in studio she usually sounds so good even now if she wants.

But she can´t project well or don´t have enough voice most of the times for big spaces, that´s my thought. I always loved her voice, I think as a singer studio she has been very very good and emotional and versatile and technically good specially at times, through the years. I agree her vocal technique in some tours as Blonde Ambition was not very good though.

Literally it shouldn’t make a difference.  A correctly set up microphone means she literally wouldn’t need to project,. 

2 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

This explaination makes sense if you're an opera singer in 1789 that has to entertain a few dozen people in an auditorium with special acoustics, not in an arena with modern day tech…!

come on guys we all know M mimes or sings along with backing tracks on tours now - personally i dont care now - she doesnt seem to like the "live" sound since dwt so all im interested in now are the dancing and visuals of this tour - i would love a rescue me interlude with a pro shot video (something like BS RIT) but thats just wishful thinking ...

5 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

So how can you explain that she is so forced sounding at some of her concerst and even screams some notes when she sounds so soft and sweet at her small places vocals?

Could be a ton of things. It could be adrenaline, it could be not being able to hear herself properly, could be the tone of the song, could be trying to get the crowd going…Think S&S Borderline live vs the DVD lol. She’s not going to sing soft and sweet to a live  rock version of a song on stage. 

57 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Could be a ton of things. It could be adrenaline, it could be not being able to hear herself properly, could be the tone of the song, could be trying to get the crowd going…Think S&S Borderline live vs the DVD lol. She’s not going to sing soft and sweet to a live  rock version of a song on stage. 

So, that´s why I said from the start: she can´t sing that way at a big arena, due to several factors. Thank you.

6 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

So, that´s why I said from the start: she can´t sing that way at a big arena, due to several factors. Thank you.

Yes she can. She physically can, with the correct sound set up - but she chooses not to and unfortunately ends up pretty off key regularly.

19 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

come on guys we all know M mimes or sings along with backing tracks on tours now - personally i dont care now - she doesnt seem to like the "live" sound since dwt so all im interested in now are the dancing and visuals of this tour - i would love a rescue me interlude with a pro shot video (something like BS RIT) but thats just wishful thinking ...

She’s of course more than capable of singing beautifully live - the 2019 sound of silence performance haas some gorgeous moments. The capability is there, irs purely down to choice. Sodade is a good example of her singing live without a backing track and singing well. 

On 3/29/2023 at 11:05 AM, scion said:

Yes she can. She physically can, with the correct sound set up - but she chooses not to and unfortunately ends up pretty off key regularly.

She’s of course more than capable of singing beautifully live - the 2019 sound of silence performance haas some gorgeous moments. The capability is there, irs purely down to choice. Sodade is a good example of her singing live without a backing track and singing well. 

Madonna doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would deliberately choose to do something badly.

3 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

Madonna doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would deliberately choose to do something badly.

I don’t necessarily think she thinks her screechier or gnarlier moments sound bad, I think she thinks they sound hot, badass and full of attitude… aka the weird noises she makes during most of the electric guitar songs,  like the ‘my mieeeyiiind’ in Borderline 2008 - sounds diabolical but she did it every night because she seems to think she sounds good. 

Ask yourself, why does every other pop star that also sings live not have this issue? The issue is because she sings the way she wants to sing, but that doesn’t mean she sounds good. Her IEM is set up so she can actually choose what she wants her audio experience to be,  as can any member of the band. She will be able to hear herself perfectly, we are now decades past singers not being able to hear themselves on stage… if you want to look at Madonna who probably struggle to hear herself on stage, look back to 1987 and those Elvis sounding vocals.

On 3/29/2023 at 12:03 AM, Drownedboy said:

So how can you explain that she is so forced sounding at some of her concerst and even screams some notes when she sounds so soft and sweet at her small places vocals?

C'mon you can't compare a live arena or stadium performance versus to small places like a studio. On stage, it is far more in the moment.  While when singing in the studio, she is far more in control.  There is so much going on during a live show that in many cases artists can easily lost control of their vocals.  Especially when they are doing it night after night.  It takes a toll on their voice. 

She is capable of singing live very beautifully.  But it all depends on the song and what sort of vocals are needed for it.  This is why when she sings songs like La Vie En Rose, Sodade, and  some other softer songs, she sounds great.  But those songs are sung much softer, while she has other songs where she does sing louder and rougher do to the dynamics of the performance as well as her being in the  moment while dancing or playing the guitar.  She has acknowledge how bad she sounds in the past when she screams out certain lyrics.  But for me, it isn't a big deal because a lot of artists never sound just like a studio recorded album unless they are miming the song.  Not to say that there aren't artists who can sing perfect on stage, but many of them are just singing, and not really hopping about the stage.  Once you do that, your vocals are a bit harder to control.