Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

2 hours ago, dankpepe said:

I don't think she'll open with that because everyone will compare it to the Blonde Ambition opener and if it's not as iconic or magical as that was, then everyone will compare it to the original and say Madonna doesn't have it anymore.

She's going to probably open with a song she's never opened with before that is a mega hit.

As far as the people suggesting Nothing Really Matters, Impressive Instant, Sorry, or non-single tracks as the opener to a Greatest Hits tour, what are you guys smoking?

+1

Ok even though I am an obsessing fan I don’t really remember easily all of the openers, so here they are (I’m omitting intro videos)

“The Virgin Tour” - Dress You Up

“The Who’s That Girl World Tour” - Open Your Heart

“Blond Ambition World Tour” - Express Yourself

“The Girlie Show” - Erotica

“Drowned World Tour” - Drowned World/Substitute For Love

“Re-Invention World Tour” - Vogue

“Confessions Tour” - Future Lovers

“Sticky & Sweet Tour” - Candy Shop

“The MDNA Tour” - Girl Gone Wild

“Rebel Heart Tour” - Iconic

”Madame X Tour” - God Control

For the opening the most obvious choice would be Celebration, since it is the Celebration Tour. 
And I bet she's opening with this song! Like 99%.

As for the other songs, we know that she rehearsed Hold Tight
We know she rehearsed Candy Perfume Girl
She will probably do Everybody
She could perform Nothing Really Matters, I'm feeling that it will be in the setlist. 
Unfortunately, I'm expecting Hung Up raggaeton with Toshika, I'm expecting that atomic shit of Material Gwooorlll, and I'm also expecting that loose shit of Frozen remix. Or at least two of those three disasters. But I hope none of them.
But either way it's okay, there will be a time to play around with social media or to go to the bathroom ahah

Then on one sheet she had written "Bad Girl, Rescue Me, Like A Prayer, Physical Attraction, Human Nature, Crazy For You, Lucky Star, Erotica, Papa Don't Preach and Like A Prayer."
These were probably songs she was considering. 
I hope very much for Bad Girl and Physical Attraction.
My guess is she won't do Like A Prayer this time around, I read she stopped reharsing it, but that doesn't mean anything.
In my opinion, she will not even play an MDNA song. Or maybe GMAYL

How can she do this and not doing LAP, but it´s time for a celestial positive version. I´m a bit traumatized by this horror of specially Eurovision and met gala with its satanic mood. It´s must been in a joyful and let´s celebrate love mood.

And yes, I also expect some of those reductive remixes of the last months being part of this...

On 4/13/2023 at 12:22 PM, Drownedboy said:

How can she do this and not doing LAP, but it´s time for a celestial positive version. I´m a bit traumatized by this horror of specially Eurovision and met gala with its satanic mood. It´s must been in a joyful and let´s celebrate love mood.

And yes, I also expect some of those reductive remixes of the last months being part of this...

I agree with you, but this time we don't know if she's singing Like A Prayer. I read she reharsed and and then stopped reharsing the next week, don't know. Maybe she will sing it as a request song.

Find it very hard to believe she would leave Like a Prayer out, though I personally would love for it to happen. Can't stand how the grand public embraced that as "the" Madonna song and she went along with it creating these extreme performances over the last 15 years. Now it just sounds too corny and worn out to me.

5 hours ago, Lorx said:

For the opening the most obvious choice would be Celebration, since it is the Celebration Tour. 
And I bet she's opening with this song! Like 99%.

As for the other songs, we know that she rehearsed Hold Tight
We know she rehearsed Candy Perfume Girl
She will probably do Everybody
She could perform Nothing Really Matters, I'm feeling that it will be in the setlist. 
Unfortunately, I'm expecting Hung Up raggaeton with Toshika, I'm expecting that atomic shit of Material Gwooorlll, and I'm also expecting that loose shit of Frozen remix. Or at least two of those three disasters. 
But it's okay, there will be a time to play around with social media or to go to the bathroom ahah

Then on one sheet she had written "Bad Girl, Rescue Me, Like A Prayer, Physical Attraction, Human Nature, Crazy For You, Lucky Star, Erotica, Papa Don't Preach and Like A Prayer."
These were probably songs she was considering. 
I hope very much for Bad Girl and Physical Attraction.
My guess is she won't do Like A Prayer this time around. 
In my opinion, she will not even play an MDNA song. 

Oof, where do we start...

...Celebration would be an awful opening song. She really needs to get the show going with a proper hit. Get a similar reaction as the Reinvention Tour opening.

Choosing Hung Up on Tokischa and Material Gworlll over the originals would be enough to piss the gays off. They especially want to hear the original Hung Up, period. 

Leaving off Like a Prayer, her signature song, would be criminal. In fact, it feels like a good contender for the opener.

No one knows Hold Tight or Candy Perfume Girl lol.

I hope to God this isn't the approach she's taking, because if it is, the negative fan reviews will be very warranted this time around, I'm afraid.

I don't see a greatest hits show without LAP, I think the main reason we have grown tired of it is because of the lackluster versions she has been playing, the MX version probably being the worst ever, no melody and only those damn trap beats. LAP is about that crazy bassline and those quarter note synths building, I'll cry if she does that version again. Given the right version it could work as an opening song "I hear you call my name and it feels like home" or just use that intro and break into Celebration and do the whole of LAP as a reprise at the end

I have faith that M knows what the fans want. Her last couple of tours have been plagued by bad reviews regarding her start times and questionable set list decisions. I’m pretty sure she knows that this is her last chance to turn all that around, and quite rightly a “greatest hits” tour will certainly get her fans and the general public back on side.

Tony said in his post that this is “what we’ve been waiting for”….that would suggest hit after hit and in their original arrangements. And no Like a Prayer? Like a Prayer is a signature song of hers and had a groundbreaking video, she will definitely want this in the show. 

I think some people are taking the word “Celebration” as a nod to the song. I actually don’t think she will include the song in the show - I take it more as a “celebration” of the last four decades. 

2 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

I don't see a greatest hits show without LAP, I think the main reason we have grown tired of it is because of the lackluster versions she has been playing, the MX version probably being the worst ever, no melody and only those damn trap beats. LAP is about that crazy bassline and those quarter note synths building, I'll cry if she does that version again. Given the right version it could work as an opening song "I hear you call my name and it feels like home" or just use that intro and break into Celebration and do the whole of LAP as a reprise at the end

This is why she needs Stuart Price to make the live arrangements - he just totally gets what makes each of her songs great. Kevin Antunes doesn't! 

5 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

...Celebration would be an awful opening song. She really needs to get the show going with a proper hit. Get a similar reaction as the Reinvention Tour opening.

Choosing Hung Up on Tokischa and Material Gworlll over the originals would be enough to piss the gays off. They especially want to hear the original Hung Up, period. 

Leaving off Like a Prayer, her signature song, would be criminal. In fact, it feels like a good contender for the opener.

I hope to God this isn't the approach she's taking, because if it is, the negative fan reviews will be very warranted this time around, I'm afraid.

So right on all points - most people won't know even know Celebration 

Am sure the opening will be on the same level as Vogue for Re-Invention with a song almost as well known

2 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

So right on all points - most people won't know even know Celebration 

Am sure the opening will be on the same level as Vogue for Re-Invention with a song almost as well known

Like a Prayer feels like it could be an absolutely iconic opener and seems warranted, but if she doesn't go with that, I'm hoping for Hung Up. That would be such an epic opening. Do the original and set the tone for the entire show -- That she's here to do the hits the way the fans and gays have wanted for all these years. Get the party started right. 

This photo is TRULY amazing!! I can TRULY feel her power and energy!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSS AGELESS GODDESSS!!!! Look at her TRULY beautiful slim body!!! This is power of her famous popcorn diet!!! I TRULY love this photo!!!!!!!!

FB_IMG_1681410688334.thumb.jpg.d6cc0c46a0a0a1f5bb3fb4062a90d750.jpg

Edited by teammadonna (see edit history)

Look at her TRULY beautiful Silky smooth skin!! I TRULY T.R.U.L.Y. love love love this photo so much!!! Her face is TRULY gorgeous!!!!!

Madonna in this picture TRULY looks like Isabelle Adjani  in the movie Margot! I TRULY love this picture!!  People TRULY would believe it if someone said it was taken in the 1990s! TRULY love this photo!!! 

FB_IMG_1681410684346.thumb.jpg.a728088a0db81d47485a8735c7d9f9c9.jpg

La_reine_Margot_Queen_Margot-isabelle adjani.jpg

Edited by teammadonna (see edit history)

6 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Like a Prayer feels like it could be an absolutely iconic opener and seems warranted, but if she doesn't go with that, I'm hoping for Hung Up. That would be such an epic opening. Do the original and set the tone for the entire show -- That she's here to do the hits the way the fans and gays have wanted for all these years. Get the party started right. 

Like a Prayer feels like a moody song to open with. I'm getting bored of Madonna opening concerts with a dark or dark religious opening. I'd like to have her start where her career started with an upbeat 70s/80s club scene.

I would like to see Like a Prayer reinvented into more of a rock version (not Madonna playing guitar) but a guitarist really laying into the electronic guitar with a big guitar solo like it's talking to Madonna during the bridge to make it more epic mixed with a choir.

19 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I agree with you, but unfortunately it will start with Celebration 99%.
Let's start to get used to it.
She will piss off fans for Material Girl and Hung Up.
No LAP. But there will be other gems, maybe things never done on tour like NRM and TPOG.
She will definitely do Human Nature again.

Let's see, it could have a set list with bad moments but still be a wonderful show.

16 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

MX version was awful, totally agree.
It could be a great opener.

4 hours ago, dankpepe said:

I would like to see Like a Prayer reinvented into more of a rock version (not Madonna playing guitar) but a guitarist really laying into the electronic guitar with a big guitar solo like it's talking to Madonna during the bridge to make it more epic mixed with a choir.

It would be epic