Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW

New_Boy

55 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

If the Madonna 40 release comes this year the only thing I wish is a physical release too vinyl or CD or both

I see a lot of artists are releasing CDs too!!! Would be cool to have her debut album on a deluxe book case with pics & stuff! Would be so cool! 😍 I know I’m dreaming. 😔

I thought some of the looks in the video were "harsh", but I loved it. I do wonder what other concepts were thrown around before they decided on the Bourdin tribute.

Still love all the remixes except Calderone which I thought was a bit basic. Love some of his other mixes. However, I'll forever be grateful for that mix as it was used as the base for Alberkam's "Hollywood Express" mashup. I was surprised they didn't use it for the Confessions Tour. Would have loved to hear what Felix Da Housecat/ Mount Sims would have done to it. Love their other AL era mixes.

Always thought the official/ "unreleased" Sander Kleinenberg mix was really good too.

12 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

I thought some of the looks in the video were "harsh", but I loved it. I do wonder what other concepts were thrown around before they decided on the Bourdin tribute.

I think "harsh" was part of the concept. It was meant to be raw and ironic, glam but not glam, you know.

Actually, there was a Bourdin set that was out of the final video, maybe cause it was TOO similar to the original, the chair:

2003-guy-bourdin-6.jpg

It was used on the remix video though:

https://youtu.be/Z1mbRGQA0I4

I LOVE the "Hollywood" video but wonder what they were thinking ripping off a whole collection of pictures from a well known photographer, honestly:

2003-guy-bourdin-1.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-3.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-2.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-4.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-5.jpg

I mean, a couple of them, for inspiration mixed with other original concepts? Cool, but ALL OF THEM?

She hasn't worked with Mondino again after that...

41 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I think "harsh" was part of the concept. It was meant to be raw and ironic, glam but not glam, you know.

Actually, there was a Bourdin set that was out of the final video, maybe cause it was TOO similar to the original, the chair:

2003-guy-bourdin-6.jpg

I LOVE the "Hollywood" video but wonder what they were thinking ripping off a whole collection of pictures from a well known photographer, honestly:

2003-guy-bourdin-1.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-3.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-2.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-4.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-5.jpg

I mean, a couple of them, for inspiration mixed with other original concepts? Cool, but ALL OF THEM?

That’s why she got sued and reached an out-of-court settlement with Guy Boudin’s son.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

2003-guy-bourdin-6.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-1.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-3.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-2.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-4.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-5.jpg

That remix video needs a HD treatment too! 😍

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

2003-guy-bourdin-6.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-1.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-3.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-2.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-4.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-5.jpg

Vogue was cut and paste from Horst P Horst's work too

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

2003-guy-bourdin-6.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-1.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-3.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-2.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-4.jpg

2003-guy-bourdin-5.jpg

Well....you said it all🙂 It's also why the name and images of Guy Bourdin are permanently burned into my brain, so thanks Madonna. Jkjk

That's why I would love to know what other treatments were thrown around if at all. Jonas would have come up with something really sick I'm sure.

I loved a lot of her intentionally harsh looks at the time. The Die Another Day video and some of the Klein images for Re-Invention. 

19 hours ago, Prayer said:

It was inspired by, but only on of the scenes was a direct tribute:

?attachment_id=94450

The rest was just the general vibe, right?

2019-03-17-Horst-P-Horst.jpg?fit=1920,10

The costumes, angles, lighting and scenes are taken from individuals Horst P Horst pictures. I think David Fincher's more cinematic approach is what it makes it more creative and inspired rather than copycut. It feels more like intertextuality than plagiarism.

horst-p-horst_carmen-face-massage-1946.j 60f6db46862193b3a51dbf8c884a96d2.jpg

But they also took inspiration from other Hollywood photographers like George Hurrell and Don English

jeanharlowbygeorgehurrell252c1933.jpg?w=8075a151779d21cebaf6efc5cd8385da6c-marleHurrell-Press-9.jpg?quality=75&width=120

hurrellcarolelombard.jpg

image-w856.jpg?size=800x

2 hours ago, EgoRod said:

The costumes, angles, lighting and scenes are taken from individuals Horst P Horst pictures. I think David Fincher's more cinematic approach is what it makes it more creative and inspired rather than copycut. It feels more like intertextuality than plagiarism.

horst-p-horst_carmen-face-massage-1946.j 60f6db46862193b3a51dbf8c884a96d2.jpg

But they also took inspiration from other Hollywood photographers like George Hurrell and Don English

jeanharlowbygeorgehurrell252c1933.jpg?w=8075a151779d21cebaf6efc5cd8385da6c-marleHurrell-Press-9.jpg?quality=75&width=120

hurrellcarolelombard.jpg

image-w856.jpg?size=800x

Vogue is a tribute to Hollywood during the silver screen era and a love letter to the ballroom scene and voguing. :D

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW