The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

15 minutes ago, missberic said:

I think the complaints about the missing narrative are based on the fact that at the beginning the show seems to run chronologically through her career, but then it doesn't. It sounds like she is going to talk to the crowd about different times of her life, but then she doesn't. Bob looks like he is going to glue the show together and kind of introduce each act to the audience, but then he doesn't. It just goes from random NY speech to political statement to dominatrix to ballad to country girl to party time with no link whatsoever.

I agree that Bob having more passages talking about her life/career would make things clearer but people are already complaining and wanting him out as it is, imagine if there was more!

But it does go somewhat chronologic 80s fun > 80s rebel > 90s transgression > 90s, 00s Spirutal Awakening and broadment of her career > Present: Bitch She's Madonna and she's not going away soon.

4 hours ago, DiegoLCL said:

But it does go somewhat chronologic 80s fun > 80s rebel > 90s transgression > 90s, 00s Spirutal Awakening and broadment of her career > Present: Bitch She's Madonna and she's not going away soon.

Yeah and I think it ironically fits all the crritics about the quality of the finale after such a show. It portraits exactly what many of us feel not about her recent works (Rebel Heart and Madame X were good, with some problems but much much better than the previous two) but about her recent artistic choices (singles, looks, collabs). It tells exactly what her evolution is.

4 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

She rehearses that song for every damn tour (yes, even Madame X). :kiss2:

Two last questions at this point, then I'll stop molesting you, I promise  :lol:

Is it true that Papa don't preach was rehearsed in full and, if so, in wich point was it considered to be? And in wich point she was thinking to perform Oh father? 

Thanks man, this thing has been definitely nicer because of you.

Candy Shop needs to never ever appear on a Madonna tour again. It’s not a terrible song but it just isn’t as good as she thinks it is.

I'm so glad it was cut but I really hope Oh Father, Sorry and maybe something else gets added back in.

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

Human Nature was absolutely pointless in that segment to be honest. I find it so strange to hear her sing Crazy For You to her Dominatrix self.

Agree.

1 hour ago, IconicQueen said:

It could've ended with BIM as far as I'm concerned, not a big fan of the song but that felt like a better proper ending than the addition of Celebration and Music, which they managed to make it all underwhelming.

Yeah, additional elements were too much. Bitch I'm Madonna (with GMAYL elements) is decent.

Maybe the song isn't really a proper closer for anybody, but after performing so many iconic hits, it kind of makes sense.

1 hour ago, ShantiAshtangi said:

I think is could easily be achieved by moving things around a little. I must admit that I find the first segment a little weird. NRM sets a beautifully mystic tone which isn't picked up. Instead, she leaved after just one song for a costume change only to come out again and perform some of her biggest classics from the 80s.

I'd say by moving the BS–ROL–Rain-section to the front right after NRM and moving Everybody—ITG–OYH–Holiday to the end (between BIM and Celebration), she'd solve the issue by creating a much better flow musically and by having the biggest party hits right at the end.

Agree. While I don't mind the 80s hits being performed at the beginning, certain 80s hits should have been added to the final section.

At some points the show becomes too moody and dark. While I love Dita era in general, I found the sex section a bit boring at some points. Justify My Love should have been mixed with Erotica, because it goes nowhere and trying to turn "Hung Up" into slutty bop was pointless. During those moody performances, the show felt disconnected with public. Even Bedtime Story, and I am glad she performed it. With a different order of songs, especially the 80s throughout the setlist, the whole show would have been more exciting. 

As I said before, the ending needs more to it. I think if she did Bitch I'm Madonna, then Celebration with a quick short medley of other songs not in the show (similar to the RHT medley but dancier and quicker - Lucky Star, Dress You Up, Material Girl, Express Yourself, Music - maybe even just sing the main line of each song as each song's costumed dancer is center stage) then finish up Celebration it would work better.

Nothing Really Matters does seem weird and out of place when she goes for a costume change so she could do the 80s hits.

However, the show is about time traveling, so I assume it represents the future and that's why it wasn't followed by some other suggested songs like Bedtime Story or Ray of Light which would fit nicely.

3 minutes ago, IconicQueen said:

"When I was very young...nothing really mattered to me...now that I'm grown.." NRM makes perfect sense as an opener, do people really not see it?

Now that I am grown … I run around and sing "bitch I'm Madonna, na nananana." :D

26 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Papa Don't Preach was at some point rehearsed in full (well, not completely in full, but not just a string arrangement) but having 4 "complete" True Blue songs on the tour was not gonna cut it IMO. 

I might compile a list of what songs and elements didn't make the tour if anyone has any interest in it, I don't see the problem. :)

And thank you for your words, it's a fun time to be a Madonna fan! :kitty:

That would be so awesome. I’d love it!! Thank you!! 🙏💃💝🕺🏼🪩🙏🕺🏼💃💝

7 minutes ago, IconicQueen said:

"When I was very young...nothing really mattered to me...now that I'm grown.." NRM makes perfect sense as an opener, do people really not see it?

I didn't question the song itself, but it being like one song for one section with a certain vibe.

I already explained what its role was.

2 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

She rehearses that song for every damn tour (yes, even Madame X). :kiss2:

5RZY.gif

I’ve never been a fan of Candy Shop but then she performed it like this. She’s made me eat my words a lot over the years. I learned the hard way to never discount anything. And I do love that she’s not bending to her fans on it. Whether we like it or not, she’s going to do what she wants.  I love that about her. It’s a good lesson for everyone to do what you want in your careers etc. even if many don’t agree! 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)