Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

52 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

I assumed so. They’re louder and have slightly better sound quality than some of the tracks.

That release is so weird. About half the tracks, including the dubs, are noticeably louder than the others. Not sure what was going on there.

They didn’t remaster anything. They’re just louder. 

52 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

They didn’t remaster anything. They’re just louder. 

Idk why they released it like that. Seems like a quality control issue.

And it’s not just on that. The Burning Up/Physical Attraction has that issue, and others. I’m pretty certain the file they uploaded for the PA 7” edit is from the Japanese singles box set from the mid 90s.

But then things like the Everybody and Gambler singles get these nice, crisp hi res lossless remasters. It seems random.

1 hour ago, Starchild said:

According to you... It's my least favourite of the bunch.

And it's so great to finally have Stuart's mix on streaming.

Yes, just my opinion.

I know most prefer Stuart’s mix and I, too, am happy they are up for streaming.

Hopefully one day her entire catalog will be.

1 minute ago, MattyMads said:

A great release my favourite mix is the Deepsky remix my only moan about the release is I wish they would label track 1 as the radio edit .

Yep, it also happened with the "American Life" digital single for some reason, the "Radio Edit" wasn't labeled as such.

How great was the "Hollywood" single artwork?

LmpwZWc.jpeg

LmpwZWc.jpeg

LmpwZWc.jpeg

Genius.

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Yep, it also happened with the "American Life" digital single for some reason, the "Radio Edit" wasn't labeled as such.

LmpwZWc.jpeg

LmpwZWc.jpeg

LmpwZWc.jpeg

Genius.

The artwork is one of my favourites of hers. I have to admit I didn't discover the Deepsky mix until the American life Mixshow release it's like hearing new music for me, I love it I can't believe this gem was around for so long.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Genius.

It really was a breath of fresh air after the dark moody imagery of the album and AL single, as well as being a pre-cursor to the Xstatic Process project.

5 minutes ago, Ayham said:

I love Love Profusion artwork feels refreshing! I just love when an artist choose not to include their pic on a cover! 💥

Good for you! :smile:

I remember back then both were a little bit disappointing. "Nothing Fails" cause the picture was amazing but tiny and lots of random lyrics just thrown in your face:

LmpwZWc.jpeg

The inner was much better:

LmpwZWc.jpeg

And "Love Profusion" was just boring IMO:

LTk5OTEuanBlZw.jpeg

The UK and European "Love Profusion" was a happy medium:

LTExMjQuanBlZw.jpeg

And again, she used those GAP pictures foreeeever since Summer 2003, also on the "Remixed & Revisited" EP in October so it was all a little "again?" by the time "Nothing Fails" and "Love Profusion" were released later.

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Good for you! :smile:

I remember back then both were a little bit disappointing. "Nothing Fails" cause the picture was amazing but tiny and lots of random lyrics just thrown in your face:

LmpwZWc.jpeg

The inner was much better:

LmpwZWc.jpeg

And "Love Profusion" was just boring IMO:

LTk5OTEuanBlZw.jpeg

The UK and European "Love Profusion" was a happy medium:

LTExMjQuanBlZw.jpeg

And again, she used those GAP pictures foreeeever since Summer 2003, also on the "Remixed & Revisited" EP in October so it was all a little "again?" by the time "Nothing Fails" and "Love Profusion" were released later.

If we had @aldo back then. 😌

so I guess M was having a Britney moment of recycling pics! 🤣🤣🤣 that pic was soooooo airbrushed!!! 🌫️

11 minutes ago, Ayham said:

If we had @aldo back then. 😌

so I guess M was having a Britney moment of recycling pics! 🤣🤣🤣 that pic was soooooo airbrushed!!! 🌫️

#LeaveAldoAlone

BabyishSecretGalapagosalbatross-max-1mb.

Recycling pics? She's ALWAYS done that.

Mom has been smart since always! For some reason (well, for ONE reason: $) a lot of videoshoot pictures and magazine photoshoots (paid by the magazines probably?) were later used for single covers - in this case maybe she secured the rights of the pictures for later use too so it was free for her in the end? Cheap smart mom.

Examples:

Covers made from stills taken on previous video shoots:

220px-Madonna,_Vogue_cover.png

From the "Express Yourself" video.

OC00NjQ4LmpwZWc.jpeg

From the "Bad Girl" video.

LTQ1MTQuanBlZw.jpeg

From the "Secret" video!

Covers made from magazine photoshoots:

Madonna,_Nothing_Really_Matters_cover.pn

Madonna_-_Die_Another_Day.png

And of course the 2003 GAP pictures used on "R&R", "Nothing Fails", "Love Profusion"...

Actually "Hollywood" was also from this photoshoot:

W-April2003-Madonna-Web_1800x.jpg?v=1613

Loved this comment from an user on PopJustice:

I can't help but think of the delicious synchronicity of the "Hollywood" remix EP dropping on the same day that Hollywood actors union went on strike. How could it have hurt them when it looks so good?

Meta-mom! Soundtrack to our lives.

The digital EP is charting on iTunes worldwide, as usual:

#1 Greece

#2 France

#6 Italy

#7 Spain

#20 Brunei Darussalam

#34 Canada

#34 United Kingdom

#50 Australia

#55 Germany

#61 United States

10 hours ago, MikeyK said:

Idk why they released it like that. Seems like a quality control issue.

And it’s not just on that. The Burning Up/Physical Attraction has that issue, and others. I’m pretty certain the file they uploaded for the PA 7” edit is from the Japanese singles box set from the mid 90s.

But then things like the Everybody and Gambler singles get these nice, crisp hi res lossless remasters. It seems random.

They’re like that because they are different transfers. Most streaming apps have sound leveling so I don’t think there’s an issue. 
Everybody and Gambler are terrible attempts at remastering. They’re heavily distorted 

38 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Madonna not using the picture of her on a Hollywood film set for the single cover of her new single "Hollywood" but using it for her flop single Love Profusion.

Mess.

Love Profusion is actually a great song.  Madonna had trouble with charting after American Life but her music has been stellar for the most part. Personally, I prefer Madonna's last three albums to her first three and I was definitely around and on board for them all.  Lol

6 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Love Profusion is actually a great song.  Madonna had trouble with charting after American Life but her music has been stellar for the most part. Personally, I prefer Madonna's last three albums to her first three and I was definitely around and on board for them all.  Lol

okay

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW