Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

6 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I doubt they even have the files,same as Warning Signs

Some fans expect them to still have them or have them in decent quality

When the same Madonna team has been caught getting files from questionable audio sources

It’s been confirmed over and over that the digitalized Madonna catalogue is surprisingly well kept. Much better than most legacy artists. 
I’m not sure what these questionable sources are

4 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

It’s been confirmed over and over that the digitalized Madonna catalogue is surprisingly well kept. Much better than most legacy artists. 

Lossy sources on finally enough love,back that up to the beat seemingly being messed up by the masters...check the mixing discussion

15 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Lossy sources on finally enough love,back that up to the beat seemingly being messed up by the masters...check the mixing discussion

Finally enough love has 50 tracks on it and there are two high quality lossy songs one of which is a demo. I would call that laziness not lack of material.

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

Where has it been confirmed though ? To my knowledge M has never spoken about her archives or what’s in them and the state of them in terms of video and audio -  All she says was that  her clothes from video shorts and performances are in an archive in Brooklyn ? being the perfectionist she is I doubt she would let them get in poor state and at the end of the day I doubt she has as much unreleased stuff as what Prince has ? 

4 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Where has it been confirmed though ? To my knowledge M has never spoken about her archives or what’s in them and the state of them in terms of video and audio -  All she says was that  her clothes from video shorts and performances are in an archive in Brooklyn ? being the perfectionist she is I doubt she would let them get in poor state and at the end of the day I doubt she has as much unreleased stuff as what Prince has ? 

Confirmed by the leaks, the in-house CDs, the official releases in the past couple years. 

2 hours ago, Roy said:

The ROL HD remaster is okay. Audio and video are out of sync but all in all, it's good.

If our standards are audio and video being out of sync equates to “good” then Houston , we have a problem 😂

Love you Roy and glad you are back by the way ❤️

1 hour ago, Roy said:

Well... if it was really kept well, how come CDs like the Los Angeles Soundboard of DWT ended up on eBay? I am curious about how that happened.

I imagine that everything has been backed up digitally on a server.

A lot of those in-house dvd’s and cdrs were marked with the date 2007, so wouldn’t be surprised if Warner cleaned house not just as an internal measure, but also because of M’s departure. There isn’t a need to keep things on physical media. They prob placed those discs in a “free for all” box in the break room after they ripped them 🙃

5 minutes ago, deathproof said:

But couldn’t they have sourced a better quality copy of the video version of Open Your Heart? It sounds like they ripped a compressed video from YouTube.

Exactly. And the rest.

One of the mixes on the true blue anniversary was also bad quality I believe. The audio nerds will be able to list the rest.

35 minutes ago, deathproof said:

But couldn’t they have sourced a better quality copy of the video version of Open Your Heart? It sounds like they ripped a compressed video from YouTube.

The could have. I suspect they didn’t have that mix handy and they just sourced it from the beta master which they also used for the upscaled video.

After all we’re talking about 40 years of music and thousands of mixes and edits and masters and so on. There’s gonna be some glitches every now and then. 

33 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Exactly. And the rest.

One of the mixes on the true blue anniversary was also bad quality I believe. The audio nerds will be able to list the rest.

Some fatalists here were quick to judge and claimed some of those mixes were lifted from the German yellow cd singles but that has been debunked. They used their in house transfers like they did for all the promo remixes that were released digitally for the first time

19 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Some fatalists here were quick to judge and claimed some of those mixes were lifted from the German yellow cd singles but that has been debunked. They used their in house transfers like they did for all the promo remixes that were released digitally for the first time

Interesting. Personally I never noticed these quality issues and am only commenting based on what the audio nerds post here. So perhaps you are right.

The HD videos though , I can absolutely agree are hit and miss. The Papa don’t preach upload is noticeably bad. Ray of light is out of sync.

So for sure they do not have these videos properly archived otherwise they’d be transferred from a master tape in every case and this stuff would be 100% pristine.

17 minutes ago, subversive said:

Why don't they update the whole discography and end with this? Like back in 2005  (¿?) when they update her albums to iTunes. I don't remember very well, was a press conference with Steve Jobs?

They fucked that up 🤣 and still haven’t corrected all of it. Immaculate Collection still has some of the incorrect version.

And remember that Madonna.com promo with Up Down Suite & Rescue Me remixes! So misleading! We didn’t get those on iTunes till 15+ yrs later

15 minutes ago, subversive said:

Why don't they update the whole discography and end with this?

Maybe because it helps with slowly introducing her back catalogue to the next generation. If they just dump it all out there they won’t be getting songs regularly highlighted in the new release sections on streaming services . There’s actually a lot of people that discover music and artists that way.

6 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Interesting. Personally I never noticed these quality issues and am only commenting based on what the audio nerds post here. So perhaps you are right.

The HD videos though , I can absolutely agree are hit and miss. The Papa don’t preach upload is noticeably bad. Ray of light is out of sync.

So for sure they do not have these videos properly archived otherwise they’d be transferred from a master tape in every case and this stuff would be 100% pristine.

I think they are using a master tape to make these upscales. It’s obvious for vids like Express Yourself & NRM. It all comes down to the quality of the upscaling. I hate to have to applaud a good upscale lol, but some are better than others. And some, I’d rather watch the standard definition video.

7 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Maybe because it helps with slowly introducing her back catalogue to the next generation. If they just dump it all out there they won’t be getting songs regularly highlighted in the new release sections on streaming services . There’s actually a lot of people that discover music and artists that way.

This is very obvious and I find it odd that some still can’t comprehend this? 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW