Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

12 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

I'd say it is probably ITG, those two first notes (of the TIC version) are sooooo iconic, plus the song is actually about getting up on your feet and stepping to the beat

TIC version is a remix that sounds straight from 1987.

The Into the Groove that people love is the sleazy synth sounding one from 1985. The original.

15 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

I'm not gonna go there in my mind but I am a tiny bit concerned with Bob being at rehearsls, I think as an opening act he would be really enjoyable but I really really hope we don't get anything like the pride performance, I can't with those kind of energy dips. But let's wait and see

I think he will be like the MC of the show, showing up between segments, introducing each one

11 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

TIC version is a remix that sounds straight from 1987.

The Into the Groove that people love is the sleazy synth sounding one from 1985. The original.

I was talking about the intro, but the notes are the same nonetheless :lol: the YCD and TIC version have a more dramatic intro with the notes being isolated and M's voice acapella which would be a likely option for an opening song. Intro aside the TIC version is a monstrosity and axing the middle 8 of that song is a crime!

8 hours ago, androiduser said:

Bob being announced in the press release and in the official tour posters/banners indicates that he is an integral part of the show.

True, even though if I go on individual sites of the venues that sell tickets there is no mention of him, at least in my region. But it is interesting nonetheless, she has always brought talent with her and showcased them in her show. Isaac, Kalakan trio, batucadeiras orchestra etc and it is always a highlight imo, so who knows

5 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

I have the feeling she could be doing her show in a kind of live musical biopic with many references to her life and career and looks. Like a Broadway show with her hits but telling her story.

I was actually thinking this concept today. Meh, I feel like this is an option and I don't know how I think about it. 80s, 90s, 00's, 10's and 20's?

Tony has been giving hints on his IG, and based on his captions, I think Madonna has rehearsed some songs, but who knows if they make the final cut on the setlist, OR if she plays them at different legs of her tour when she goes to other countries/continents. 

People think that Tony is hinting Music, but I really think he's hinting Impressive Instant because of the comet ("comets shoot across the sky") and rocket emojis he used in the caption. He also captioned, "This is what you have been waiting for," which is similar to her lyric, "You're the one that I've been waiting for." Everyone would freak out, and the first few notes are a dead giveaway. 

He posted a Danceteria picture, and I think without a doubt, she'd be playing her first, debut single, Everybody. 

1 hour ago, Lucky Star said:

Tony has been giving hints on his IG, and based on his captions, I think Madonna has rehearsed some songs, but who knows if they make the final cut on the setlist, OR if she plays them at different legs of her tour when she goes to other countries/continents. 

People think that Tony is hinting Music, but I really think he's hinting Impressive Instant because of the comet ("comets shoot across the sky") and rocket emojis he used in the caption. He also captioned, "This is what you have been waiting for," which is similar to her lyric, "You're the one that I've been waiting for." Everyone would freak out, and the first few notes are a dead giveaway. 

He posted a Danceteria picture, and I think without a doubt, she'd be playing her first, debut single, Everybody. 

Impressive Instant a greatest hit. It would be taking the place of another greatest hit if included in the set list which would defeat the object. 

On 4/9/2023 at 4:19 PM, Redha DBL said:

I have the feeling she could be doing her show in a kind of live musical biopic with many references to her life and career and looks. Like a Broadway show with her hits but telling her story.

yes or some kind of a mix with Broadway / Drag Queen show.

On 4/9/2023 at 10:19 AM, Redha DBL said:

I could see something like this, but executed in a more abstract kind of way. Non-linear.

29 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

Impressive Instant a greatest hit. It would be taking the place of another greatest hit if included in the set list which would defeat the object. 

I don't think it's mean to be taken too literally or rigidly. Sure, the tour has been advertised as a "greatest hits" tour, but it's really a tour celebrating the milestone of her 40-year career since she debuted with her first album. As she said, “I am excited to explore as many songs as possible in hopes to give my fans the show they have been waiting for." There's no doubt she'll perform fan favorites and songs they have been longing to hear for a while, MAYBE even new songs in the works.

The tour is named after her compilation album and single from 2009, and there's no doubt she'll be performing that song. Impressive Instant, like Celebration, charted at number 1 on the Billboard Dance chart, so why not? She could be performing songs that she included in Finally Enough Love. Even as remixed songs, they were still hits. Plus, she always wanted to release it as a single, and she's always been unpredictable or unconventional, so it's not like she'd be following her own rules anyway. She could just make a mashup like she tried to do with Burning Up for S&S, so it's not like she'd have to replace another hit. I still think Tony's post was a not-so-subtle hint that it's Impressive Instant. For all we know, she could possibly ask a fan to request a song to perform like she did in S&S, so with a big catalog, I'm sure she'd practice and remember the lyrics in case. We'll just have to see! Only 96 days left before she performs opening night.