Madame X Perfume..... Why?

Piksel8

1 hour ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I’ll pass. It’s not just about price, I’d happily pay twice as much for a Louis Vuitton. But what is this? How much lower can her standards for design and packaging go? I thought her single artworks were rock bottom, but this is a new low.

It’s not that I can’t afford this, it’s that I refuse to pay for low quality product just because it has my favorite artist’s name on it. They’re probably making it a limited edition of 400 knowing damn well they can’t even sell a 1000 or this.

frankly with this climate, I’m cheap. I live in Canada and that price is triple the amount here (not really but it feels like it). 

Nobody, absolutely nobody demanded for this. So it just boggles me as to how this came out all of a sudden. And as for the bottle... it’s the most generic casing out there. She’s consumed a little too much of those Rose’ wines she’s been sipping.

24 minutes ago, Craigypants said:

Unfortunately it is NO LONGER about the music. Why, Just Why?

You know what, I'm Going to rant for a minute.

Give the fans what we want. This pisses me off so much. Her whole team need to go. Guys time is up. How many simple and useless mistakes has he made? I've lost count. The fans can do a better job with her whole entire catalog. The upscales on here are professional quality and the record company or her can't even give us a remaster. Celebration was another useless disaster, Especially the DVD. Simple stupid errors on the CD from Erotica, Cherish and Music. Some of those tracks sound worse than other copies we already have. I don't believe they were ever Remastered from the Originals, That was some Bullshit marketing. I hated the Packaging as well it looked so cheap. They couldn't even get the songwriting credits right. ?‍♂️ Give US SOMETHING. how hard would it have been to just Upscale those 2 bonus performance's from Truth or Dare of Hanky Panky & Like a Prayer? They exist I had them On VHS. Sony just did a fantastic upscale of Mariah's Daydream concert from 1996, So there is NO REASON it can't be done. The Confessions tour already exists in HD, How hard is it to throw it on Itunes? Easy Money.

All the tours should be in HD.

Find that bloody Blonde ambition Tour Paris Concert and scan the negs for a 4k Release. 

Re-Invention was shot on Film in Paris again, Where is that? Besides Don't Tell Me A Secret, They have it.

Give us some Digital Eps of at least the 38 Top Ten Singles with all the remixes. Surely its not that hard.?

Ok, Im Done.

Period GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

2 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

You know, if she’s trying to spread her brand and make more money, releasing that Like A Prayer boxed set would make more sense.

She herself said : « It’s always been about the music. »

That bottle of eau de toilette begs to differ.

It's an Eau de Parfum ?

2 hours ago, Craigypants said:

Unfortunately it is NO LONGER about the music. Why, Just Why?

You know what, I'm Going to rant for a minute.

Give the fans what we want. This pisses me off so much. Her whole team need to go. Guys time is up. How many simple and useless mistakes has he made? I've lost count. The fans can do a better job with her whole entire catalog. The upscales on here are professional quality and the record company or her can't even give us a remaster. Celebration was another useless disaster, Especially the DVD. Simple stupid errors on the CD from Erotica, Cherish and Music. Some of those tracks sound worse than other copies we already have. I don't believe they were ever Remastered from the Originals, That was some Bullshit marketing. I hated the Packaging as well it looked so cheap. They couldn't even get the songwriting credits right. ?‍♂️ Give US SOMETHING. how hard would it have been to just Upscale those 2 bonus performance's from Truth or Dare of Hanky Panky & Like a Prayer? They exist I had them On VHS. Sony just did a fantastic upscale of Mariah's Daydream concert from 1996, So there is NO REASON it can't be done. The Confessions tour already exists in HD, How hard is it to throw it on Itunes? Easy Money.

All the tours should be in HD.

Find that bloody Blonde ambition Tour Paris Concert and scan the negs for a 4k Release. 

Re-Invention was shot on Film in Paris again, Where is that? Besides Don't Tell Me A Secret, They have it.

Give us some Digital Eps of at least the 38 Top Ten Singles with all the remixes. Surely its not that hard.?

Ok, Im Done.

#fanslivesmatter  :)

2 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

You know, if she’s trying to spread her brand and make more money, releasing that Like A Prayer boxed set would make more sense.

She herself said : « It’s always been about the music. »

That bottle of eau de toilette begs to differ.

This!!!!!!!! If she goes back to release those promo box sets and promo limited edition or hell even color/splatter vinyls for each album, she’d be making far far more, instead of letting it be listed on eBay by scalpers for 3000

On 10/13/2020 at 10:18 PM, Piksel8 said:

frankly with this climate, I’m cheap. I live in Canada and that price is triple the amount here (not really but it feels like it). 

Nobody, absolutely nobody demanded for this. So it just boggles me as to how this came out all of a sudden. And as for the bottle... it’s the most generic casing out there. She’s consumed a little too much of those Rose’ wines she’s been sipping.

I totally agree. It’s too expensive, probably won’t reflect the quality for the price compared to similarly priced perfumes from big names like LV, Chanel, Tom Ford and the likes, nobody even wanted this, and it’s terribly packaged and promoted with a horrendous image.

Theres literally nothing good about this and I’m the type that pre-orders every edition of an album but this is a BIG NO from me. She could’ve made far far more money from re-releasing LAP or Celebration box sets or some color/splatter vinyls for her past albums, but no they had to make something nobody cares in the cheapest quality possible. 

It’s not that much for a high end scent. The perfume is made by IIUVO, that’s how much their perfumes retail for. In fact, any non-mass market fragrance is at least that.  Diptyque eau de parfum is the same price and probably not as nice  .. and something like Frederic Malle runs over £500 a bottle. If you understand the process of how luxury fragrances are made and the ingredients, you’ll get it. If you don’t care, then it’s not for you. But it’s not a bad price. It’s not like you’re buying Clinique from Macy’s. 

she pisses me off. What is the point of this project. She's fucking rich. She doesn't need the minor profit of 400 bottles of perfume will bring her. It's totally ridiculous. It may not even be profitable between the cost of development and the packaging (even if it's horrible). These projects are so ridiculous. If only no one would buy this shit! It would calm her down

22 minutes ago, Prayer said:

No one forcing you to buy it, right?

I'm not interested either but some reactions are just too much. 

Asking for a book that she should gave it for free to the ones affected by the cancellations, 200$ and for a cheap bottle another 200 is the only thing here that is 'too much'. It's obvious that she wants to have the same income as before, but with less effort. I can understand it, because age is a fact and u she can be tired of touring and promoting non stop like before. But we are not silly. 
If nobody buy this mess, maybe she and her team will react... but I'm sure that she will have at least 400 collectors that will kill for this lazy effort. 

35 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Asking for a book that she should gave it for free to the ones affected by the cancellations, 200$ and for a cheap bottle another 200 is the only thing here that is 'too much'. It's obvious that she wants to have the same income as before, but with less effort. I can understand it, because age is a fact and u she can be tired of touring and promoting non stop like before. But we are not silly. 
If nobody buy this mess, maybe she and her team will react... but I'm sure that she will have at least 400 collectors that will kill for this lazy effort. 

I understand (and share) your point of view but it's all business in the end. Surely there is an comunication issue in how her team handles everything right now but she's always been like this: practical.

Personally, while I don't share it or enjoy it, just like all the MDNA Skin, gyms, etc. ventures, I don't mind it? I mean, you can easily ignore it. Most popstars have all kinds of brands: clothes, perfumes, make up... Madonna only started doing those after her divorce to get her money back (so blame Guy Ritchie? :lol:).

Until 2012 she only did H&M, Motorola, GAP, Max Factor, Pepsi (ahem)... and those few random Japanese commercials in the late 80s and early/mid 90s. That's not a lot for 25 years of mega-stardom.

36 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I understand (and share) your point of view but it's all business in the end. Surely there is an comunication issue in how her team handles everything right now but she's always been like this: practical.

Personally, while I don't share it or enjoy it, just like all the MDNA Skin, gyms, etc. ventures, I don't mind it? I mean, you can easily ignore it. Most popstars have all kinds of brands: clothes, perfumes, make up... Madonna only started doing those after her divorce to get her money back (so blame Guy Ritchie? :lol:).

Until 2012 she only did H&M, Motorola, GAP, Max Factor, Pepsi (ahem)... and those few random Japanese commercials in the late 80s and early/mid 90s. That's not a lot for 25 years of mega-stardom.

The brands that u commented (Motorola etc), were big before her, and she gave her image only to their good organised campaigns, with new photoshoots, etc... all her efforts as her own brand are lazy, recycled, and damaging 'Madonna brand' on a long term, and they are really expensive!

How exactly does this affect anyone's life? Is anyone forcing you to fork our the money for this or are some people upset because it's a Madonna product they'd like to have but can't afford? It's business in the end. Do you think Rihanna became world's richest female musician because of her record sales? I think not. This faux outrage circle jerk that happens every time Madonna lifts a finger these days is exasperating as it is baffling. I understand 2020 has been a wild ride but to display this level of anger over a celebrity releasing another overpriced product would surely be an indication that one's life and priorities are in dire need or re-examination. :lol:

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I agree. No one is being forced to buy. Other singers have their own product lines. Sure, Madonna's are not as accessible given the prices (both of this perfume and MDNA Skin products) but as you argued before, she's really not in these kind of ventures for charity. And that's ok. The backlash on her social media is really depressing, though. People need to calm down and move on if not interested. Corona has set people off for sure... conspiracy theories, online bullying, yikes!

Guest Nobody Knows Me
8 hours ago, Craigypants said:

Sony just did a fantastic upscale of Mariah's Daydream concert from 1996, So there is NO REASON it can't be done.

Just curious, was that tour shot on film or video camera?