The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

Yeesh I hope that pic of the audience was early and it filled out a bit by showtime. Didn’t think sales were that bad.

Was looking at other upcoming shows. I can’t believe how bad Mpls/St. Paul is. 😧 Cleveland on the other hand is surprisingly good. I would’ve assumed the reverse tbh.

I wonder if they had to make an agreement w/whoever is insuring the tour to not cancel any rescheduled dates, unless an absolute dire emergency.

So... Bob the Drag Queen has announced his solo tour starting in Australia in July. So I guess that means the tour WILL NOT continue until the summer.

It doesn't mean she can't do South America in May. Maybe even Pacific/Asia in June and early July, and that is why Bob is starting from Australia? Wishful thinking? Is the tour really ending in April?

7 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

So... Bob the Drag Queen has announced his solo tour starting in Australia in July. So I guess that means the tour WILL NOT continue until the summer.

It doesn't mean she can't do South America in May. Maybe even Pacific/Asia in June and early July, and that is why Bob is starting from Australia? Wishful thinking? Is the tour really ending in April?

According to some rumors/hearsay on twitter she was going to Brazil in November. Seems strange to take a break that long but who knows.

22 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

According to some rumors/hearsay on twitter she was going to Brazil in November. Seems strange to take a break that long but who knows.

That sounds weird indeed. Taking a break would be good though, especially if she intends to reintroduce the section that was cut.

49 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Start time 10.10pm apparently 

And everyone was in a great mood. I heard all through the venue on my way to my seat people mentioning her tardiness and no one seemed upset, they were all prepared. Most people weren't there until around 9:15 or 9:30 everywhere, it was over half empty when Mary Mac went on and almost full when she was off

51 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Yeesh I hope that pic of the audience was early and it filled out a bit by showtime. Didn’t think sales were that bad.

Was looking at other upcoming shows. I can’t believe how bad Mpls/St. Paul is. 😧 Cleveland on the other hand is surprisingly good. I would’ve assumed the reverse tbh.

I wonder if they had to make an agreement w/whoever is insuring the tour to not cancel any rescheduled dates, unless an absolute dire emergency.

It was full save for one or two patches in a few sections of the upper tiers. My photos were WAY before she went on. 

I'm going to use this as an opportunity to reiterate what I have been for months: most people in the US these days wait until the last minute to get their tickets. I was checking Ticketmaster from my seat and every few minutes dozens of seats were getting snatched. They wait for prices to drop. 

She is not playing to half empty rooms. Some cities just aren't selling out until the buzzer. There were even people at the box office buying tickets once 8:30 passed and Ticketmaster stopped selling through their website. 

3 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Bobs australian dates are only 1 week long though so it doesn’t really mean Celebration cant continue through summer 

2 hours ago, MikeyK said:

I think they already culled the shows not worth doing when they rescheduled the dates.

I was reading up on Pittsburgh and apparently lots of artists sell badly there including Guns n Roses.

9 hours ago, dankpepe said:

Review:

REMOVED QUOTE FOR SPACE

Hung up had verry loud backing tracks last night from the video's ive seen. But she can be perfectly heard in Burning up , Open Your Heart, Live to Tell, Bedtime Story and even that Nothing Really Matters video on your instagram... maybe the sound was to loud last night. Some dates had that same issue, the sound itself being so loud that her vocals got a bit lost in the mix and she can't hear herself. Some dates she speaks about it to the person who's in charge of sound. 

Anyway hope you had a great time, even if there where some sound issues...

5 hours ago, dankpepe said:

doors opened at 7:30pm.

Inside I got my free gift bag. All I got was a cheap bag, a flimsy hat, a lanyard, and a picture.

Walked around the arena to get a drink. Beers at the one stand were $19.

I guess you purchased a VIP package. I wonder if it's necessary to collect the gift before the show, or can people collect it afterwards?

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if she took a break and then did another round of this tour. It’s the Celebration tour for her fans afterall.

True. She could take a 6 month break then start a whole new stint w/LatAm. Maybe Glasto in between will come true as well.