Rio de Janeiro live May 4, 2024

Journalism with special coverage

RJ2 will be presented direct from Copacabana

After 12 years, this is Madonna's fourth stint on stage.

Brazil, who has performed in the country with 'The Girlie Show' tours, in

1993, 'Sticky and sweet tour' in 2008, and 'MDNA' in 2012. That moment,

of course, there will be special coverage of Globo journalism. Since

Madonna arrived in Rio de Janeiro, Globo TV journalism accompanies

its movement around the city in local and network newspapers and during

every Saturday, the 4th, the day of the show, brings all coverage in its newsreels and

in flashes on the schedule, with the service of the show, guiding the

population on how to get to Copacabana and the residents of the neighborhood

on the closure of streets, updating on the transport scheme

and security and showing the arrival of the public to the event with the help of the

Globocop. night, Monica Teixeira presents RJ2 direct from Copacabana.

All week, GloboNews will have a reporter at the door of the hotel

to keep up with Madonna's schedule. On Saturday, from the morning,

reporters will follow all the movement in the neighborhood and, during the

show, the channel will have a reporter in the Copacabana sand and another in

a strategic point, with a privileged view of the entire beach. 4: 30 p.m., no

day of the show, GloboNews 'special' Madonna effect ' will show how

the artist, with 65 years of age and more than 4 decades of career, follows

mobilizing crowds around the world, beyond its importance

politics; the fäs movement; and its artistic influence, which revolutionized

industry of great concerts, leaving a legacy for new artists, today

consecrated. Among the interviewees, the singers Luísa Sonza, Luiza Possi and

Daniela Mercury; Cecilia Madonna Young, writer, singer and daughter

Fernanda Young; Luiz Oscar Niemeyer, responsible for bringing the

Celebration Tour to Brazil; Mariana Lins, University researcher

Federal of Pernambuco, author of the thesis ' the aestheticization of politics in

performance by Madonna'; Mary Gabriel, author of newly released

biography 'Madonna: a rebellious life'; in addition to fans and collectors.

1 hour ago, blondebenji said:

hey guys, If any super fans are travelling form the UK to see the concert , i have a mate who has scored to cover the Gig for the UK i-newpaper.  All expenses paid.  So lucky.  he's lookimg to interview some super fans who are over to see the convert.  If anyone is interested just pm me and i will share details.

Well, I'm not from UK but Im a big fan from Rio... if he wants that profile, I'm up for that interview! And I'm also with a friend who's coming from US arriving tonight!

6 minutes ago, luis-rj said:

Well, I'm not from UK but Im a big fan from Rio... if he wants that profile, I'm up for that interview! And I'm also with a friend who's coming from US arriving tonight!

Awesome.  I will check with him.  Not sure if the paper wants a UK person cause its a UK paper.  But will let you know,.  Thanks again

1 hour ago, Andymad said:

Serious question, because this is a live broadcast, I wonder if there are rules in place for her to start the show on-time :Madonna001:

I think so!

The fact that there's a dedicated slot on Globo (not just Multishow, but the main, over-the-air, channel) for the concert makes me think that it was a condition for their negotiation to go forward that delays would not be tolerated (or at least not to degree that they usually happen in the other gigs).

Also, they have always promoted the 9:45/10 pm starting time, not the 8-something (that never happens) hahah

1 hour ago, lennyleonard said:

I think so!

The fact that there's a dedicated slot on Globo (not just Multishow, but the main, over-the-air, channel) for the concert makes me think that it was a condition for their negotiation to go forward that delays would not be tolerated (or at least not to degree that they usually happen in the other gigs).

Also, they have always promoted the 9:45/10 pm starting time, not the 8-something (that never happens) hahah

Oh damn. Hair and makeup at 2pm come on M LETS GO.

4 hours ago, Andymad said:

Serious question, because this is a live broadcast, I wonder if there are rules in place for her to start the show on-time :Madonna001:

Globo said that the concert will start a 21:45. Usually this was the time on tour. Anyway I think with live show they have to be more flexible, It's really not important what they have to broadcast after her. 

10 hours ago, stefo said:

So apparently she is going around Rio with straight hair these days ... if she performs live with the Berlin hairstyle it will kill me :hearteyes:

The London hairstyle was the best. Nearly straight and not too voluminous, but wavy (I'm not knowledgeable about hairstyles and might be using technically incorrect terms).

I don't remember when, but after a few show, they started giving her too much volume and instead of being just wavy with small curves, her hair began to form prominent curls. And also, at some point, huge regrowth.

In some shows, the hair came back a bit less puffy, but the trend was to make it very voluminous.

She doesn't have a slim face, so in my opinion, she looked much better in London with her hair wavy but straighter.

Berlin hairstyle was good too, though.

GOSSIP GOSSIP 

Exclusive: It's going to be samba! #Madonna has reserved a special moment for the closing concert of #TheCelebrationTour, this Saturday,  on Copacabana Beach. A group of drummers made up of 20 children, all rhythm players from #RioCarnaval samba schools, under the command of #PretinhoDaSerra, will play while the artist interprets one of her hits. The youngsters are already rehearsing and had the opportunity to meet the #QueenofPop at the Copacabana Palace, where she is staying and rehearsing. What a moment! Those backstage said that the diva threw herself into the samba when she heard the drums... be warned that she's going to be very emotional! #cantwait #madonnacelebrationtour #madonnainrio

IMG-8396.jpg 

• Enrico changed the title to Rio de Janeiro live May 4, 2024
  • RUADJAI featured and pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic