POPULAR

30 minutes ago, TOpher said:

Let’s hope for a top 40 at least, then the top 20, top 10. It’s a pretty low start considering it’s a Weeknd track? Hopefully it picks up 

They aren’t really promoting it, it seems.

No video and M didn’t even post about it until the day it came out?

She seems much more vested in Popular.

The Weeknd, Playboi Carti & Madonna’s “Popular” Ranks As Pop Radio’s Most Added Song

The collaboration tops this week’s pop radio add board.

The Weeknd, Playboi Carti & Madonna’s “Popular” is winning support at the pop radio format.

Picked up by 43 Mediabase-monitored pop stations, the collaboration ranks as this week’s most added song.

A new playlist option for 35 stations, Calvin Harris & Ellie Goulding’s “Miracle” ranks as second-most added.

Dua Lipa’s “Dance The Night” earns third on the Mediabase add board with 27 pickups, while an add count of 26 slots Lil Durk’s “All My Life (featuring J. Cole)” in fourth.

Each added by 21 stations, Fifty Fifty’s “Cupid” and OneRepublic’s “RUNAWAY” tie for fifth.

https://headlineplanet.com/home/2023/06/06/the-weeknd-playboi-carti-madonnas-popular-ranks-as-pop-radios-most-added-song/

I watched the first episode of The Idol, it's terrible. I feel bad for Lily Rose Depp, she does her best but the cast is bad, the lines fall flat and the worst of them all is Abel, he's not as mysterious, dangerous and sexy as he thinks he is and you can clearly see his intentions more than him incarnating them. It's full of cliches and kind of pointless. Sometimes it's even ridiculous like most scenes with Abel. I love Euphoria but this is very bad.

46 minutes ago, f78k said:

The Weeknd, Playboi Carti & Madonna’s “Popular” Ranks As Pop Radio’s Most Added Song

The collaboration tops this week’s pop radio add board.

The Weeknd, Playboi Carti & Madonna’s “Popular” is winning support at the pop radio format.

Picked up by 43 Mediabase-monitored pop stations, the collaboration ranks as this week’s most added song.

A new playlist option for 35 stations, Calvin Harris & Ellie Goulding’s “Miracle” ranks as second-most added.

Dua Lipa’s “Dance The Night” earns third on the Mediabase add board with 27 pickups, while an add count of 26 slots Lil Durk’s “All My Life (featuring J. Cole)” in fourth.

Each added by 21 stations, Fifty Fifty’s “Cupid” and OneRepublic’s “RUNAWAY” tie for fifth.

https://headlineplanet.com/home/2023/06/06/the-weeknd-playboi-carti-madonnas-popular-ranks-as-pop-radios-most-added-song/

That’s good news!

38 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

I watched the first episode of The Idol, it's terrible. I feel bad for Lily Rose Depp, she does her best but the cast is bad, the lines fall flat and the worst of them all is Abel, he's not as mysterious, dangerous and sexy as he thinks he is and you can clearly see his intentions more than him incarnating them. It's full of cliches and kind of pointless. Sometimes it's even ridiculous like most scenes with Abel. I love Euphoria but this is very bad.

It sounds like he’s trying to pull a Purple Rain but has ended up with Glitter

33 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

well even top 50 its good

there no payola on radio

If it’s getting radio ads it may move up. I do think this song is better than the first single from the album. As there’s no planned video I imagine it’s not a priority to her which is a shame really as it’s a great song.

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

If it’s getting radio ads it may move up. I do think this song is better than the first single from the album. As there’s no planned video I imagine it’s not a priority to her which is a shame really as it’s a great song.

we will see in predictions points is there any radio projections on it or it was based only on streaming sales / data

cause there was  very small amount of airplay in first 3 days of release

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

It sounds like he’s trying to pull a Purple Rain but has ended up with Glitter

And to make sure we know that, Prince is all over this episode, two posters from Purple Rain are in joss (Lily Rose) house, they discuss him being the greatest, Abel mentions When Doves Cry and Darling Nikki plays on the end titles. Yep he wants his Purple Rain butthat's his Grafitti Bridge/Glitter. Even great actors like Eli Roth (is he playing Guy Oseary ?), Jane Adams or Hank Azaria (faking an accent again) are absolutely bad. Troye Sivan is sometimes good, sometimes bad, i guess it's because of the direction, he was so good in Three Months. They all seem clueless about what they are doing. And since it's 2023, of course it's an inclusive cast, which is great but so redundant now, like a Benetton ad in the 80's, it seems more forced and gimmicky than really inclusive.

6 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I only see a huge head everytime that he appears on scene. 

take in account that Weekend 2! previous singles Creeping and Die For U in top 20 (#10 & #12)

it still gets great numbers from streams and airplay (Creepin is in power rotation right now)

"Double Fantasy"  1st single from IDOL ost cant fight it too 

its already depart from hot 100 and drops from radio (It was released like 1 month ago)

aand new Dua Lipa single from Barbie

"Dance The Night" debuted this week at #43

and payola with radio and playlists was like insane :Madonna003:

So Madonna numbers is just fine

1 hour ago, Andreo said:

I can't believe it's barely making it in the top 50, after the first day I was already expecting a granted top10, how is a Weeknd single making so few streams??? 

I reckon if Madonna's name wasn't attached to this song, it would of done better. They still hate Madonna in the US after American Life.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic