The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

On 10/24/2023 at 2:28 PM, Blue Jean said:

It was just amazing. I’ve read some negative comments about the show from fans and I just think who are these people? Is it because they can’t accept Madonna being 65? Or they just are so miserable they can’t enjoy anything anymore?

The show is truly flawless. The vocals were also perfection and I believe it is because Stuart Price knows how to arrange the music to suit her. For not one second did I think about the fact there is no band. The whole thing feels very live. The staging is elaborate and the theatric jaw dropping. The use of the stage and catwalks is perfectly executed.

The only thing I don’t like is the MJ thing. We didn’t need 5 minutes dedicated to another artist. Something similar to the Prince moment would have been enough. I also feel she should have done Like a Virgin. Its absence was felt.

In terms of concerts I have seen though irl this was the greatest. And I have seen MJ, Prince, Bowie, Beyonce, Kylie, Janet, Mariah… all of them. How it rates against other Madonna concerts I am not sure yet and I don’t want to rate it too soon. But it’s definitely in the top 5. Of course BAT, TGS and Confessions are difficult to top because her physical ability was insane in those times. So her performance can never compare. But creatively speaking this show is right up there.

I think most of those negative thoughts come from fans who haven't seen it live. Going in I started to like the setlist but was also still sceptical, all that went away as soon as Bob came through the crowd. Even his inclusion feels really suited, someone mentioned the girlie show clown before and to me it was exactly that but in reverse, one person peeping up everywhere in different guises, like a subconscious or the personification of the GP. It just really really worked well up to the point where they descend into the stage simultaniously. The setlist is superb, it lacks many hits but boy does it give back. I just think the last bit is a bit fragmented with an interlude then BS (which also feels like an interlude because you're basicly watching a screen) then two songs and another interlude (the MJ is indeed stupid) but then the impact of all the M clones rising up at once makes up for all of it. Also how beautiful is the duet dance of M with the shadow during Rain. It's been three days but it's still so impressive to me. We can't compare this tour to BA, just as you couldn't compare WTG to anything later, she is a different person and we are living in a different time. But in the here and now I can't imagine what type of show could possibly top what she is serving us now

Show this to all those people who are saying its all lipsync, Vogue in Antwerpen and she forgets the first few lines here, no backing tracks here and you can clearly hear her start singing a few lines late...

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJKFsw7B/

11 hours ago, stefo said:

She describes her character very much founded on the 90s, with a particular presence of the Erotica imaginary: a lot of those dancers are dressed with costumes from Vogue to Music. I mean, we have Mae Morabito and no Madame X :lol:

Anyway, if she would have put on something similar, with a proper costume (I wanted the male suite), performing Express Yourself with her old selves, this show would have been perfection!! (BIM is weak) 

I had the same thoughts but later I realised that it actually works better both for the setlist and the iconic looks. Hits like EY, LS, Music, MG are all in the collective memory same as a lot of outfits that are missing (EY, SOL, DSS, WTGT, etc) if she would have played TIC with some additional hits no one would "miss" anything same with the outfits, now you're immediately thinking of all the ommisions at the same time you are reminded of all the songs and era's that most people forgot about.

Also I love that the Punk Met gala look is there, I live for that look

3 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Thanks to the tour we know that she would have started the biopic just around Pre-Madonna, it would have included the AIDS crisis and judging by the poster and the homage to the 90s heavy setlist, the movie would have tackled the Sex era and motherhood ROL. 
Who knows, maybe she will still find someone who will finance this with her directing it. 

It depends, I think she needs a good screen writer to give an "honest" portrayal of her while still painting her in a positive light.

One idea I had that would be interesting would be what if the movie opened with her hospital scare from this year, her getting rushed to the hospital, going into an induced coma then in that coma she has a flashback of her life which then is the movie, at the end of the film she has a super fast flashback of everything but is woken by the kiss of an "angel" on her lips (could be implied that this is Martin Burgoyne or her mother while 'Angel' plays in the background similar to her Michael Jackson interlude on the Celebration Tour). Since it's a dream, it could be a way to mesh various time periods all into one film.

I don't see the need of a movie after this tour, honestly. It can never top it. While she mastered the music video format and a movie should be great, this live show is a perfect combination of everything she's always done best in her career. Songs, visuals, dancing, show, lights, sound... It's truly her biopic... her story... her legacy... in her own terms.

But a TV series instead would be wonderful. :Madonna003::Madonna009:

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I don't see the need of a movie after this tour, honestly. It can never top it. While she mastered the music video format and a movie should be great, this live show is a perfect combination of everything she's always done best in her career. Songs, visuals, dancing, show, lights, sound... It's truly her biopic... her story... her legacy... in her own terms.

But a TV series instead would be wonderful. :Madonna003::Madonna009:

I agree with all of this. But give me the autobiography too. I've been screaming this from the beginning. Base all the movies and shows and plays and musicals from that.

51 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

One idea I had that would be interesting would be what if the movie opened with her hospital scare from this year, her getting rushed to the hospital, going into an induced coma then in that coma she has a flashback of her life which then is the movie, at the end of the film she has a super fast flashback of everything but is woken by the kiss of an "angel" on her lips (could be implied that this is Martin Burgoyne or her mother while 'Angel' plays in the background similar to her Michael Jackson interlude on the Celebration Tour). Since it's a dream, it could be a way to mesh various time periods all into one film.

I think that's a genius idea. But I also think that this would work wonderfully in book form!

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic