Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW

New_Boy

8 hours ago, Prayer said:

Well @deathproofwas right.

Confirmed on Pop Justice, "This Used To Be My Playground" digital single out at midnight.

245049275147.png

01. This Used To Be My Playground

02. This Used To Be My Playground (Long Version)

03. This Used To Be My Playground (Instrumental)

They're giving us goods lately ❤️ I'm so pleased. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW

Time for her team to sort out her Spotify again.

Move ‘Love Profusion’ & ‘Don’t Tell Me’ from the albums section into her singles.

Put ‘Lucky Star’, ‘Rain’, ‘Deeper & Deeper’ & ‘‘Everybody’ into their correct year of release. 

Would be nice if they included Impressive Instant also in this, they released *promo only* remixes in some of the singles so she could just put this on streaming too WITH A SINGLE COVER after all this years. Not very possible and i don't think they will but still... Madonna loves the song apparently. 

8 hours ago, Frankito said:

I love the number 10 in her name

Oh gosh, I instantaneously thought about an "omega" (the last Greek letter) placing the O from her name since this letter is often related to endings (and this song's plenty of ending references). I mean, handwritten capital omegas, with the horizontal trace below the circles (you obviously need to read the MADONNA name as it's placed in the cover to get the actual reference).

Naturally also that the 40's pin-up cards had often O's written as omegas as the strokes to write the latter letter are more expressive than the omicrons that are written same as Roman alphabet O's.

And fun fact, as @Régine Filangeand other Greek Infiniters can testify, Madonna's name in Greek is MANTONA, with the digraph NT to do the /d/ sound, given the delta letter has the sound of English "th" as in "that," and an omicron instead of an omega, just like happens to every modern foreign name when adapted to the Greek alphabet.

59 minutes ago, roberMDNA said:

Would be nice if they included Impressive Instant also in this, they released *promo only* remixes in some of the singles so she could just put this on streaming too WITH A SINGLE COVER after all this years. Not very possible and i don't think they will but still... Madonna loves the song apparently. 

Totally necessary in my opinion even if they just use the promo cover just like finally enough artwork. I hope for GHV2 Megamix and Broken singles as well. That would be an amazing gift!

About This Used To Be My Playground:

all 3 tracks identical to the ones on the CD single/Japanese boxset, 1:1 copies.

Good thing that they didn't just duplicate the one already on STR, as that one is a bit more compressed/louder - not like the current releases/remasters, thankfully, but still louder than the ones on the single.

About the Papa Don't Preach single:

Track 1 (LP version) is the 2001 remaster/35th Anniversary Edition.
Trying out a few things, I discovered that it is the same track (matches/runs at the same speed) as the one from the original 1986 Japan pressing, but with loudness applied (possibly some EQ, as well? I don't know, I don't have an ear for that, tbh)

Track 2 (Ain't No Big Deal) doesn't match the one from the Dress You Up Japan CD, the 1995 yellow single, nor the 1996 Japanese boxset. No idea which version that is.

Track 3 (Extended Version) is the same as the 35th Anniversay Edition.
Weirdly enough, it matches the one on the Super Club Mix EP, with loudness applied (and possibly some EQ, as well), like track 01.

4 minutes ago, lennyleonard said:

Trying out a few things, I discovered that it is the same track (matches/runs at the same speed) as the one from the original 1986 Japan pressing, but with loudness applied (possibly some EQ, as well? I don't know, I don't have an ear for that, tbh)

Track 2 (Ain't No Big Deal) doesn't match the one from the Dress You Up Japan CD, the 1995 yellow single, nor the 1996 Japanese boxset. No idea which version that is.

Weirdly enough, it matches the one on the Super Club Mix EP, with loudness applied (and possibly some EQ, as well), like track 01.

I was thinking that the 2001 remaster was sourced from the hi-res files made available years later.

The files are slightly slower than the original 1986 release.

7 hours ago, roberMDNA said:

I totally agree. Madonna can personally request for Impressive Instant. Its apperance on Finally Enough Love favors a single release.

3 hours ago, lennyleonard said:

But the "True Blue" 2001 remasters and the 35h Anniversary Edition are not the same, I think. They applied something (EQ and boosting probably) to the files they used for the 35th remaster but it wasn't on the 2001 masters, I think it was on the original 1986 ones.

"Ain't No Big Deal" is probably the original master with some automatic EQ and volume boost they have/use for some of this digital singles, especially the 80s ones.

Nice to have this beautiful song - I see people asking about her videos in HD - good luck - they clearly don’t have any true HD versions as it’s been so long since the last one which would have just been an upscale anyway - its is kind of sad if you ask me that her videography is treated so badly when you consider she was a pioneer in this format 🙄🥹

10 hours ago, Prayer said:

But the "True Blue" 2001 remasters and the 35h Anniversary Edition are not the same, I think. They applied something (EQ and boosting probably) to the files they used for the 35th remaster but it wasn't on the 2001 masters, I think it was on the original 1986 ones.

The songs on the 11-track non-anniversary edition have been replaced with the newer ones on streaming though, right? Sounds like they have.

3 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I had totally forgotten about the additional lyrics in the extended version, nice surprise 

I forgot about the additional parts, they seemed more cliche and glad she kept them off the single version. The instrumental is just under 7 minutes long too, I never realised that it is even longer than the extended version. 

14 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

I forgot about the additional parts, they seemed more cliche and glad she kept them off the single version. The instrumental is just under 7 minutes long too, I never realised that it is even longer than the extended version. 

I wouldn't say the second verse is that cliche.