The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

43 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Amazing!!!! I can’t believe this wasn’t pointed out before!!

See this further convinces me that all of us that are picking it apart based on shitty phone videos and livestreams really really need to wait until we experience it (if we’re able to) to make a proper judgement.

The Runway Mix of "Human Nature" would have been a nice surprise.  And could have worked with "Rescue Me" for the whole 90's controversy moment. Making it more clubby and c*nty. But I understand why she showcased the darkness of it all for that particular segment. A full on remixed Finally Enough Love Tour would end me.

20 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

See this further convinces me that all of us that are picking it apart based on shitty phone videos and livestreams really really need to wait until we experience it (if we’re able to) to make a proper judgement.

I agree. It’s going to be so different when seen in real time and/or when the film of it is released. We’ll see it as it’s meant to be seen in more detail and clarity. Plus the show will only get better the more it’s performed. 

20 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

The show is amazing, AMAZING.

What I can’t believe is how long is it going to take to get a new album. 

We know she worked on something. The rumour she was busy in the studio was circulating so let's be positive we won't have to wait too long to have esome new music. In the meanwhile, definitely yes: the show is amazing!

7 hours ago, McDonna said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but did we get an official reason why she ended with Rain last night (2nd show?).  I know many speculated it was due to curfew or some camera issue, but has anything been officially stated??

And thank you to all the wonderful members posting all the footage from the concerts.  It's so great to see so many different perspectives, different angles, etc.  Over all, the show is really great.

O2 Arena has curfew at 22:30. And in Sundays they are particularly strict on it. Sundays here are 'festive' so usually those who work are doing part time jobs. If you are doing a full time it will be consider a holiday pay (1 time and half more than your hour rate)

Even High street shops open at noon and close by 6. The last tube from the area ends early too. (You have warnings already during the BS )The council is always really strict on noise after certain time because of it.

Going over 10 minutes the time means, people will need to get paid, those that can't make it home reimburse for transport etc.

On a Friday night they might be  easier but Sundays they will just pull the plug even if she was hanging from the ceiling.

2 hours ago, MikeyK said:

I think it was pointed out immediately no? But it is indeed one of the many self referential bits that make this show great.I’m really curious if the more general fans would pick up in these. Also I’m really pleasantly surprised that none of the reviews so far have called her out in not playing certain big hits in favor of doing some deeper cuts. 

On 10/15/2023 at 7:03 PM, eXtremeOccident said:

Then why do we not ever hear of this happening for Beyoncé, Taylor, Kylie, Lady Gaga, Dua, Ariana, or countless others?

Not defending M's lateness as I am too annoyed by it but out of this list, only Taylor, Dua, and Kylie are known to be consistently punctual. The rest have caught shit for being late many, many times. 

Also, really begging and pleading for people to understand why Bob is there. 

Drag queens are under attack. The LGBTQ+ community is under attack. It means everything to have not only one of the biggest artists in history but one of the biggest allies in history platforming a drag artist. Not only is integral to her own personal story as that is the world that creatively raised her, it's integral to her commitment to be a defender of communities that need defending. 

Put aside whatever your silly little beefs with his segments are look at the bigger picture here. Now more than ever we need to see LOUD and PROUD displays of every aspect of queer culture and that includes drag. For some of you not in the US it may be hard to understand why this matters so much but this community is being well and truly targeted in a political witch hunt across the entire country. 

Bob needs to stay. Period. End of story. And anyone saying he should go really needs to step out of their Madonna pop show bubble and have a look at the real world going on around them. 

13 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

Also, really begging and pleading for people to understand why Bob is there. 

Drag queens are under attack. The LGBTQ+ community is under attack. It means everything to have not only one of the biggest artists in history but one of the biggest allies in history platforming a drag artist. Not only is integral to her own personal story as that is the world that creatively raised her, it's integral to her commitment to be a defender of communities that need defending. 

Put aside whatever your silly little beefs with his segments are look at the bigger picture here. Now more than ever we need to see LOUD and PROUD displays of every aspect of queer culture and that includes drag. For some of you not in the US it may be hard to understand why this matters so much but this community is being well and truly targeted in a political witch hunt across the entire country. 

Bob needs to stay. Period. End of story. And anyone saying he should go really needs to step out of their Madonna pop show bubble and have a look at the real world going on around them. 

Tbh I loathe drag shows and all of that scene (simply not my cup of tea). I was reluctant and worried about Bob's presence on the show but it actually doesn't botter me. I thought he'd be doing stand up in between acts or something but fortunately I was wrong. Not gonna say I love having him there but it doesn't annoy me at all. And if it helps the LGBT community then even better. 

4 hours ago, Voguerista said:

Yeah lots of the choreo are homage to previous ones. Holiday , Don't tell  Me, I even feel like the LAP part with the dancers in windows reflects the Human Nature boxes.

2 hours ago, Immaculate said:

Now I understand why they say BIM is a terrible closer. The concept of having drag queens in her iconic career costumes is nice, but the performance is awful. It seems entirely improvised, as if she's trying it on stage for the first time. Furthermore, it's a short and really low-energy closing, almost like a transitional moment, as if she's taking a rest before another performance. She could have closed it differently, especially considering the other performances on the tour are significantly more energetic.

It has nothing epic, nothing impressive. It's just a bad moment.

5 minutes ago, Lorx said:

Now I understand why they say BIM is a terrible closer. The concept of having drag queens in her iconic career costumes is nice, but the performance is awful. It seems entirely improvised, as if she's trying it on stage for the first time. Furthermore, it's a short and really low-energy closing, almost like a transitional moment, as if she's taking a rest before another performance. She could have closed it differently, especially considering the other performances on the tour are significantly more energetic.

It has nothing epic, nothing impressive. It's just a bad moment.

I dunno. After seeing a proper video instead of the one from the attic. I think is fun and a nice goodbye song. It's at the end of the day a chanting hype song for her.

People are getting too embroiled in reorganizing this show like it's the same than any of her previous ones. And is not. For so many reasons. The clue is in the title, is a celebration of her career , is like a party is thrown at her. And she goes with the flow and enjoys it.

That's why Bob is there, that's why there's so many clicks and pops. And I think her face and silly dancing swinging at the end while chanting BIM reflects that. It brings that sweet Madonna, more vulnerable, just having fun. I find it really touching.

She has long period of resting time, enough for costume change and have a breather. And she has and MC and dancer supporting her and taking traction from her. So she can enjoy as well being celebrated. I think it works in both ways.

This might sounds like a silly question ,but does anyone know how do you get to the A SECTION in front of the main stage? do you have to walk that whole labyrinth and pass in the middle through the pits? or do they let you enter from the side, so from under that little stair which connects the side catwalks to the main stage?

IMG_0776.jpeg.609e1b38c035cd37e22ccd222b81cdb7.jpeg

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic