American Life: Mixshow Mix RSD 23

roberMDNA

My "problem" with the new cover is that it just looks a little bit fan made or a promo cover (maybe that's the point). Too simple. But I'm sure it will look better in real life.

They didn't have many options for it, though, if they wanted to follow the original artwork. But even something like this (or one of the little images apart from the original "AL" album and single covers) could have worked:

gi84trg710v81.jpg

Vinyl prices are crazy lately but hers in particular are completely ridiculous. The "Erotica" 3-track picture disc was 35 $/€/£ and it's now widely discounted everywhere cause it's simply too much and there are lots of unsold copies. 6 months later.

Now 38 pounds for this new one, a single standard back vinyl?

2 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

Cheeky c_nts.
Vinyl prices have gone up so much in the UK. Usually when things become more popular their prices should decrease.

They're taking the piss now. I reckon they're testing the waters to see what they can get away with. I'll wait for it to show up on Discogs for cheaper. 

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

Vinyl prices are crazy lately but hers in particular are completely ridiculous. The "Erotica" 3-track picture disc was 35 $/€/£ and it's now widely discounted everywhere cause it's simply too much and there are lots of unsold copies. 6 months later.

It’s definitely her or the label.

For instance, Alison Goldfrapp’s new ALBUM on heavy weight vinyl is a mere £22.99. 

On 4/14/2023 at 11:14 PM, Prayer said:

How dare you! :bubblebitch:

Some fans in here claimed that this release had generated HUGE interest and they are afraid these 17,000 copies (more than any RSD M-related release in the past) may sell out quicker than the ray of light.

Hence, they are VERY worried they won't be able to get a copy. :drama:

10 hours ago, Prayer said:

My "problem" with the new cover is that it just looks a little bit fan made or a promo cover (maybe that's the point). Too simple. But I'm sure it will look better in real life.

They didn't have many options for it, though, if they wanted to follow the original artwork. But even something like this (or one of the little images apart from the original "AL" album and single covers) could have worked:

gi84trg710v81.jpg

I get what you are saying as there could have been other images to choose from, but maybe they wanted to keep it simple so it wouldn't be confused with the actual American Life album.  I prefer a new boxset/expanded set of the original album include all that you mentioned. 

And I agree with you regarding the prices for Vinyl. So expensive.  Some of her Vinyl prices are ridiculous.  Hard Candy is over $200 now.  Even the Interscope albums seem a bit pricey compared to some of her classic albums. 

5 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

It’s definitely her or the label.

For instance, Alison Goldfrapp’s new ALBUM on heavy weight vinyl is a mere £22.99. 

Alison’s RSD EP is €21 and it has 4 tracks. Björk has 2 and it’s €32. 
I’m not saying AL is not expensive, but it’s basically a mini album with 8 tracks more than an EP and RSD releases are usually more expensive than regular releases. 

1 hour ago, tscott said:

I get what you are saying as there could have been other images to choose from, but maybe they wanted to keep it simple so it wouldn't be confused with the actual American Life album.  I prefer a new boxset/expanded set of the original album include all that you mentioned. 

And I agree with you regarding the prices for Vinyl. So expensive.  Some of her Vinyl prices are ridiculous.  Hard Candy is over $200 now.  Even the Interscope albums seem a bit pricey compared to some of her classic albums. 

Hard Candy (like Celebration) is not longer in print. Same for MDNA and Rebel Heart, that’s why they are way more expensive than her classic albums that had reissues for years. Madame X is around €30, way less than most recent albums from other artists (Beyoncé’s latest album is over €70 in Europe for some strange reasons). 

8 hours ago, Prayer said:

It's already selling form more than twice that :) 

Screenshot 2023-04-15 092950.jpg

24 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Hard Candy (like Celebration) is not longer in print. Same for MDNA and Rebel Heart, that’s why they are way more expensive than her classic albums that had reissues for years. Madame X is around €30, way less than most recent albums from other artists (Beyoncé’s latest album is over €70 in Europe for some strange reasons). 

Exactly.  So the copies that are available are just the few that are either used or unopened copies.  I suspect Madame X could become very expensive in the next year or so when new copies are no longer available.  It's already seeing a $40 price tag on new copies.  That's excluding the more limited versions which are going for much higher.

46 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

It's already selling form more than twice that :) 

Screenshot 2023-04-15 092950.jpg

Which only proves this one is in high demand.  Of course, it could change if the RSD release isn't as successful in selling as many copies as it anticipates.  We'll have to see.  But those who want a copy, I wouldn't wait around for a drop in price, but be leery of those selling much higher.

1 hour ago, tscott said:

Which only proves this one is in high demand.  Of course, it could change if the RSD release isn't as successful in selling as many copies as it anticipates.  We'll have to see.  But those who want a copy, I wouldn't wait around for a drop in price, but be leery of those selling much higher.

Alot of sellers price high until it gets released then prices come down as everyone is in a madrush to sell. Happens every RSD